Herald article on Hickson and Barry

Advertisement
I was going to ask who was worse...Searles or Paul Williams? But then I looked at Paul's 247 profile and see he was the primary recruiter for Artie, JJ, Jamal Carter, MJ, Redwine, RJ, and some other players.

Sooooo......Searles is definitely our worst positional coach ever.

All eyes on Barry

Having the NFL on his resume is an instant recruiting pitch. He’s got a tough job ahead of him but anything would be an improvement as
All eyes on Barry

Having the NFL on his resume is an instant recruiting pitch. He’s got a tough job ahead of him but anything would be an improvement as well.

Biggest job in the staff. Get these kids to start performing.

Advertisement
Part of the OL's problem was that there was VERY little threat we could go deep and everyone stacked the line against us
- QB - no comment
- WR -once JT left - everyone else was a possession WR
- Play calling

In a blink of an eye we have the ability to go deep -- ever if M has to sit

Kids don't really care about how adept the recruiter is. The want to go to a winning program. Yea, you want someone that talks x and o, but that isn't the deciding factor. Get a grip.

Advertisement
I was going to ask who was worse...Searles or Paul Williams? But then I looked at Paul's 247 profile and see he was the primary recruiter for Artie, JJ, Jamal Carter, MJ, Redwine, RJ, and some other players.

Dang man, they were both bad! It’s definitely a super close call. Lol

Part of the OL's problem was that there was VERY little threat we could go deep and everyone stacked the line against us
- QB - no comment
- WR -once JT left - everyone else was a possession WR
- Play calling

In a blink of an eye we have the ability to go deep -- ever if M has to sit

What do you call a possession WR that can’t catch?

Biggest job in the staff. Get these kids to start performing.
No denying we need some talent on the line however we have enough there to certainly get the job done. I’m not as down on the OL as some but it needs a lot of work.

Just watching a kid like Donaldson struggle so bad at times last year was infuriating.

Advertisement
I always get a kick out of guys who think RB coaches are responsible for much of anything. Recruit great RBs and give them the ball. It’s all natural instincts and ability. The RB Coach is there to recruit. Period.

Yep. The only things to add are maybe be more efficient in their cuts and pass-protection. Beyond that, what else can they teach.

Williams because he was a cuck to a **** like Dorito

But Searles overall yeah....pretty tough to beat his WOATness

Searles was easily better

Advertisement
I always get a kick out of guys who think RB coaches are responsible for much of anything. Recruit great RBs and give them the ball. It’s all natural instincts and ability. The RB Coach is there to recruit. Period.

This. There’s only so much you can teach a rb. Maybe you can teach how to hold the ball better, maybe you can teach him to run a little lower. But that’s about it. The things that make a good RB ( instincts, vision, tackle breaking ability, agility, speed) cannot be taught. So as a RB coach your main job is to find guys with those characteristics.

Our guys got manhandled, that’s on Gus. Couple that with bad QB play, stacked boxes, predictable play calling and Searles and you get what we saw this year.

Advertisement
Back