Hedley

I've been hoping for a punter who can at least get it across the scrimmage line . . . and find it interesting we had to go Down Under - but **** if he doesn't LOOOK like he's even heard of the term, "choke."

Oh, he has. Man looks like he's choked out many dudes

Advertisement
I've been hoping for a punter who can at least get it across the scrimmage line . . . and find it interesting we had to go Down Under - but **** if he doesn't LOOOK like he's even heard of the term, "choke."
Oh he’s heard the word choke. How do you think he killed all those kangaroos?

Advertisement
Hope he punts well, wasn’t impressed with his punt average(which was the same as ours last year). I know the Average probably is not all that important in putting since some of those stats may be lower due to trying to pin a ball inside the 10 or so on a short field to work with. Regardless we can’t be no worse than last year right?

I'm not judging the guy (as a punter) until I see him on the field, but those stats are important. You're right about situational punting bringing down an average, but that happens to everybody. I'm guessing good punters average in the 50+ yd range if you take out the purposely short punts. So he'll be judges by the same metric as everyone else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hope he punts well, wasn’t impressed with his punt average(which was the same as ours last year). I know the Average probably is not all that important in putting since some of those stats may be lower due to trying to pin a ball inside the 10 or so on a short field to work with. Regardless we can’t be no worse than last year right?

The notion of pinning punts by the goal line skewing the average down is not as big as you'd think. Once you hit roughly the 30, most teams are kicking field goals instead of punting anyway.

Oh, he has. Man looks like he's choked out many dudes

In Australia, they use the word, "Streengle." That's how they pronounce "strangle."

They don't use the word "choke," unless it's used when starting a tractor.

And for the record, you can't say "GOOD" rapidly followed by "EYE" without sounding just like an Australian greeting.

Advertisement
I'm not judging the guy (as a punter) until I see him on the field, but those stats are important. You're right about situational punting bringing down an average, but that happens to everybody. I'm guessing good punters average in the 50+ yd range if you take out the purposely short punts. So he'll be judges by the same metric as everyone else.

Everyone judged Baxa based on his high schools stats. Few watched his film and saw his coach had him trying crazy yardage! 60+ and even a 70. He did just fine for us. JUCO guys place about as much time on ST as high school coaches. We can't fully judge him until we see him in August against UF. He kicks bombs in his current film so I have hope he flips the field when we need him too!!!

So let's see.
Hung sheetrock
Played Rugby
Owned a tattoo parlor
Decided to be an NFL punter

What would be the logical major for him?

Advertisement
Back