NBA Heat make huge move

Advertisement
Lol we going by all stars appearances? Really..Roy Hibbert got a few of those my guy. I just turned your point around. My point is winning a title doesn’t make u a better individual player for a different team. Now if we talking about True superstars, Bron, KD and a few others it’s a different Story.
You compared Kyle lowry to delly. You listen to too much Skip Bayless and Steven A Smith bro I cant keep staying in this back and forth.

Number I'm looking at is 28 vs 35. Dipo is 28 and Lowry is 35...Butler is 31. Plus the heat gave up two minor role players for Dipo...they would have to give up Herro for Lowry. They didn't.

I would've moved Tyler for Lowry if it were that. Just Tyler and filler for Lowry if it meant keeping the other rotation pieces. it likely wasn't just Tyler for Lowry in terms of key pieces in the trade.

Are those career or season numbers?
Season-long. Dipo stats from his 20-game stretch with Houston.
Number I'm looking at is 28 vs 35. Dipo is 28 and Lowry is 35...Butler is 31. Plus the heat gave up two minor role players for Dipo...they would have to give up Herro for Lowry. They didn't.
All fair points. Problem is Lowry's game hasn't aged at all and he's still doing the same stuff he was doing 5 years ago. The ways he impacts the game aren't really athleticism-dependent and he's been durable. He can still get to the rim with his strength and guile, same as ever. Dipo maybe 28 but his game is/was reliant on explosion and he hasn't been the same guy in almost 4 years. That's pretty concerning. Players like Westbrook and Dipo age differently than the Lowrys and CP3s.

As for the cost I mean, yeah that's baked into the return. Dipo had no value on the market so Rockets gave him up for free. Again, that's pretty concerning. Right now Herro is an up-and-down role player - he's been that guy for 2 regular seasons with the bubble being the exception. Hoarding him at the cost of a title shot is foolish imo. He either has to develop into a legit championship piece or help return a superior player than Lowry. Both of those outcomes are possible but far from guaranteed.

Advertisement
Lol at HUGE move. LMAO. Oladipo is a solid player. Nothing more. We got better with this move but it is far from Huge.

Huge in the sense Miami dumped dead weight, brought on a few quality guys and opened up roster and cap space.

Riley again proving masterful in free agency. No one won bigger this week than the HEAT.

More about the overall picture, than just pulling in Oladipo.

fixed it for you.
same difference. If both Dipo and Lowry were the same age, or it was Lowry of 3-4 years ago then yes he would have been traded. But every team that wanted him said, too rich for my blood. Would be a nice get...but nope. Again, it's a moot point, and unless the Raptors drop him he's a Raptor.

LOL @the idea of taking a 35 y/o Lowry over a 28 y/o Oladipo, regardless of what you think of the overall move

Advertisement
Right now Herro is an up-and-down role player - he's been that guy for 2 regular seasons with the bubble being the exception. Hoarding him at the cost of a title shot is foolish imo. He either has to develop into a legit championship piece or help return a superior player than Lowry. Both of those outcomes are possible but far from guaranteed.

Herro's ceiling is Mike Miller...which isn't bad, considering Lebron was ****ed off when the Heat didn't bring em' back in 13'.

Herro's ceiling is Mike Miller...which isn't bad, considering Lebron was ****ed off when the Heat didn't bring em' back in 13'.
That Mike Miller was washed up in 2013. A ceiling of Mike Miller doesn’t scream a huge asset to me. Herro is being severely over valued by fans and this organization. Missed out on Harden, Lowry, etc. now. The guy is shooting 42 percent from the field and only 36 percent from 3 for his career and those numbers were better last year as a rookie. He has a negative impact on the defensive end as well.

idk he can do a lot more as a shot-creator than Miller ever could, but doesn't have the same size to rebound or defend bigger guys. I do think Herro has a pretty high ceiling but most likely settles in as a Jamal Crawford type. Those players bounce around the league as hired guns to come off the bench. They're not players you build around and wanna pay big $$ too.

As a Raptors fan I don't care much about getting Herro or not. I wanted to trade Lowry so he could compete and so the Raps could tank this year and get a rookie like James Bouknight who has an even higher ceiling than Herro. I was more hoping for future picks that could be used as trade chips. Herro's scoring might be nice for a couple years but by the end of next year he's extension eligible and I wouldn't wanna be on the hook for that. We'll see what his trade value is at that point...

Oladipo is 5/21 from the field with 7 turnovers in his first 2 games with the Heat. This will be interesting to monitor.

Then again if Lowry can't get on the court with his toe issue it's almost a moot point.

Advertisement
Lol we going by all stars appearances? Really..Roy Hibbert got a few of those my guy. I just turned your point around. My point is winning a title doesn’t make u a better individual player for a different team. Now if we talking about True superstars, Bron, KD and a few others it’s a different Story.
This post reads like someone who did not watch the 2016 Olympics, 2018 playoffs or 2019 playoffs, or Toronto Raptors in general. Lowry is a rabid dog on defense who can organize an offense, shoot, draw fouls, pass, and dribble the ball for 48 minutes without getting ripped if he had to.

that’s why Jimmy wants to play with him and why the heat will go after him again this summer

going 26/7/10 w/ 3 steals in the biggest game of your career ain’t enough these days

Last edited:
Oladipo is 5/21 from the field with 7 turnovers in his first 2 games with the Heat. This will be interesting to monitor.

Then again if Lowry can't get on the court with his toe issue it's almost a moot point.
Daryl Morey said the Raptors’ trade offers that included Lowry were in La la land, which changed my view of not landing him. We got Victor for two guys who would not have been on the team next year. We might be able to resign Victor at a discount and we get way more talented for the playoffs. Lowry is someone who can be signed in free agency, will likely be target #1 for the Heat

Daryl Morey said the Raptors’ trade offers that included Lowry were in La la land, which changed my view of not landing him. We got Victor for two guys who would not have been on the team next year. We might be able to resign Victor at a discount and we get way more talented for the playoffs. Lowry is someone who can be signed in free agency, will likely be target #1 for the Heat
lol Daryl Morey is a haggling clown who thinks every trade has to be a plunder job unless he's already got 1 foot out the door (Westbrook trade). The Sixers have no compelling assets so we shouldn't be surprised if the Raps want everything they have. Tyrese Maxey, Thybulle and picks is hardly a la la land request. We'll see how far they go with the husk of George Hill.

Advertisement
lol Daryl Morey is a haggling clown who thinks every trade has to be a plunder job unless he's already got 1 foot out the door (Westbrook trade). The Sixers have no compelling assets so we shouldn't be surprised if the Raps want everything they have. Tyrese Maxey, Thybulle and picks is hardly a la la land request. We'll see how far they go with the husk of George Hill.
When you have 100m+ a year for the next 4 years committed to your three best players (and you’ve already traded one of your possible 3 first round picks to trade), thybulle, maxey and multiple picks is a la la land request for kyle lowry IMO. We don’t know the exact requests obviously.

That’s not too far off from what Chicago gave Orlando for two and half years of Vucevic. It would’ve give them a much better shot at the Nets but I can understand the hesitation - especially from Doc’s POV. Doc loves those young guys. Doc did not allow Maxey to be included in the Houston trade. As a basketball fan at large, I’m thankful because harden is way more entertaining over there than he would have been in philly. The time to go all in was then, just like it was for the Heat who also missed out on Harden. Lowry is great but I can see the hesitation to go all in especially when he can leave in summer. I think Houston Morey would’ve made that move but in year 1 of Philly he would rather see how the unit performs in the playoffs and try to get Lowry in the summer.

These capped out contenders kind of have to operate different in their dealmaking. Like Luke Kenard gets 54/4 because he has Aaron Mintz, agent of PG, Jj reddick and bunch of others, but also because the Clippers intend to keep PG/Kawhi till they’re 35 and need contracts to trade.

May turn out to have been the wrong move but they can still make a similar move for a player of that caliber down the line. Morey mentioned keeping that optionality.

Lakers not including THT for Lowry could cost em too. I like Brooklyn’s best two, best three, best five, best eight, and best 1-15 better than Lakers. And, Schroeder and KCP and Gasol have some issues with the front office now.

Summer of 2021 has always been the Heat’s all in summer since we got Jimmy so I’m fine with waiting. We have a team that matchup well against anybody outside of guarding Embiid.

Putting the feelings about Morey aside, Pat Riley agreed with him to an extent or else he would’ve made the trade for Kyle. He has overpaid for guys before. Jimmy has been trying to play with Lowry since he got to Miami, and Vice versa. And Masai said he was kind of shocked at some of the responses he got back from GMs about Lowry so there was some clear disagreement on how he viewed it versus everyone else.

Last edited:
Trevor Ariza will be vital for that institutional knowledge/defense if the Heat run into Brooklyn.

You compared Kyle lowry to delly. You listen to too much Skip Bayless and Steven A Smith bro I cant keep staying in this back and forth.
No. I compared the idea that a championship makes you a better player. did winning a ring change pascal siakims game? Did it change Rondos game post Bost? Did he have the same impact in Dal, sac town as he did in LAL?. Nope. You take Kawhi, ibaka etc off the raps and siakims flaws that were Always there gets exposed. Same with rondo after he loses a wing iso scorer, rays spacing and KG defensive IQ. Until you pair him with Bron and AD. same with A 35 year old Kyle Lowry. a player like KG, Ray Allen, AD, Kyrie etc were always great. A championship just changed fans perspective because they actually got to see them more often once they went to contenders

The only thing that a ring changes is the perspective fans have of these players. That’s actually a narrative argument that pundits like skip or SAS would use... Kyle has had a very good career but given what teams had to give up to get him he wasn’t tipping any scales in LAL, MIA or philly.. there are plenty players in the league who are dawgs who aren’t in places to win rn. And if they somehow got on the championship stage the only thing that would change with them is narrative. Not them as actual players

Trevor Ariza will be vital for that institutional knowledge/defense if the Heat run into Brooklyn.
Lol let’s be clear..Trevor can’t do nothing to stop or slow KD, Kyrie or James. And whatever “advice” he gives don’t mean a **** thing. Anyone who plays BRKLYN the key is limit your TOs, control pace and execution late in games. If you don’t do the first 2 I mentioned BRKLYN will run u out the gym. Good news for teams that gave them is this is still Dan tonis system..which means defense is not a priority for them

Advertisement
Back