Herbstreit on the 2018 Canes (hint: it's all about Rosier)

Advertisement
He never actually said that or anything even close, as I recall. But hey, maybe I’m wrong.

If you can reference a proven quote from him to back up your claim, I’d appreciate it.
“I guess I got complacent and I was just out there to be out there and I was kind of going through my reads instead of just dialing in and focusing every snap,” Rosier said.
Quarterback Malik Rosier pulled briefly in Hurricanes' loss to Pitt

Kind of how i remebered it.

Advertisement
So did he or didn’t he say he wasn’t trying? How about a link to a quote?

“ I felt like it was one of those moments as a starter where I haven’t lost yet and I guess I got complacent. I was just out there to be out there. I was just going through my reads and not dialing in and focusing on Every snap.”

Miami Hurricanes QB Malik Rosier Takes Ownership Of His Performance Against Pittsburgh

He mentioned he was just out there to be out there as I said in the previous post. I pray he develops like everyone but he’s said a lot of questionable **** that didn’t really display leadership or effort.

Think of pre-season last year when he was “surprised” to be named starter and feeling like he would never really play here so he wasn’t serious about the playbook. Listen I don’t care if your the 5th string QB or true freshman everyone should play and practice like a starter you can be one or two injuries away from your number being called.

Also practicing like a starter helps the team be more competitive as guys are laying their all on Greentree.

Advertisement
OL wasn't horrible last year overall. They were dominated late by two overwhelmingly talented defenses in Wisconsin and Clemson.

We are rock solid at center and left tackle. Have faith the RT position will be fine with a slimmed down Donaldson.

A little uncertainty may remain but against this very winnable schedule, imo Rosier is a much bigger question mark.

Don't forget pitt and unc. pitt 69 ranked d held miami to 23-45 (1.9yds/car) unc ranked 98 held miami to 32-59 (1.8 yds/car). Even the games were miami had good rushing numbers it seemed more like they were padded with big runs and alot of 1 yd gains. people are under selling just how bad the oline was last year. 3 returning starters from a bad oline with two guys half this board wanted run off campus doesn't feel confidence inspiring. Malik is malik, we can win with him, but the oline needs to really step it up this year.

Glad you two can congratulate yourselves for not being able to show any cognitive skill...Bravo!
Who said I couldn’t decipher what you tried to convey with your post? All I said was that it was terrible from a conceptual and executional standpoint. Try to keep up sport.

Advertisement
Good quotes, but he never said he wasn’t trying, he said he was unfocused and complacent.

There’s a difference between taking an opponent for granted, which is what unfocused and complacent amounts to, and just “not trying”

His lack of focus and inaccuracy contributed in a significant way to the loss, but a lot of the team walked into that stadium thinking the win was automatic. It was more than just him.

Splitting hairs on interpretation.....as that's about as close to "not trying" as you're gonna get. Though either way, I don't buy it and I think his throws were just off.

.....way too many hurries on throws. Kind of hard to be accurate when you can't set your feet.

I think people forgive him for those and it's the throws that are off when he has the time to set his feet on what should be completions that worry people the most.

If he can even correct half of those,...he can have a big year.

Good quotes, but he never said he wasn’t trying, he said he was unfocused and complacent.

There’s a difference between taking an opponent for granted, which is what unfocused and complacent amounts to, and just “not trying”

His lack of focus and inaccuracy contributed in a significant way to the loss, but a lot of the team walked into that stadium thinking the win was automatic. It was more than just him.

Can you explain that difference to us?

I don't see how admitting you're complacent and unfocused isn't exactly the same thing as "not trying," but maybe you can expand on that.

Advertisement
Can you explain that difference to us?

I don't see how admitting you're complacent and unfocused isn't exactly the same thing as "not trying," but maybe you can expand on that.

You’re also digging way too much into a post game interview. What should a player say? I tried my best but I completely sucked? No, they all say they’ll prepare better next time

We have some grown *** men on the team this year. Many junior and seniors on both sides of the ball. The athletic build of an upperclassman is much different than that of an underclassman. We have barely touched on this but they look imposing. Look out for this team

OL wasn't horrible last year overall. They were dominated late by two overwhelmingly talented defenses in Wisconsin and Clemson.
I would also add the fact they had no off week because of the hurricane. I understand the "no excuses" mantra but that has to be tough on the boys in the trenches.

We are rock solid at center and left tackle. Have faith the RT position will be fine with a slimmed down Donaldson.

A little uncertainty may remain but against this very winnable schedule, imo Rosier is a much bigger question mark.
Oline didn’t get dominated vs Wisconsin . Outrushed Wisconsin in the game, pass protection wasn’t bad either.
Now clemson that was definitely domination period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back