Herald article on Perry/Weldon

Advertisement
Judging by the amount of pics(and Crank), Herald has Perry as the starter already! Must be Pete influenced over there! LOL

Why did Perry have less then 100 yards rushing?

That's what boggles my mind. 90 yards rushing, but he's listed as a dual threat? Meanwhile, Weldon rushes for 4 times as many yards and is just a QB. 90 yards rushing doesn't look like a guy that wants to take off down the field. ****, Evan Shirreffs ran for a 70 yard TD in his first game ever. Just weird. I wonder why that is?

Advertisement
Check his junior stats he ran more. His senior year he extended a lot of plays with his feet just finished the play with a throw instead of just tucking and running. It's a good sign that he can run and still keeps his eyes down field and doesn't get tunnel vision. I'll take that any day

90 yards rushing doesn't look like a guy that wants to take off down the field. ****, Evan Shirreffs ran for a 70 yard TD in his first game ever. Just weird. I wonder why that is?

It's because he's not a guy that wants to take off down the field. Whenever he is scrambling in the pocket he is always keeping his eyes downfield and still looking to pass. IMO thats one of his greatest strengths. A lot of QBs can't keep awareness of downfield passign while evading the rush or scrambling. He's always looking to pass

Last edited:
Just curious, y is everyone counting out Allison? He was highly touted as well, and could spin the rock. I think he may surprise us.

Advertisement
Love Perry's stats. Can beat you with his arm or with his feet and most importantly, takes care of the ball. The importance of taking care of the ball cannot be overemphasized for a freshman starter.

My feeling is this is Weldon's job to lose. Given the coachspeak he seems more physically developed of the two, will have benefit of spring practice, and seems to play with a chip on his shoulder. Sounds like Perry will undergo some dietary and strength plan because he is not just physically ready at this point though probably has a higher ceiling of the two.

The rest of the pack does not seem to have much separation between them. Again just reading between the lines.

I have a feeling that Perry is one of those misleading skinny guys. You know, the skinny guy who's strong as ****.

In any case, the Spring is going to be very interesting. And, given that headstart by all the other QBs, Perry will have to be something really special to overtake everyone by the start of the season.

Advertisement
I have a feeling that Perry is one of those misleading skinny guys. You know, the skinny guy who's strong as ****.

In any case, the Spring is going to be very interesting. And, given that headstart by all the other QBs, Perry will have to be something really special to overtake everyone by the start of the season.

All you have to do is watch like 2.5 seconds of any highlight reel and you know he's the ******* stone cold truth.

Looking at the coach's quotes in this article, can't help but notice the difference in tone when they're describing Weldon and Perry. They seem high on Weldon but when they talk about Perry I sense the excitement they have when they describe his skill set and how how his dynamism can threaten a defense.

KD and AJ green are like that.

Advertisement
Just curious, y is everyone counting out Allison? He was highly touted as well, and could spin the rock. I think he may surprise us.

Richt has said repeatedly he'd like a QB who can move. Allison, while more mobile than Kaaya, is statuesque. And supposedly the big knock on him is he's been slow to pick up the mental side of the game.

If you have a QB who's a pure dropback guy, you'd like him to excel at reading/diagnosing, and apparently he doesn't. Maybe that's changed, but early reports haven't really been encouraging.

Jacory was a nix/Whipple victim

Jedd Fisch came and it changed dramatically
Yeah I don't necessarily see the Jacory comparison as a negative. Jacory was highly touted coming out of HS. He had a lot of raw talent but was a pick machine under Nix and Whipple. He actually played very well under Fisch.

Advertisement
Back