Herald BJ recruiting update:

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
### UM seems to have helped itself this past weekend with key oral commitment Brad Kaaya, who’s such a priority that Al Golden visited with him last Thursday in California, even though he knew he would see him over the weekend in Coral Gables.

“Miami official visit went great,” Kaaya tweeted today. “Got to meet president Shalala. Very compassionate individual.”

Georgia-based tight end Christopher Herndon, a UM oral commitment, told Canesport.com that Kaaya “said he’s fully committed, isn’t thinking about anywhere else.”

UCLA and Boise State are still recruiting Kaaya, amid unconfirmed Internet reports that he's visiting Boise at the end of the month.

Meanwhile, Kaaya’s high-school teammate, 6-5 receiver Brayden Lenius, will visit UM Jan. 31 and also is considering Washington State and Minnesota. He told Rivals.com that the three schools are “pretty even” but then said that having Kaaya committed gives UM a “little bit of an edge.”

### Four-star safety Arrion Springs reportedly was the only player who wasn’t a UM oral commitment that visited UM's campus over the weekend. He’s considered a solid Oregon commitment.

### We mentioned last week that UM sees South Dade three-star receiver Tyre Brady as a faster version of Allen Hurns. He told Canesport.com today that UM coaches “are going to use me on kick returns, as a deep threat, like Allen Hurns.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ecruiting-and-heat-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
If we get Lenius he would change the whole dynamic of our offense, i see him being that great. Im glad we have a different QB now hopefully one that makes smart decision and dont force throws but can actually read the defense and execute.

If Tyre has half the guts and determination as Hurns, he will be a **** good player

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1793972 said:
If Tyre has half the guts and determination as Hurns, he will be a **** good player

Yep. Hurns is as solid as they come. Hope he plays like hurns while he's here

Might've just had one of the most under rated seasons in school history. Kid set the record for yards in a season but that was over shadows by how inept the defense was down the stretch.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1793972 said:

Yep. Hurns is as solid as they come. Hope he plays like hurns while he's here

Might've just had one of the most under rated seasons in school history. Kid set the record for yards in a season but that was over shadows by how inept the defense was down the stretch.

Agreed. He had a great season. Guy catches everything

If we get Lenius he would change the whole dynamic of our offense, i see him being that great. Im glad we have a different QB now hopefully one that makes smart decision and dont force throws but can actually read the defense and execute.

It certainly would make for a very complete set of WR as far as variety. The burner/smooth route runner in Coley, the tall high jumper that is always valuable in the red zone and in bailing out the QB in Lenius, and the shifty slot receiver who can do damage in the middle of the field with Berrios.

It certainly would make for a very complete set of WR as far as variety. The burner/smooth route runner in Coley, the tall high jumper that is always valuable in the red zone and in bailing out the QB in Lenius, and the shifty slot receiver who can do damage in the middle of the field with Berrios.

I like the idea of bringing in some variety. These days you need to attack defenses all over the field

I like the idea of bringing in some variety. These days you need to attack defenses all over the field

Exactly, and in this case we would not just have variety, we'd have TALENTED variety among the WRs. Add in Malcolm Lewis and Langham to the mix and in 2015 either Kaaya or Olsen is going to have an incredible WR class to throw to.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back