Henry Hattis - Stanford Transfer

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
Probably is a guy to watch out for in the transfer portal. He suffered and injury this season and I'm not sure of the severity of it. FWIW his dad played baseball at miami with my uncle in 73 or 74 so the connection is there. Not 100% sure on him as a player but he did block for Bryce Love and has over 20 games of experience in his career at a legit program.

If his injury isn't too serious i would look at taking Hattis, Costello, and Hamilton from Stanford.

Advertisement
Probably is a guy to watch out for in the transfer portal. He suffered and injury this season and I'm not sure of the severity of it. FWIW his dad played baseball at miami with my uncle in 73 or 74 so the connection is there. Not 100% sure on him as a player but he did block for Bryce Love and has over 20 games of experience in his career at a legit program.

If his injury isn't too serious i would look at taking Hattis, Costello, and Hamilton from Stanford.

The question is do any of these kids want anything to do with Miami right now?

The question is do any of these kids want anything to do with Miami right now?

Stanford was the most disappointing team in the country this year according to a lot of people in the media. They had a ton of injuries including Costello and both OL mentioned who were starters there... so that played a factor. Stanford seems toxic at the moment just like Miami with so many guys in the portal and a bad season.

In terms of education I think Miami checks the box to be at least relevant to Stanford. If Enos stays I think Costello would be a good fit to transition to Van Dyke and I think Enos’ reputation as a QB coach could lure him here. If Enos is getting canned it makes no sense for Costello.

Who is your Uncle?

Stanford was the most disappointing team in the country this year according to a lot of people in the media. They had a ton of injuries including Costello and both OL mentioned who were starters there... so that played a factor. Stanford seems toxic at the moment just like Miami with so many guys in the portal and a bad season.

In terms of education I think Miami checks the box to be at least relevant to Stanford. If Enos stays I think Costello would be a good fit to transition to Van Dyke and I think Enos’ reputation as a QB coach could lure him here. If Enos is getting canned it makes no sense for Costello.

I don't see it quite like that with media, maybe bad quite to the extent they were. I did hear pre-season this is the worst stanford team in 10 years then the key injuries. But I guess with all the gts maybe it is a bit toxic...Stanford has seemed like such a solid program with a proven coach, hard to imagine things have gotten that bad, but maybe you're right and the transfers are a sign. I don't mind Costello at all...Gotta say though although not a complete Kaaya statue, but not really mobile either? Can we protect him?

Last edited:
Advertisement
David Shaw is a prime example why college coaches should jump at the NFL while their names are hot! 5-6 years ago he was offered several NFL jobs and he declined, now he’s gonna get fired and probably won’t get that opportunity again!

David Shaw is a prime example why college coaches should jump at the NFL while their names are hot! 5-6 years ago he was offered several NFL jobs and he declined, now he’s gonna get fired and probably won’t get that opportunity again!
He won't get fired after this year

Advertisement
A lot of players are leaving Stanford and graduate transferring because getting into a graduate program their is so difficult. It’s not because of a “toxic” environment. Shaw is even encouraging them to evaluate their opportunities. They just lost their starting linebacker Pryts as well.

A lot of players are leaving Stanford and graduate transferring because getting into a graduate program their is so difficult. It’s not because of a “toxic” environment. Shaw is even encouraging them to evaluate their opportunities. They just lost their starting linebacker Pryts as well.

To augment your post.

Advertisement

I absolutely agree with you that he potentially missed the NFL boat and the $$$ but I don't think he gets fired anytime soon either. He's built up a lot of goodwill and I think they're smart enough to realize that getting an upgrade there would be terribly difficult.

Different situation but along the same line of not striking the NFL iron while they're hot- remember when Kevin Sumlin was supposedly turning down interest from the NFL too?

I absolutely agree with you that he potentially missed the NFL boat and the $$$ but I don't think he gets fired anytime soon either. He's built up a lot of goodwill and I think they're smart enough to realize that getting an upgrade there would be terribly difficult.

Different situation but along the same line of not striking the NFL iron while they're hot- remember when Kevin Sumlin was supposedly turning down interest from the NFL too?
Yes I do and now he’s hot garbage! I would take him as an offensive coordinator in a heartbeat and he can recruit with the best of them!

Advertisement
1577196059313.png

Advertisement
Back