Heisman Dark Horse pick: Mark Walton

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
The usual suspects will be talked about first... Lamar Jackson, JT Barrett (trash), Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield.

But as the season starts to shake out I can see Mark Walton creeping into the heisman conversation as long as he continues to put up the necessary numbers to warrant consideration.

Imo this is the perfect year for Mark to rush for 2000+yards with 20+TDs. Solidifying himself as one of the all time great rbs to come out of UM. And possibly winning the heisman as he carries this team to the Cfb playoffs.

Advertisement
I'll hope and cheer for it. I wouldn't bet a penny on it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

You probably won't find a bigger Walton fan than me...

But 2,000yds is not happening & the only way he's winning a Heisman is if we go undefeated & win a Natty.

First of all, Homer is going to get at least 110 carries this season, so Walton would need like 35-45carries a game to get those kind of numbers.

Secondly, we're not going to be a team that pounds the rock unless our QB's are just terrible. This Offense will be more balanced & utilize the quick passing attack a lot to setup the run.

I root for Walton because I think he's a phenomenal player, incredibly tough & a great person overall.

I've never argued that he was the 2nd coming of Frank Gore, I just support him because he deserves it due to the young man he's become & the things he's had to overcome. I look at him as an example of what kids from South Fla should look up to.

He's a True Cane through & through, I love what he's does for this team & what he brings to the locker room.

Love to see Lamarr Jackson have a great year knocking off Barrett for Heisman no #2 .. Darnold is with out any doubt the best pure passer in college football...

Advertisement
The usual suspects will be talked about first... Lamar Jackson, JT Barrett (trash), Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield.

But as the season starts to shake out I can see Mark Walton creeping into the heisman conversation as long as he continues to put up the necessary numbers to warrant consideration.

Imo this is the perfect year for Mark to rush for 2000+yards with 20+TDs. Solidifying himself as one of the all time great rbs to come out of UM. And possibly winning the heisman as he carries this team to the Cfb playoffs.

No, just no. Walton is not anywhere near talented enough to be a Heisman caliber back (he's an extremely solid and tough back and a hard worker), and he is certainly not a 2,000 yard back. That's pre-knee injury Frank Gore territory.

What kind of name is Darnold anyway? It's like the D is a typo that nobody bothered to correct.

It would be a stretch, but 2000yds from scrimmage (including receiving) is doable and might get him a ticket to NY if we win the division.

From your mouth to God's ear, but it aint happening. If it does doe, I'll send you [MENTION=17355]canesfanfromday1[/MENTION] head filled with pennies. You'll be a wealthy man.

Advertisement
Might be tough but it's possible. I think he will be a finalist for the Doak though. We shall see. Walton's a beast.

You probably won't find a bigger Walton fan than me...

But 2,000yds is not happening & the only way he's winning a Heisman is if we go undefeated & win a Natty.

First of all, Homer is going to get at least 110 carries this season, so Walton would need like 35-45carries a game to get those kind of numbers.

Secondly, we're not going to be a team that pounds the rock unless our QB's are just terrible. This Offense will be more balanced & utilize the quick passing attack a lot to setup the run.

I root for Walton because I think he's a phenomenal player, incredibly tough & a great person overall.

I've never argued that he was the 2nd coming of Frank Gore, I just support him because he deserves it due to the young man he's become & the things he's had to overcome. I look at him as an example of what kids from South Fla should look up to.

He's a True Cane through & through, I love what he's does for this team & what he brings to the locker room.

I just wish Richt would keep him off of Special Teams, though I don't think he can...lol.

UM

Last year He rushed for 1,117 yards and 14 TDs I think 2000 yards and 20TDs is possible with what is expected to be a better run blocking oline this year.

Advertisement
Last year He rushed for 1,117 yards and 14 TDs I think 2000 yards and 20TDs is possible with what is expected to be a better run blocking oline this year.

If we go 12-0 I think it can happen. Obviously the odds are against it, but it could happen if everything falls into place for us.

Advertisement
Love to see Lamarr Jackson have a great year knocking off Barrett for Heisman no #2 .. Darnold is with out any doubt the best pure passer in college football...

**** Lamar and **** UL. Hope he breaks his ******* leg this year.

His numbers should definitely go up. His 1,117 yards last year came behind an inconsistent line, and we all remember at least 3 LONG TD runs that were called back. His 209 carries last year (16/game) went for 5.3 ypc. If we assume 20 carries per game, an improved 6 ypc, and a dream 15 game season, that gets him 1,800 yards.

We have to go to the national championship and ride him hard, and he obviously has to stay healthy, but he at least has a chance at 2,000. Heisman is certainly subjective, and displays a clear bias towards quarterbacks, but if Walton was sniffing 2,000 yards on an undefeated team, it's safe to assume he'd be invited.

I'm all aboard!

Advertisement
Back