Herb Waters

Advertisement
It's not only this board I heard plenty of people that said they think herb should be getting more PT. He seems to make a play everytime the ball is thrown his way

Personally, I didn't see enough cushion there. He'll eventually get beat deep.

Give him some time. He'll learn to keep the play in front of him and not be too aggressive in coverage with a little more time in the system.

Yep. Take that over aggressive mess to some inferior program like Clemson. I'll take the more risk averse keep everything in front of us style Golden is building.

This sounds like the only answer that's makes sense to me.

Physically, he's done well every time I've watched him. But if he can't make sight-adjustments based on what the defense is doing, he is a liability. Maybe that's why that last FSU play looked so bad??

Herb had the best match-up, but Kaaya barely looked at him ...

The mental aspect definitely matters. And if he ups that this season, the kid can do damage, IMO.

Best possesion receiver on the rooster.

But, Al's favorite, butter finger Berrios is stealing all of his reps.

Not a good route runner and often does not recognize the defensive scheme , thus not allowing him to make correct adjustments. The mental part of the game is as important as the physical aspect. This is the reason he does not play more, not some conspiratorial explanation.

Maybe that's why that last FSU play looked so bad??

Herb had the best match-up, but Kaaya barely looked at him ...

That INT was Kaaya's fault.

FSU was in Cover 2-Man Under... IIRC, Herb ran a crossing route, which is a good route against that coverage. Kaaya also had a good matchup with Walford on that play.

In any event, Dorsett got funneled to the Safety, and Kaaya throws an INT into double coverage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back