Herbstreit Bullish on UM

Advertisement
Rest of the panel was basically laughing at him.

He is usually bullish on us, but he came across different this time. Didn't seem like he was guessing; instead, remarkably confident.
Didn't see this but if they laughed at him then it reminds me going into the 2000 season he also picked us as a dark horse to win it all and the rest of the panel laughed at him especially Gilmore,believe he said something like yeah
i'm not feeling that.Hope history repeats itself.

Advertisement
For anyone who follows college football and recruiting, knows that when a significant number of top SOFL recruits stay at home, The U will be a factor again. Baga, Clemson, FSU and Jortsville have built their teams on SOFL talent. I truly feel confident we are on the way back. Must admit that if we crash and burn, I may not be able to recover.

Advertisement
Do we play BC this year? Maybe we can have our own 5’9” QB throwing TD bombs to obliterate the memory of the Hail Mary.
Miami corrected that mishap the very next season in Foxborough. Put 45 on BC again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Always loved Herbie. My kinda dude, doesn’t wear OSU shades, great father and role model to men young and old.
I love the guy too, agree he's a positive roll model. But oh gosh he sure did wear those shades early. He was such a pittbull antagonist against the SEC, I viewed him back then as a regional stereotypical sports announcer as heavily influenced by his old school and conference as Desmond Howard.

Granted this is maybe the shtick ESPN wanted - controversy sells. And Herbie subtly fed the fire OSU fans started in the new format that the ranking committee had an Institutional bias in ranking SEC teams ahead of OSU. He handled that sticky Urban Meyer scandal very gingerly after lots of fans accused him that if it were another school he'd be full of opinions.

But he's consistently prepared and pretty solid with information (Could care less on rankings because if it meant anything none of them would have jobs). I always perk-up when he speaks. For other reasons then Howard, I listen to him for the entertainment factor because he's so obvious.

Advertisement
Back