Herb Waters on Mark Richt

Advertisement
Golden blew his redshirt just like he did with Choc

Golden was the king of blowing redshirts. Playing guys before they were ready or needed, then would gripe about the youth of his team.

And I thought Shannon was bad at this. But Golden took blowing redshirt years to a whole nother level.

Watching Choc go in for the 1st time was the ultimate WTF moment... Couldn't understand the reasoning behind it in that situation..

He always had the built in excuse that the "team was young." That was his go to line after his favorite quote, "it starts with me" and then immediately after that throwing the players under the bus.

You beat me to it. Golden always kept an excuse in his back pocket and didn't hesitate to use it. "We're a young team" and "the cloud" were his favorites.

Ah, yes...who could forget the infamous "clouds" line? LAMO. Dude was the biggest clown and car used salesman in the history of major college sports.

Other top 10 hits included;

1. "That team we played was a great team"(every game after getting our **** pushed in, even when playing the Sisters of the Poor college).

2. "We'll go back and look and the film and we'll get it corrected." WTF?!?!? (I'm still waiting for his fired *** to make an in-game adjustment)

3. "Guys aren't buying in. We got too many players freelancing." (Well, perhaps if the D you and your boyfriend ran here wasn't a freaken Sudoku puzzle)

4. "We have too many night games." (One of my personal favorites. How did he even think of this crap. True bullshyt genius at work)

5. "Our goal is to win the Coastal." WTF?!?!?
(And to think that some posters were still slurping him after he sad this)

6. "We didn't stick to our core values." (Can you imagined if the kids had stuck to his "core values"? I shudder to think how much worse it could have been)

7. "Don't rise to the occasion. Trust what we have taught you." ( Once again...WTF?!?!?)

8. "We're trending up." (If by trending up he meant that we were getting worse every season, then he was right)

9. "All of the "me guys" are finally gone." (Duke, Denzel, Dorsett, Walford, Chick, Feliciano and Gunther should all kick his ***)

10. "Be a cheeseburger." (This was perhaps his Mona Lisa, his Sistine Chapel, his Starry Night. Dude is an idiot savant, with a major emphasis on the idiot part)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just when you thought you were over reasons to continue to hate Al, someone brings up another reason. Blowing Redshirts! That phucker was bad at all things football!

Just when you thought you were over reasons to continue to hate Al, someone brings up another reason. Blowing Redshirts! That phucker was bad at all things football!

Playing Chocolate was criminal when we had Gus, Yearby and Duke. That made no sense.

Of all the things Golden said, "be a cheeseburger" has to be the biggest WTF ever. I watched his press conference when he was hired, and I can't help but think of all the hope, promise, and potential flushed down the toilet. I'm cautiously optimistic with Richt, but after Coker, Shannon, and Golden, I'll just wait and see. If Richt doesn't work out, UM becomes SMU.

Advertisement
What does "Be a cheeseburger" even mean? Lol what was the context of him saying that?

Miami sophomore QB Brad Kaaya said HC Al Golden wants his players to be consistent like a McDonald's cheeseburger. "Be a McDonald's cheeseburger," Kaaya said of the message. "A McDonald's cheeseburger is the same. Everyone buys it because it's consistent. It's the same thing every time. It's always good, tastes the same way. Be a cheeseburger."
This was after the Nebraska game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiamiHurri...e_figured_it_out_al_golden_is_a_cheeseburger/

Not even a good cheeseburger, a freaking Mcdonald's burger

What does "Be a cheeseburger" even mean? Lol what was the context of him saying that?

Miami sophomore QB Brad Kaaya said HC Al Golden wants his players to be consistent like a McDonald's cheeseburger. "Be a McDonald's cheeseburger," Kaaya said of the message. "A McDonald's cheeseburger is the same. Everyone buys it because it's consistent. It's the same thing every time. It's always good, tastes the same way. Be a cheeseburger."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiamiHurri...e_figured_it_out_al_golden_is_a_cheeseburger/

wtf1.gif

Advertisement

At first I thought this was the absolute worst analogy ever, but it perfectly sums up Al Golden teams. It makes perfect sense. Al Golden wants his team to stay consistent, AND he wants our team to be as good as Mcdonalds, which is bottom of the barrel.

So he achieved exactly what he wanted, a consistently bad team, just like mcdonalds has consistently bad food.

Holy chit!

Al's goal was NEVER to be excellent at his job. From the outset his goal was to fail and collect a buyout.

Advertisement
****, we were consistent under Corch Golden! We were consistently BAD. McDonald's cheeseburger?! Yeah... Fucc u Al!!

He always had the built in excuse that the "team was young." That was his go to line after his favorite quote, "it starts with me" and then immediately after that throwing the players under the bus.

I know it's history now but I've got to say it. I am so glad that worthless racking loser Folden is finally gone! He can't castrate our players anymore with his loser garbage! Good riddance! Biggest loser to ever corch at Miami!

Golden was bad but Shannon is the worst coach UM has ever had. Golden had No D and Shannon had Nix. Then again it maybe a toss up.

I know it's history now but I've got to say it. I am so glad that worthless racking loser Folden is finally gone! He can't castrate our players anymore with his loser garbage! Good riddance! Biggest loser to ever corch at Miami!

Golden was bad but Shannon is the worst coach UM has ever had. Golden had No D and Shannon had Nix. Then again it maybe a toss up.

Golden was much worst he didn't have anywhere near the accomplishments randy had. Do you remember his third year where in the 1st month we played 4 ranked teams and went 3-1? He also beat Fsu 2 times

Advertisement
Back