• Billy Napier

Votes: 22 9.8%
  • Jamey Chadwell

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Matt Campbell

Votes: 34 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mario would be a huge improvement from what we have, but in typical Mario fashion, he beats a good team, and then craps the bed the next week. He's on the next tier of coaches...and still makes time management and boneheaded decisions this far into his career. I think he's get us 9-10 wins with an unexpected loss or 2 to inferior opponents.

So you're saying if we hire Mario we'll beat a good team for once?

Advertisement
Mario would be a huge improvement from what we have, but in typical Mario fashion, he beats a good team, and then craps the bed the next week. He's on the next tier of coaches...and still makes time management and boneheaded decisions this far into his career. I think he's get us 9-10 wins with an unexpected loss or 2 to inferior opponents.
mackbrown.jpg

So our very own version of this guy, which means Mario would recruit so well we'd just need a generational QB to win a National Championship, but eventually we'd have to push him out the door because FSU or UF would hang 60 on us and we'd lose at home to Syracuse and Temple

View attachment 157009

So our very own version of this guy, which means Mario would recruit so well we'd just need a generational QB to win a National Championship, but eventually we'd have to push him out the door because FSU or UF would hang 60 on us and we'd lose at home to Syracuse and Temple
either him or Brian Kelly without the killing of a student.

Advertisement
Is anyone saying no to Pat Narducci from Pitt?

Advertisement
Advertisement
My take on potential coaches:

- Cristobal is the clear top choice, so it’s a matter of whether he’d be willing to leave and obviously the money.

- Fickell and Campbell would both probably be near or at the top of UMs list, but I don’t think either would be interested in coming here.

- If Mario says no, it’s hard to say who would be next on UM’s list, but I think it would be Stoops, especially if UK finishes this season strong.

- I like Schiano but I think he would need to pull off an incredible season (8-4 with a major upset) for UM to seriously consider him.

- Kiffin would be exciting but I doubt UM seriously considers him either. Too much of a loose cannon.

- Freeze could very well be the best pure football coach available, but with the sanction issues we’ve had in the past, 0.0% chance lol.

That would leave a few guys like Billy Napier, Jeff Hafley, and maybe Tom Herman as their next choices if they can’t land either Cristobal or Stoops. But I think they could get Stoops. His salary is high at $5M but his buyout is only $1.75M. He may be ready to move on from Kentucky, and wouldn’t be a candidate for any top tier programs, so he may view Miami as the next best job he could get.

Cristobal is obviously the big fish here, but I think we need Oregon to miss the playoff. Oregon making the playoff, Phil Knight dumping money in his lap, and his loaded recruiting classes might be too much to walk away from. But then again we shouldn’t underestimate the power of the hometown pull, especially if his wife and family are behind it.

You guys are sleeping on Doug Marrone. NO Saints OC under Sean Payton, turned around Syracuse. NFL HC for the Bills and Jags. Now an apprentice under Saben at Alabama. He’s no nonsense which is what the Miami players need to stay focused.

You guys are sleeping on Doug Marrone. NO Saints OC under Sean Payton, turned around Syracuse. NFL HC for the Bills and Jags. Now an apprentice under Saben at Alabama. He’s no nonsense which is what the Miami players need to stay focused.
Interesting.

Not a fan of how he dumped the Bills.

At the end of the 2014 season, it was revealed that Marrone had a three-day "out" clause in his contract in the event of an ownership change; the clause was triggered by the sale of the Bills in 2014 after the death of the Bills' founder and long-time owner Ralph Wilson. Marrone exercised the out clause and quit on December 31, 2014, and still collected his 2015 salary in full. After Marrone quit, several players expressed their displeasure and disgust with both the decision and the way that he informed the team. One of the captains and the longest-tenured player on the team, running back Fred Jackson, said it was "like getting punched in the stomach." Marrone interviewed with the New York Jets for their head coaching position; his interview reportedly did not go well.

Advertisement
PJ Fleck would get an interview for sure.

From my perspective Miami needs someone who can coach fundamentals and discipline. Someone who can evaluate talent. Fleck provides that for Minn. They are routinely ranked low in terms of penalties.

Anyone can bring in top 20 talent into the U. Not sure I see a major difference between the talent that Randy, Al, Richt or Manny brought in. If we pull in like talent and focus on discipline and fundamentals we should be a top 20 team every year. We may be vanilla as ****, but being a year in and out top 20 team will help our recruiting class make it to the next level.

People keep saying we need a recruiter (wall up SFL) and I am not so sure anymore. The main thing hurting our recruiting is failed seasons where our more talented teams play completely undisciplined and lose to inferior talent teams. The bottom line unless we can get a coach who focusses on fundamentals and discipline we will keep shooting ourselves in the foot every year. No recruiter can overcome year in and year out disappointments.

I was high on Mario but I am off that train. While he would stay for the long haul Oregon is just as undisciplined as Miami. Mario would be fighting the same issue as every other coach does down here. He would focus on recruiting and do well for some time but he would fail to stop the kids from losing the game they shouldn't and then recruiting would suffer.
Fleck is all noise. Hard pass.

Advertisement
Back