Henry Parrish

3 rbs in a class? Never works out
We've done it....and yeah, didn't seem to work out.

Partly because one, Ellery Roberts, was vastly overrated. I think another in the same class was Steve McGuire turned out to be the best of the bunch. Another was I think a kid from New Jersey, Tekay Dorsey, who transferred back to Rutgers.

At least I think they were all in the same class...why three RBs from NY-NJ, I don't know.

EDIT: I think we actually took four in '88: Roberts, Dorsey, McGuire and Kevin Gibbs, from Coral Gables. Kevin played a little bit as a RS freshman in '89 but died in a car accident just before the bowl game. He was said to have a promising career.

These four were recruited in the '88 class, when Jimmy Johnson and Gary Stevens still ran a 2-back offense. Erickson came in for the '89 season and installed a one back. Dorsey left because he was homesick and saw less opportunity with a one back offense.

I would consider taking a third RB if he's really that good and at least one of the backs is versatile enough to do some other things, like return kicks, split out wide as a receiver, etc. The staff must think we need the scholarship for another position where we are really depleted, like maybe CB or OT.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lingard will not have played meaningful minutes for three years, right? He has to sit a year at UF doesn't he? If so, how will that affect him? He should have stayed and fought and clawed his way back to playing time....but I guess a man has to follow his dreams.
he’ll be granted a waiver and play this coming season. the ncaa won’t fight whatever hardship claim he has. they’re in no position to fight anything right now. he shouldn’t because he contacted uf prior to entering the portal.... but, no one cares

Advertisement
Good get for Ole Miss. Will be fun to see what Lane can do there. I think he will recruit the leftovers down here really well which will help him get to 8 wins on average at Ole Miss which is solid for them.

I think UiF’s after Zachary Evans for 2020 and they’re in a good spot it seems.
Absolutely no need to worry about this my friend. Evans isn’t leaving the state of Texas and if he does it will be to Georgia. Which is good for us because him going to the turds Would suck! But luckily we don’t have to concern ourselves with that as jimbo has his hooks In the guy and aTm owns the Houston area. Now when commits to aTm or UGa one nice thing is we should get some nice delusional tears out of it! 👍😁

Last edited:
Advertisement
he’ll be granted a waiver and play this coming season. the ncaa won’t fight whatever hardship claim he has. they’re in no position to fight anything right now. he shouldn’t because he contacted uf prior to entering the portal.... but, no one cares
Idk about that my friend. The NCAA got a lot of heat from all the conferences last year about basically letting anyone get a waiver who enters the portal. There definitely gonna be cracking down on that this year and with lingard/UFs shady history together this past season I don’t think he gets the waiver.

Advertisement
Fields shouldn't have been eligible this year and neither should have Martell. Would have made more sense to make them sit a year but restored the year of eligibility that was "mismanaged," but then again the NCAA isn't even interested in fulfilling their own stated mission(s) if it means one of their preferred contenders gets to play their new stud quarterback.

2012 Bama signed TJ Yeldon and Kenyan Drake.

2013 Bama signed Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Altee Tenpenny and Tyren Jones.

I guess Saban is nuts.

The best example you could do is this?

Bama signed 4 backs in a class and only 1 panned out. So he basically lost 3 scholarship for no reason. Yeah, I’d say he’s nuts.

If we were as stacked as bama at every position, I wouldn’t mind taking 3 backs in the same class, but we got other needs.

Advertisement
The best example you could do is this?

Bama signed 4 backs in a class and only 1 panned out. So he basically lost 3 scholarship for no reason. Yeah, I’d say he’s nuts.

If we were as stacked as bama at every position, I wouldn’t mind taking 3 backs in the same class, but we got other needs.

You completely missed the point. Saban signed 6 top rated backs in 2 years and 3 ended up being valuable contributors. Kamara transferred and didn't even start at Tennessee. Tenpenny was considered the top back by locals and he's passed. Tyren Jones was my favorite back in their class - he broke GA HS records - and he went the Mark Walton route of weed and violence.

You can look at stars and offer lists and watch film and assume great things but success isn't a given. Miami is not even close to a scholarship crunch. Diaz is giving out schollies to walkons like candy. The only limit is the 25 annual counters so Parrish would take a spot from that. God forbid we had to lose Keshawn Washington or some Tommy Kennedy grad transfer type to get another quality back to solidify the depth chart. Not like we've been lacking skill position talent for years rite?

Kiffin is not coming to soFla for leftovers.
He is going to be a pain in the culo.

Ole Miss has boosters who will fund him a couple kids a year on the down low. I expect an Auburn type of presence where a super talented SoFl kid (or two) locks in early and never takes another visit. Kiffin knows the JuCos well, too, so some of our locals who have to go that route will end up at his program, as well.

Advertisement
Back