Head Coach Candidates

There’s no shot Hurley would leave UConn for Kentucky…right?

Doubt it. Unless UCONN can't pay up...

Outside of that, Kentucky doesn't offer anything that UCONN doesn't...

Truth is UCONN is a way better program, a true blue blood.

Plus, Hurley is a JC kid. Tri-State is home...

Note: i loathe YUKON and Hurley, so I have no dawg in this fight.

Advertisement
Kentucky is an absolute pressure cooker of a job. Hurley is coming off of a national championship and looks poised to win another. He's from the northeast and they're the premier program on the east coast right now. He makes about $5 million per year, so Kentucky would probably have to offer more than Cal is making ($8.5 million) for it even to be a conversation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Calipari is getting out just in time. I wonder how long will Arkansas tolerate being good but not elite, especially if Cal is making significantly more than what Muss made. This smells like Arkansas money making a splash hire, but I wonder if they could do better than Cal, who is on the downside of his career. Honestly, I'd take Oats over Cal right now, especially if Arkansas is paying huge money. Wonder if Pitino becomes a legit candidate for Kentucky, especially as a bridge. Maybe they go all in on winning with Rick for a couple of years, then reset. Maybe they go for Beard or Oats themselves...

Calipari is getting out just in time. I wonder how long will Arkansas tolerate being good but not elite, especially if Cal is making significantly more than what Muss made. This smells like Arkansas money making a splash hire, but I wonder if they could do better than Cal, who is on the downside of his career. Honestly, I'd take Oats over Cal right now, especially if Arkansas is paying huge money. Wonder if Pitino becomes a legit candidate for Kentucky, especially as a bridge. Maybe they go all in on winning with Rick for a couple of years, then reset. Maybe they go for Beard or Oats themselves...
Billy Donovan

Advertisement
People talk about Cal a lot but the actual person that needs to be under fire is UK AD. That program is really behind in regards to NIL and facilities compared to other blue bloods.

Dan Radakovich must not be in the loop. Dan should have made a run at Coach Cal.
Cal in Coral Gables would be a perfect fit.
Canes Hoops love older head coaches ready to retire. Cal just has more fire than anyone else who has been on the hoops court.

Dan Radakovich must not be in the loop. Dan should have made a run at Coach Cal.
Cal in Coral Gables would be a perfect fit.
Canes Hoops love older head coaches ready to retire. Cal just has more fire than anyone else who has been on the hoops court.

There is so much to unpack here that I wouldn't even know where to start but you continue to validate my stance that you may possibly the biggest moron to ever post on this site, and that's no small feat.

I'll start here - Calipari is 65 years old and Kentucky has been looking for ways to get rid of him because he's incredibly stubborn and set in his ways.

Advertisement
Back