Herb Waters

Advertisement
As was pointed out, guys not having good games happens. Sloppy mental mistakes from seniors is unforgiveable.

Blame Mark Walton and everyone else too.... The team didn't get it done

Last edited:
Worst team and worst coaching staff EVER at UM. We had some bad teams in the '60's and '70's but this team did less with more than any team at UM in the school's history.

Advertisement
What an idiot... Blaming a guy for one play. If we're going to blame players, Scott, the whole OL, Walton, Howard, etc. are much more blamable.

What an idiot... Blaming a guy for one play. If we're going to blame players, Scott, the whole OL, Walton, Howard, etc. are much more blamable.

was the blame not on the trick play a moment ago? i’m confused

because thats “one” play

if a kicker misses a field goal at the end of the game, are they not blamed?

if we score a touchdown with just a few minutes to go in the game and it’s called back for the most idiotic block in the back all season should they not be blamed? especially if they are a senior

"Herb Waters is so much better than Dorsett bro" -90% of this idiotic board.

Herb seems like avery nice young man who works hard. But he was nothing more than a 3rd or 4th WR here at best. Instead he ends up starting because of awful recruiting.

because thats “one” play

if we score a touchdown with just a few minutes to go in the game and it’s called back for the most idiotic block in the back all season should they not be blamed? especially if they are a senior

Games last 60 minutes. Throughout those 60 minutes, there are numerous plays that can pointed to as being "big". If a kicker misses a FG at the end, you can easily point to something that happened earlier that would have made the missed FG moot. We still had a first down after Herb's block. 4 plays to get it in. There was over 5 minutes left on the clock. Who's to say we can stop them after scoring anyway? You can't. The point is that there were several dumbass plays in this game that accumulated to cost us the game. Herb's was one of them, but it wasn't the only one.

Advertisement

because thats “one” play

Games last 60 minutes. Throughout those 60 minutes, there are numerous plays that can pointed to as being "big". If a kicker misses a FG at the end, you can easily point to something that happened earlier that would have made the missed FG moot. We still had a first down after Herb's block. 4 plays to get it in. There was over 5 minutes left on the clock. Who's to say we can stop them after scoring anyway? You can't. The point is that there were several dumbass plays in this game that accumulated to cost us the game. Herb's was one of them, but it wasn't the only one.

That was exactly my point

This thread was made after 7 threads were made about the trick play and two threads about scott dropping passes

I was simply stating that Herb has just as much blame as anyone else

I get the montage “you win as a team, you lose as a team”. But it’s not always true. Those three had a **** of a lot more to do with us losing than berrios,stacy coley, deon bush, or kaaya who all played very well

because thats “one” play

This thread was made after 7 threads were made about the trick play and two threads about scott dropping passes

I get the montage “you win as a team, you lose as a team”. But it’s not always true. Those three had a **** of a lot more to do with us losing than berrios,stacy coley, deon bush, or kaaya who all played very well

Yes, it is always true. The OL couldn't block anyone. There were numerous missed tackles. Numerous dropped INTs. Njoku had drops. A kickoff out of bounds. Kaaya missed some throws and made some bad decisions. Walton fumbled on the 5 after Herb's block. Offense only had 13 first downs. 3 of 13 on 3rd down (a lot of that is on Kaaya). We lose a safety to targeting. Hit the QB in the head. Bush called a ridiculously stupid timeout. Howard was awful on a few plays. Vogel killed us at the end of the first half. I haven't even gotten to the corching staff yet.

Don't just quote part of my post, quote the entire thing... :)

I asked how many times did we drop INTs. IIRC, Bush had at least 2 drops.

Yes, I get that Herb's block in the back (petty IMHO) took points off the board, but both sides of the ball didn't play well.

A lot of people didn't play well and we lost. If it was only Herb's block or Yarby's lame duck that cost us, then sure, say it. But IMHO, when the whole team didn't play well and made plenty of mistakes to go around, the team lost.

is it fair to say then that he had as much to do with it than the other guys?

I’m just saying we won the game, then he made a terrible decision and pushed someone in the back that brought it back.

almost like trevor darling killing stacy coley’s long run(but that one actually seemed like it helped the play a little if i remember correctly)

It did. It looked like it sprung Coley.

No, it didn't. No way that DE catches Coley, who was running around him. Darling's attempted block was unnecessary.

Advertisement
There should be a game show format indoors during the first team meeting of spring practice. Play the appropriate "Come On Down" music and everything. Make the players genuinely excited and intrigued.

Calls out all the appropriate names, the BOBs. Line them up on stage. Big smiles in anticipation. Soon to be alumni are welcome, like Herb Waters. Trot out an old fashioned chalk board and some chalk.

Then one by one have them describe and print out all the attractions of Blocking in the Back. That's who these guys are, every single player on the team who was penalized for that infraction in 2015. Hand out the appropriate T-shirts, the BOB shirts. There's a number on front and back, identifying how often each guy was penalized for a BOB. New annual award for the winner, the HEAD BOB. He wears the shirt until first game of the following season.

There is also an auxiliary award for the player judged to have the most superior and memorable BOB RECOIL, the palms up reaction after a flagrant BOB but somehow hoping the officials missed it.

This season's RECOIL champ is obviously Herb Waters. That was quite a way to stamp a college career.

There was definitely more than one ****-stain on the bed today. Plenty of blame to go around.

i've never seen a team do so many stupid things and shoot themselves in the foot to not even give themselves a chance to win. boneheaded penalties, dropped passes and interceptions, terrible time-out management...these past 4 years have been a comedy of errors. hopefully richt gets it all cleaned up.

Advertisement
Lets stop blaming everyone for this game and move on to the future you can point the finger at over a half dozen players and coaches for this debacle, everyone is frustrated, I understand, but the bottom line is CMR has to figure away to instill discipline into this team. Offensive line needs to be revamped don't understand whose stupid idea it was to put Darling at the tackle position, Kaaya has to excel to the next level he has to take charge and move around in the pocket and scramble better when things breakdown, hopefully Richt can instill that in his game next year.

This might sound far fetched, but I think Tracey getting away with throwing down the Wr, lead to the Herb penalty. I don't blame Herb or Tracey, I blame coach Scott for not making an example of Tracey in some way after he threw the Wr down. It wasn't called, and normally I wouldn't mind, but given where this team was with dumb, unnecessary penalties all year, Scott needed to send a message.

Beyond stupid. But there was plenty of that to go around yesterday. And the OL making Wazoo's DLine look like the Fearsom Foursome didn't help.

because thats “one” play

Yes, it is always true. The OL couldn't block anyone. There were numerous missed tackles. Numerous dropped INTs. Njoku had drops. A kickoff out of bounds. Kaaya missed some throws and made some bad decisions. Walton fumbled on the 5 after Herb's block. Offense only had 13 first downs. 3 of 13 on 3rd down (a lot of that is on Kaaya). We lose a safety to targeting. Hit the QB in the head. Bush called a ridiculously stupid timeout. Howard was awful on a few plays. Vogel killed us at the end of the first half. I haven't even gotten to the corching staff yet.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head right there, Sebastian. What a dysfunctional team.

Advertisement
Back