Head Coach Candidates?

Advertisement
If Cristobal doesn't want to come home, my choice is Hafley and I think he's a considerably better option than the other usual group of names.

He is smart enough to hire the right staff and navigate South Florida. Recruiting won't be an issue.

He breathed new life into a totally lifeless BC program - he would light this place on fire. Unlike Manny, he can talk the talk and walk the walk. Roster building, hiring the right staff, X's and O's on game-days - he is the total package.
I like him!

**** of a first post
:sideeyes:

Not recent but I was actually curious and looked this up when reviewing the HCs we've hired and their qualifications before.

Butch Davis was DC for the Cowboys. Hadn't really ever coached in college. So he was a coordinator.

I was shocked to see that.
Guess you didn't look at Butch's entire profile!! He was the DL coach at the University of Miami from 1984 - 1988 .. when Jimmy Johnson was the head coach .. and Butch went with JJ to the Cowboys!!

Advertisement
Mario is the only high profile coach who would consider Miami, only because of his personal connection to the school and South Florida.

Miami is a small school and a **** program that hasn’t been relevant for 20 years. Miami has terrible alum support, a BOT comprised of limousine liberals who couldn’t care less about the football program, and the team commutes 45 minutes to home games.

(And no bag men network)

The ACC is a **** conference that has proven to be a coaching graveyard.

A lot of wives would have a problem moving their family to Dade County.

Outside of insane financial incentives, which we know Miami will not offer, very little draw.

In this context, which I like to call reality, Mario would be an excellent hire.
Spot on with this.

I had a little huddle last night at the game with a few Columbus alums connected to Mario & his staff in different ways. It has been allude to here many times by insiders like the artist formerly known as Cribby & others - Mario was ****ed about how things went down when Manny was hired & they all felt to a man, ship has sailed. The left the window open of him at least listening if money is right, structure of the program is right (Alonzo a good evaluator of talent - what he does, but needs someone to run the day to day of an Athletic Director. He only wants to focus on football). Working the wife & family angle & support structure in place along with the money (no hometown discount) and he will think about it. That’s where we are with Mario. The money will be substantial & we will find out how serious UM is about football one way or another whether it’s Mario or some other candidate that is worth a ****!

Again, I am not an insider but what I heard last night. I don’t know what is fact from fiction. I know others here know people better connect or are a part of that circle.

Last edited:
Satterfield out of Louisville wouldn't be horrible.

Would reinstill discipline among our players.
I really hope we don’t go in the Satterfield direction. Not because of him per se. But to me he is the classic mid level coach that may get a bigger gig and flop. Most do.

Numbers suggest Fickell, Campbell, Chadwell, Napier will get fired before they win, that is the nature of the business. And like you said they wouldn’t be horrible. But Richt wasn’t horrible when we got him, Manny wasn’t horrible.

I don’t know who I want, but settling for someone not horrible will have is back here in 3/4 years looking for the next up and comer that is not horrible. I don’t know anymore

I really hope we don’t go in the Satterfield direction. Not because of him per se. But to me he is the classic mid level coach that may get a bigger gig and flop. Most do.

Numbers suggest Fickell, Campbell, Chadwell, Napier will get fired before they win, that is the nature of the business. And like you said they wouldn’t be horrible. But Richt wasn’t horrible when we got him, Manny wasn’t horrible.

I don’t know who I want, but settling for someone not horrible will have is back here in 3/4 years looking for the next up and comer that is not horrible. I don’t know anymore
****, I'd settle for a guy that can fix the offensive line. We haven't had an elite offensive line in 15 years or more. A good offense starts with a good offensive line.

Advertisement
Seriously. Our you OK? Because the beloved Mario ISN'T COMING TO MIAMI!!!! So it begs the question. Why do the vast majority of Cane fans BELIEVE he'll return to Miami. Because believe it or not. ANY sane-minded, rational HC in this country WON'T go near this current FB program!!! Especially if said HC has a " good thing going " at his current program. Peace.
I don't see him coming here, it was that if Mario came here this is his final stop. I don't think we have the money to buy him and Manny out.

****, I'd settle for a guy that can fix the offensive line. We haven't had an elite offensive line in 15 years or more. A good offense starts with a good offensive line.
Oh I hear ya. It wouldn’t be horrible and maybe he would be awesome at Miami. I guess we just want to be relevant again. Whoever coaches, please just be better than the mess we have had

Stoops would be a great hire but his contract at Kentucky is a classic case of golden handcuffs

Advertisement
So no NFL Options ?

Attachments

• 1633109208797.gif
    1633109208797.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
at the end of the day Kids want to go to NFL as fun as these coaches try to make college and stuff! If kids know they have a NFL style coach that will prepare them for the next level they will come. Nobody is going to Alabama because they love the college they are going because they are trying to go to the NFL and for that i think we need NFL or NFL type coaches!

WAKE UP dude. This is NOT a possible 8-11 team. This season. Or the next foreseeable future!! And Richt was a GIFT sent from heaven. Think the 2017 season. In other words, that's the only DECENT nationally notable season Miami has had since " 2005!! " And dig this too. Miami SO-CALLED talent is HIGHLY OVERRATED! In other words, these various recruiting services INFLATE those stars!! At least it seems to me for Miami's incoming HS players. Heck, I witnessed, solid-on-down, legitimate former THREE-STAR HS players OUT PLAY Miami's talent rich players, time after time last night!! Heck, that nasty Samoan, or dude from some Pacific Island was SHREDDING Miami's VAUNTED TALENT LAIDEN front seven, on a consistent basis, last night!! Peace.
I think you've gone too far with your moping - might need to dial it back.

Of our last 4 HCs, not a single one was a HC again. That's the problem, not the talent on the roster.

Bill Clark
Mario Cristobal (If a donor steps up and makes the money work)
Chris Petersen(If he isn't truly retired and is ready to work)
Kellen Moore or Eric Bieniemy(The ONLY coordinators I'll tolerate have to be NFL guys)

Thats my short list. I'm also willing to interview Neal Brown at WVU, and if Matt Campbell at ISU shows any interest, you take that meeting.

Advertisement
Back