Head Coach Candidates?

Advertisement
Nobody worth their salt wants to deal with the bs that comes with this gig. That’s why when / if manny is hired you’ll head the same names on the “ wish list “.

Plus you have an administration that’s never cared about having a top shelf program. So we’ll likely keeping making bad hires. Until there’s a drastic change of attitude this is what we are. 8-11 win team , that'll recruit in the 10-15 range and need to out talent people to make up for coaching. Ive accepted this awhile ago. You should too.
WAKE UP dude. This is NOT a possible 8-11 team. This season. Or the next foreseeable future!! And Richt was a GIFT sent from heaven. Think the 2017 season. In other words, that's the only DECENT nationally notable season Miami has had since " 2005!! " And dig this too. Miami SO-CALLED talent is HIGHLY OVERRATED! In other words, these various recruiting services INFLATE those stars!! At least it seems to me for Miami's incoming HS players. Heck, I witnessed, solid-on-down, legitimate former THREE-STAR HS players OUT PLAY Miami's talent rich players, time after time last night!! Heck, that nasty Samoan, or dude from some Pacific Island was SHREDDING Miami's VAUNTED TALENT LAIDEN front seven, on a consistent basis, last night!! Peace.

The timing is hard to workout but if we miss Mario and Lane I’d like to dip into the NFL and pull a top coordinator.

Leftwich
Daboll
Pete Carmichael
Jack Del Rio
I’m skeptical of coordinators with legend QBs. I’d have to see Leftwich be successful outside of TB.

Hire anyone that can:
-Teach Discipline
-Coach Tackling
-Not aspire to create bull**** marketing stunts like jewelry wearing on the sidelines when you suck!
-Not allow photo ops on the sidelines when you suck!
-Develop players
-That has a backbone
-That will destroy a player on National TV for making the same mistake again and again

Advertisement
WAKE UP dude. This is NOT a possible 8-11 team. This season. Or the next foreseeable future!! And Richt was a GIFT sent from heaven. Think the 2017 season. In other words, that's the only DECENT nationally notable season Miami has had since " 2005!! " And dig this too. Miami SO-CALLED talent is HIGHLY OVERRATED! In other words, these various recruiting services INFLATE those stars!! At least it seems to me for Miami's incoming HS players. Heck, I witnessed, solid-on-down, legitimate former THREE-STAR HS players OUT PLAY Miami's talent rich players, time after time last night!! Heck, that nasty Samoan, or dude from some Pacific Island was SHREDDING Miami's VAUNTED TALENT LAIDEN front seven, on a consistent basis, last night!! Peace.
You’re thoroughly underrating coaching. We have more talent than everyone we play , there’s a reason Vegas had us the favorite in every game minus Bama in the preseason. We have horrible discipline , horrible scheming and a god awful culture. You think Wake Forest has more talent ? Exactly , they have great coaching.

Some of you simpletons need to finally realize how important coaching is.

Hire anyone that can:
-Teach Discipline
-Coach Tackling
-Not aspire to create bull**** marketing stunts like jewelry wearing on the sidelines when you suck!
-Not allow photo ops on the sidelines when you suck!
-Develop players
-That has a backbone
-That will destroy a player on National TV for making the same mistake again and again
I’ve been saying for two years Manny is the cool mom, they like him but nobody respects him.

Advertisement
I’ve been saying for two years Manny is the cool mom, they like him but nobody respects him.
Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

I know for a fact that Penn State tried everything to keep him and to get him back. Not sure he wants to be a college HC again.
Really. interesting. Seth Wickersham has a book coming out about Terrific and Hoodie. There are parts of the book that intimate that Billy and Robert's confidants had behind the scenes convo's about getting him back to Foxboro a few years ago. Like, keep terrific and move on from hoodie. No clue how much credence it has been it is being talked about on talk radio... People like Billy. He also would have it out with terrific on the sidelines from time to time. He is a Dot Rat (affectionate name for people who come from the Dorchester section of Boston) so he definitely has an edge to him.

I know for a fact that Penn State tried everything to keep him and to get him back. Not sure he wants to be a college HC again.
Side note, my son got me into fly fishing two years ago. Very pleased he pushed me in that direction. Fresh water, no idea what I am doing but I love it.

Advertisement
Guys this team and administration is becoming so toxic I wonder what coach would come here? I get its Miami but we are all on here complaining because for 20 years it has NOT BEEN MIAMI. At some point coaches are going to just say thanks but no thanks and get a pay raise at their current school.

It is going to take a forward thinking AD who can find a guy to clean up this mess. So we are screwed with Blake. Rinse and Repeat.

Is it to much to ask for fundamental football....

Advertisement
The timing is hard to workout but if we miss Mario and Lane I’d like to dip into the NFL and pull a top coordinator.

Leftwich
Daboll
Pete Carmichael
Jack Del Rio
I like Dan Quinn - Dallas DC, former Falcons HC & former college coach but not sure if he just wants to be in NFL

I do everything dirty, and absolutely love ****ies and ****y bars. Are you saying I would be a good fit too?

Better than Diaz? I'd say yes. One of my favorite baseball stats is "VORP" (value over replacement player). Basically it tells you how much a hitter or pitcher contributes to their team in comparison to a replacement-level player who is an average fielder at that position and a below average hitter.

I'd like to use a similar metric for Diaz, called Value over Random Person. If you grabbed some random person out of the stands and made them head coach, at the very worst, the random persons record right now is 1-4. That means that 5 games into the season, Manny Diaz, with his 3.1 million dollar salary, is worth 1 more win than some random dude from the stands working for free.

Not recent but I was actually curious and looked this up when reviewing the HCs we've hired and their qualifications before.

Butch Davis was DC for the Cowboys. Hadn't really ever coached in college. So he was a coordinator.

I was shocked to see that.
If we are going NFL route, my first call is to Dan Quinn

Advertisement
Back