Herbstreit Bullish on UM

Listening to him on College Gameday.

He really believes we shock the nation this year, and that the addition of King turns us into a dark-horse contender to make the CFP (paraphrasing).

Thinks the rest of the team, including the defense and offensive skill players, will flourish with a competent, dynamic quarterback.
🤞🏾

Advertisement
What a worthless piece of human filth, a liar and a simp to boot.

anchorman GIF

Nah that can’t be possible.

Our fans said the pundits were correct in ranking us sixth in the ACC but are firing Manny if we don’t finish at least 3rd..

This thread is going to be full of “Well Herbie has been high on us before and we always let him down” takes bc God forbid anyone say something positive about the Canes without the “fans” not immediately turning it into a negative.
It's an important piece for there to be far more Ws than Ls.

For sure some debbie downers, I'd suspect more are offering sobering reality.

Our Canes are the only ones who control their destiny--down after down. The next game doesn't matter, the season is meaningless when they can't consistently rise to the occasion on this play.

Fix that, everything follows and the "mopes to be mopey" crowd will get smaller and smaller.

In de facto HC/OC Lashlee we trust until he gives us reason not to.

Go f[]cking Canes go!

Advertisement
Nah that can’t be possible.

Our fans said the pundits were correct in ranking us sixth in the ACC but are firing Manny if we don’t finish at least 3rd..

This thread is going to be full of “Well Herbie has been high on us before and we always let him down” takes bc God forbid anyone say something positive about the Canes without the “fans” not immediately turning it into a negative
Sad to say, based on the MOST recent history, being ranked 6th actually makes sense. I seriously doubt anybody in their right mind crowns us ACC champions due to a transfer QB that has had one-third of standard practice time with a new OC and offense.

As to Herbie, also sad but true...he is always hoping for our grand “return” again in his projections, then we do let him down.

An entirely separate issue is what this squad CAN do if everything comes together...hope like **** they can gel quick.

Listening to him on College Gameday.

He really believes we shock the nation this year, and that the addition of King turns us into a dark-horse contender to make the CFP (paraphrasing).

Thinks the rest of the team, including the defense and offensive skill players, will flourish with a competent, dynamic quarterback.
From herbies mouth to gods ears. The thing is that herbie is always pretty high on us as we consistently have the top 2 or 3 most talented squad in the ACC and the first most talented in the coastal. But unfortunately we keep falling on our faces and consistently letting herbie down. It’s actually surprising that he’s still continuing to stick by us every year, I would think by now he would have been sick of Miami making him look like a fool every year. Maybe this is the year he’s right, law averages eventually has to shine on us. Lol

Herbie has always been a fan of the Canes and our style of play. Buddy of mine met him 5 years ago and said he had nothing but good things to say about our program and has always hoped we returned to national prominence.

Advertisement
I mentioned this in another thread. Yesterday, three analysts (herby, howard and I can't remember the other) were asked to pick their sleeper for the CFB playoff. One picked Cincinatti, another picked Florida, and Herbstreit picked us.

If we make the Playoffs I’m going, don’t care about no corona.
Despite no CFB out here on the West Coast, I believe the Rose Bowl is one of the two CFP semi-final games. Hopefully, the matchup is Canes vs Anybody.

Although, with no West Coast ball I am a bit surprised the semi-final game wasn’t moved to a stadium back East. Yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back