Herald Drops Saturday Print Edition

Advertisement
Just 15 years ago, the herald had an international edition, state edition, broward edition, keys edition and the standard dade version. The “bulldog” (early Sunday paper filled with boilerplate stories but all the coupons) used to be a huge Saturday seller.

internet changed everything...

Only person I know getting a newspaper delivered is my 85 year old mother in law.

Advertisement
As well as being completely confused by the concept of a paperboy let alone that one could legally have a job in this country at age 11.
I remember delivering the Evening Times as a kid. It was the afternoon edition of the Palm Beach Post. Can you imagine printing a whole newspaper twice a day?

For years my step kids would walk our elderly neighbor's paper from the sidewalk to his front door before leaving for school.

They couldn't understand how why he needed those massive sheets of paper to find out what's going on.

Society further retreating into their own tribal bubbles.

Why would any reasonable person read any newspaper, watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.?

Why would any liberal watch Fox or read WSJ?

Today's ear of "hyper-tailoring" the experience drives us farther apart, not closer together.

Advertisement
Society further retreating into their own tribal bubbles.

Why would any reasonable person read any newspaper, watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.?

Why would any liberal watch Fox or read WSJ?

Today's ear of "hyper-tailoring" the experience drives us farther apart, not closer together.
So, I should be a little concerned my wife is reading Proud Mongolian ******* Weekly? I could sense we were drifting apart, now I know why.

Can't say I'll miss it because only my Uncle Fred ever read it in our family.......and he hasn't read any Miami papers since we lost to FIU

Advertisement
In the late 60's, I delivered 220 Hollywood Sun-Tattlers on a bicycle 6 days a week after school. It was an afternoon paper with no Sunday edition. Wed was ad day and I had to make 2 trips. A few years later, a brother of a friend of mine had a Miami Herald route with over 500 customers. He'd hire a couple of us local kids on Sunday's to help with the huge Sunday edition. Those **** things were like handling a watermelon!

Advertisement
So, I should be a little concerned my wife is reading Proud Mongolian ******* Weekly? I could sense we were drifting apart, now I know why.

miniGif_20191219083841.gif

Advertisement
Back