Help please. No WR coach????

Advertisement
It seems as if Manny is content with Cooney being the 10th man out on recruiting right now establishing early connections with 21 kids. It seems the current focus is on ending this class and laying the foundation out for the next one.

As stated by previous sources, this isnt a manny hire and this is Lashlee's call. I dont think Lashlee wants to go with someone who doesnt know his offense or his style, Im sure Cooney is being considered as a formality but dont believe him to be in serious contention.

Three names I think to watch are,
Tyron Carrier- Houston
Aaron Smith- Uconn
David Gru- SMU

^^^^

Just for fun, what's the proper amount of time a coaching search should take? Manny was too quick, this is too slow. So how long should it be so CIS can sleep at night?

And look, I'm not trying to say Miami's got their sht together, they clearly don't. But it's kinda silly the way no matter what happens, somebody's got a complaint about it.
It should be not to Fast, but at the same time not to slow, at least that's what my girl tells me

Going to start the rumor that Michael Irvin is in consideration so everyone throws a hissy fit like a bunch of little girls when we don't hire him.

Advertisement
The class is pretty much wrapped up, Cooney is holding down the fort for recruiting purposes and nothing is affected by not having someone named immediately. Judging by all the offers to underclassmen and school visits by coaches, the focus is currently to get as much recruiting done as possible before the dead period (feb 3rd). Sounds about right to me.

There is literally nothing to gain by rushing it other than pacifying whiny fans. Focus time and effort on recruiting right up until the dead period then conduct a thorough search and interview process for the WR coach, not that complicated really.

university claims they’re too poor we will now field one fewer coach to compensate

Advertisement
Manure is waiting til after the Super Bowl to announce the new WR coach that we poached from KC/SF

Wonder if they might be looking to go NFL route with either KC or 49ers. That could be the only real reason for the delay.

Advertisement
Seems like its gonna be Cooney...

this reminds me of the Patke hire when we were waiting and waiting, then Barry asked Mark who the 10th coach would be and Mark said, "Huh? Oh yeah... umm Jason Patke is gonna coach LBs."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back