NBA Heat make huge move

Advertisement
I'm saying he's on the wrong side of 35. I'm saying Herro has a lot more Basketball in him than Kyle. I'm saying washed as he's got another year or so at best.
kyle helps you win now more than herro does and his timeline aligns with Butlers (which is all that matters). regardless, i dont see tyler as some future multiple time all star. dont think **** ever be that or even make an all star game. he could be a good sixth man, but hes easily movable just for the right piece and package (which isnt lowry). hes still cheap and is more talented than duncan. now this trade for dipo was a perfect move. dipo is young enough and if hes healthy can be the dynamic perimeter player we need since goran is cooked and tyler and duncan aren't that. hes also a good defender that takes pressure off jimmy since goran tyler duncan and nunn cant guard a player for their life

But oladipo gives you basically what kyle does with maybe better defense... although it's negligible

kyle fit a hole at PG but dipo fits the dynamic playmaker and defender that were sorely missing. both would be good additions. the biggest diff being dipo wanted to be here and would give you the most rather than kyle who may just see it as the best opportunity. i think kyle ends up in philly in a trade next season

Great trade for the Heat. Miami gave up a couple of role players who come off the bench for a 28-year old all-star, who IF he can stay healthy may have another 4-5 years of all-star quality play left. Not to mention, he's a very good defender as well.
And we get to try him out for two months first hand before committing to him long term.

Advertisement
But oladipo gives you basically what kyle does with maybe better defense... although it's negligible
LOL

PER:
Oladipo - 15.1
Lowry - 16.1

TS%:
Oladipo - .508
Lowry - .593

REB rate:
Oladipo - 7.5%
Lowry - 8.8%

AST%:
Oladipo - 26.1%
Lowry - 32.5%

USG rate:
Oladipo - 29.9%
Lowry - 21.8%

They're not even in the same stratosphere as players.

Lowry is an elite 3&D PG who can play in any lineup construction and offer spacing, passing and general high IQ/high effort play. He can be the lead ballhandler in bench lineups or play a spot-up role alongside a guy like Butler - he just won a title 2 years ago in that role.

Oladipo is a high-usage inefficient chucker who lost the superlative explosion that made him dominant the 1 year he was actually really good in 2017-18. He hasn't been the same since the injury. His team defense is nowhere near the impact of Lowry who's been arguably the best team defender at the PG position for years.

If I was a Heat fan I'd be pretty upset that this title window is being wasted when Lowry would elevate that team to best in the East status and the LA teams are looking weaker now.

LOL

PER:
Oladipo - 15.1
Lowry - 16.1

TS%:
Oladipo - .508
Lowry - .593

REB rate:
Oladipo - 7.5%
Lowry - 8.8%

AST%:
Oladipo - 26.1%
Lowry - 32.5%

USG rate:
Oladipo - 29.9%
Lowry - 21.8%

Lowry is an elite 3&D PG who can play in any lineup construction and offer spacing, passing and general high IQ/high effort play. He can be the lead ballhandler in bench lineups or play a spot-up role alongside a guy like Butler - he just won a title 2 years ago in that role.

Oladipo is a high-usage inefficient chucker who lost the superlative explosion that made him dominant the 1 year he was actually really good in 2017-18. He hasn't been the same since the injury. His team defense is nowhere near the impact of Lowry who's been arguably the best team defender at the PG position for years.

If I was a Heat fan I'd be pretty upset that this title window is being wasted when Lowry would elevate that team to best in the East status and the LA teams are looking weaker now.

Are those career or season numbers?

LOL

PER:
Oladipo - 15.1
Lowry - 16.1

TS%:
Oladipo - .508
Lowry - .593

REB rate:
Oladipo - 7.5%
Lowry - 8.8%

AST%:
Oladipo - 26.1%
Lowry - 32.5%

USG rate:
Oladipo - 29.9%
Lowry - 21.8%

Number I'm looking at is 28 vs 35. Dipo is 28 and Lowry is 35...Butler is 31. Plus the heat gave up two minor role players for Dipo...they would have to give up Herro for Lowry. They didn't.

Advertisement
washed? He's still playing at an All Star level and he still impacts the game like a championship level pg should. You may not want to deal Herro for him but calling him washed means you probably don't watch anyone but the heat play.
That boy Kyle shooting below 45%..he’s not washed but he’s a 5”11 35 year old PG. I’m so Happy Lakers ain’t make that move too.

as for VO 21-6-4..below 45% from the field..he’s not a PG but a good PNR wing who can get it off the bounce. Solid move cause I’m not sure what Goran can still give y’all when he comes back

That boy Kyle shooting below 45%..he’s not washed but he’s a 5”11 35 year old PG. I’m so Happy Lakers ain’t make that move too.

as for VO 21-6-4..below 45% from the field..he’s not a PG but a good PNR wing who can get it off the bounce. Solid move cause I’m not sure what Goran can still give y’all when he comes back
I'd take Kyle over Oladipo for the next 2 years if I'm trying to win a championship and frankly it's not even close. VO is being passed around and was gotten for basically spare parts for a reason. He puts up good numbers. but he's not a leader nor has been able to impact a game meaningful games as much as Lowry has.

Kyles proved it by winning a championship and playing hard on both ends of the court night in and night out.

Lakers tried to make that move. You might not see it but Kyle would have made that Lakers team much better.

LOL

PER:
Oladipo - 15.1
Lowry - 16.1

TS%:
Oladipo - .508
Lowry - .593

REB rate:
Oladipo - 7.5%
Lowry - 8.8%

AST%:
Oladipo - 26.1%
Lowry - 32.5%

USG rate:
Oladipo - 29.9%
Lowry - 21.8%

I'd take Kyle over Oladipo for the next 2 years if I'm trying to win a championship and frankly it's not even close. VO is being passed around and was gotten for basically spare parts for a reason. He puts up good numbers. but he's not a leader nor has been able to impact a game meaningful games as much as Lowry has.

Kyles proved it by winning a championship and playing hard on both ends of the court night in and night out.

Lakers tried to make that move. You might not see it but Kyle would have made that Lakers team much better.
Let’s be clear..Kyle ain’t win the championship. The Toronto raptors led in production by kawhi won the chip. And if KD and Klay are healthy they lose in 5. Being on a championship roster doesn’t change who you are as a individual player unless your a super star who continues to get better. I like Kyle but he’s 35 shooting below 45 percent from the FG and is 5’11. He’s not making or breaking the heats cjamce to win given what u have to give to get him. With VO u give up very little, get a legit wing who can create off the bounce..options and choices. Given the option of what miami had to give up VO was the better choice

Kyle won a championship as a secondary player. They don't need Dipo to be the leader...thats what Butler is for. They needed better guard defense than what they had and Dipo gives you that...and another scoring option and he gives you that as well. If he gets back to his all star or **** close to it ways...so be it. The Heat was a couple games away from a championship last year...with less.

Advertisement
Let’s be clear..Kyle ain’t win the championship. The Toronto raptors led in production by kawhi won the chip. And if KD and Klay are healthy they lose in 5. Being on a championship roster doesn’t change who you are as a individual player unless your a super star who continues to get better. I like Kyle but he’s 35 shooting below 45 percent from the FG and is 5’11. He’s not making or breaking the heats cjamce to win given what u have to give to get him. With VO u give up very little, get a legit wing who can create off the bounce..options and choices. Given the option of what miami had to give up VO was the better choice
Being on a championship roster doesn't change who you are as an individual player? What? You couldn't be more wrong. Having a championship pedigree **** sure makes a difference in your psyche. Lowry is the better player over VO if you're looking to win now.

Your point about giving up less is valid. You can look at it that way. But the other part of your argument is dumb dumb dumb.

Being on a championship roster doesn't change who you are as an individual player? What? You couldn't be more wrong. Having a championship pedigree **** sure makes a difference in your psyche. Lowry is the better player over VO if you're looking to win now.

Your point about giving up less is valid. You can look at it that way. But the other part of your argument is dumb dumb dumb.
Nope it don’t. Mathew Delly not a better player with a ring. Norris Cole wasn’t a better individual player for 2 rings. You are what you bring to the table as a individual talent. Being apart of championship is about buy in from the group. So yes it makes you a key cog for that group..but if a role player goes to a different team that’s not a contender what exactly does his championship mean for them? Not a **** then

Nope it don’t. Mathew Delly not a better player with a ring. Norris Cole wasn’t a better individual player for 2 rings. You are what you bring to the table as a individual talent. Being apart of championship is about buy in from the group. So yes it makes you a key cog for that group..but if a role player goes to a different team that’s not a contender what exactly does his championship mean for them? Not a **** then
Comparing a 6 time all star Kyle Lowry to Mathew Delly and calling him a role player. Good day, sir.

Advertisement
Comparing a 6 time all star Kyle Lowry to Mathew Delly and calling him a role player. Good day, sir.
It's hard to justify sending a young good player like Herro to get a 35 year old player like lowry..when for less you can get nearly the same production in Dipo. There is a reason others didn't jump to get Lowry...they want too much for him. His value is what you are willing to give up for him.

It's hard to justify sending a young good player like Herro to get a 35 year old player like lowry..when for less you can get nearly the same production in Dipo. There is a reason others didn't jump to get Lowry...they want too much for him. His value is what you are willing to give up for him.
what does that have to do with the post you're responding to?

I said if you don't think he's worth the ask that's fine. But he's going to bring more to winning a championship than VO all things being equal.

There is a reason the top teams in the league all wanted him.

what does that have to do with the post you're responding to?

I said if you don't think he's worth the ask that's fine. But he's going to bring more to winning a championship than VO all things being equal.

There is a reason the top teams in the league all wanted him.
Did they though? They didn't want him that badly.

Lol we going by all stars appearances? Really..Roy Hibbert got a few of those my guy. I just turned your point around. My point is winning a title doesn’t make u a better individual player for a different team. Now if we talking about True superstars, Bron, KD and a few others it’s a different Story.

Advertisement
Back