Herbstreit on the 2018 Canes (hint: it's all about Rosier)

Advertisement
If Malik, can get to 60 percent or even 58 we are solid with him in the passing game.

From what I hear in camp that we all know is our Running backs. Homer will be at 1000 or close , and CR will have us run power in the red zone. Plus we have the tight ends, that will step up.

He just needs to manage the game, and dish to our RB's and AR 82. I think Richards will have a big bounce back year.
i doubt homer will get to 1000, i think that CMR will divide the touches, not equally but u go twhat im saying. He should divide the touches to prevent injuries and not just run one back 80% of the time.

I can see what your saying.

I get the feeling, that the coaching staff and even some of the players know that the team this year will be pretty **** good. If Malek can be a little bit more consistent, and our running backs will be a difference maker for us.

Richt is molding us into what I thought he would which is a little bit more of a power team that will start running more in the endzone to score. it will start to reduce Malek's mistakes, and we have such a solid stable of running backs be able to do it. Granted the O line has to have fire in them the whole season.

Well my agreement is that we might just have 4 running backs that end up doing serious damage this year. and the best thing is that most these guys are young!

Last edited:
I’m truthfully surprised Herbstreet was able to express his opinion with Urbans **** firmly entrenched in his throat.

Advertisement
You part of city girls?
tenor.gif

Team definitely looked like it was going through the motions in the pitt game
That ridiculous Thansgiving meal they ate certainly didn't help. It's just screamed "itis". I would've kept those boys hungry and had the Turkey Day feast AFTER the **** game. They might've murdered a few Pitt players had they gone in like that.

Advertisement
I think Rosier will improve enough...

Only thing that scares me is TE they are Uber talented and will shine in a year or so.. but right now being so young and having such a big part of our offense with not only receiving but blocking! If they can effectively do their job we will be cooking

Much rather a guy man up and shoulder the blame as opposed to bull****ting me about how Pitt was a really good team and that they brought their A game.

Huh? don't give a he'll about that a..his comment about Miami is sport on. Miami might be overrated if rosier hasn't improved plain and simple. He right.

Advertisement
Can you explain that difference to us?

I don't see how admitting you're complacent and unfocused isn't exactly the same thing as "not trying," but maybe you can expand on that.

It’s not worth it getting to much in the weeds on this, but here’s the way I see it: complacent and unfocused implies to me things along the line of distracted and not taking your opponent seriously enough to be mentally prepared, whereas “not trying” is more akin to not giving a fūck, not caring whether you win or lose, giving minimal effort because you don’t care enough.

To me that’s not an insignificant difference.

Reports out of CMR yesterday (scrimmage) were the OL protected and Malik had room and time to throw, and therefore played well. This echoes the sentiment coming out of camp about a week ago, and further emphasizes previous reports that he's taken a leadership role.

Like all of you, I'll believe it when I see it. But I did re-watch most of the games from last season, and man... Rosier made some really beautiful throws. His throwing shoulder was hurt in the second half of last season, the OL wasn't doing their job, we had multiple huge weapons hurt or out, and Richt is a QB guru. There's good reason to be hopeful, if not optimistic.

If Rosier pulls it together the only weak points I see (beyond the OL, maybe) are depth at DT and CB. But the starters are all going to be studs this season.

The other REALLY important thing is that we need to blow teams out and get the young QB's (even more so than all the young guys) some live reps.
We're at just over a week and I am F@#K!NG PUMPED

Everything you said was solid but I think the point of the backup QBs getting work in games is paramount to the future success at that position.

Everything you said was solid but I think the point of the backup QBs getting work in games is paramount to the future success at that position.

Even more important for the next two seasons, when I think we're going to be absolutely loaded and have a real shot at a title.

Advertisement
Don't forget pitt and unc. pitt 69 ranked d held miami to 23-45 (1.9yds/car) unc ranked 98 held miami to 32-59 (1.8 yds/car). Even the games were miami had good rushing numbers it seemed more like they were padded with big runs and alot of 1 yd gains. people are under selling just how bad the oline was last year. 3 returning starters from a bad oline with two guys half this board wanted run off campus doesn't feel confidence inspiring. Malik is malik, we can win with him, but the oline needs to really step it up this year.
Don't forget pitt and unc. pitt 69 ranked d held miami to 23-45 (1.9yds/car) unc ranked 98 held miami to 32-59 (1.8 yds/car). Even the games were miami had good rushing numbers it seemed more like they were padded with big runs and alot of 1 yd gains. people are under selling just how bad the oline was last year. 3 returning starters from a bad oline with two guys half this board wanted run off campus doesn't feel confidence inspiring. Malik is malik, we can win with him, but the oline needs to really step it up this year.

Stats can be decieving at times. Rosier had more "carries" (12) at Pitt than Homer and Dee Jay combined (10). Same with UNC where Rosier had 16 and all others combined had 15.

Both those games had far more passing than true running plays. Probably due to the fact our skill position players were running wild all over the field and Rosier had trouble connecting on anything.

Advertisement
Back