Herald article on Perry/Weldon

Why did Perry have less then 100 yards rushing?

That's what boggles my mind. 90 yards rushing, but he's listed as a dual threat? Meanwhile, Weldon rushes for 4 times as many yards and is just a QB. 90 yards rushing doesn't look like a guy that wants to take off down the field. ****, Evan Shirreffs ran for a 70 yard TD in his first game ever. Just weird. I wonder why that is?

Racism?

Advertisement
Looking at the coach's quotes in this article, can't help but notice the difference in tone when they're describing Weldon and Perry. They seem high on Weldon but when they talk about Perry I sense the excitement they have when they describe his skill set and how how his dynamism can threaten a defense.

Dynamism - energy and a strong desire to make something happen

Yes, please. I'll take some of that.

If you look at the game film of Perry he is always aware of the pass rush and he has that ability to escape from the clenches of the defense to keep a play alive until WRs get open. That along with the way he can just flick the ball like it is a dart is just outstanding. Only problem to me is that some of his heaves in high school could be picks in college cause he has a bit too much confidence in his arm strength and throwing into coverage.

Weldon looks extremely polished and athletic himself and seems to do a better job of managing the game but takes less chances which could mean less big plays down field in broken down situations.

Both will be competing for the job and I would be happy to see either one start this season. Just find a way to win.

Advertisement
Why did Perry have less then 100 yards rushing?

That's what boggles my mind. 90 yards rushing, but he's listed as a dual threat? Meanwhile, Weldon rushes for 4 times as many yards and is just a QB. 90 yards rushing doesn't look like a guy that wants to take off down the field. ****, Evan Shirreffs ran for a 70 yard TD in his first game ever. Just weird. I wonder why that is?

Even 90 yds rushing is an improvement over Kaaya but still a bit disappointed after looking at those rush stats, was hoping for more of a dual threat.

What did impress me over his last 2 years is just 6 ints on nearly 400 att. while having 56 TDs !!

People have to realize that Perry broke Daunte Culpepper's passing records.
You don't do that by focusing on tucking and running. You do it by looking down field and passing as a priority even when it looks like that you can run for some yards here and there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back