Head Coach Candidates?

Advertisement
Advertisement
My suspicion is that the Bored would like to see the season play out so Mario’s buyout goes down. Of course. Oregon will go up in price.

Problem with all these coaching list is they will use Miami as a stop gap to parlay it into a bigger school or nfl job. Mario would come and this would be his final stop. My short list is him and Joe Brady. Both might be willing to stick it out longer then the others with their ties to the area.

ANYBODY but our current hapless HC!!! Instead of trying to go for the TKO, he ORDERS his offense to play it safe and conservative!! Enough said. Because it stands to chance, that Coach Lashlee has several SAFE PASS plays in his book. To put this game away. Especially in EXCELLENT field position.

Bottom line: I'm done with Manuel and most of HIS HAD PICKED assistants. ****, and Manuel's DEFENSE was torn apart once again! By an AVERAGE ACC offense at best!! For example, Miami COULDN'T play man-to-man, and sure 'nough they CAN'T play zone!! And I guarantee Carolina Sky Blue's QB is going to MOLEST that so-called MANUEL defense!!!! Peace.

Advertisement
If Cristobal doesn't want to come home, my choice is Hafley and I think he's a considerably better option than the other usual group of names.

He is smart enough to hire the right staff and navigate South Florida. Recruiting won't be an issue.

He breathed new life into a totally lifeless BC program - he would light this place on fire. Unlike Manny, he can talk the talk and walk the walk. Roster building, hiring the right staff, X's and O's on game-days - he is the total package.

Realistically

1. Mario

2. Freeze/Kiffin

3. Mark Stoops
4. Schiano

Other names I'd consider: Billy Napier, Jamey Chadwell, Dave Clawson, Mike Gundy (maaaaaybe, I don't know. He's a man at least)

Pretty much my list as well, spot on. I'm good on the P5 guys though. Clawson intrigues me though. Not sure he has any SoFla ties though? But WF consistently plays over their heads and is well prepared. He is down the list though but we could do much worse.

Problem with all these coaching list is they will use Miami as a stop gap to parlay it into a bigger school or nfl job. Mario would come and this would be his final stop. My short list is him and Joe Brady. Both might be willing to stick it out longer then the others with their ties to the area.
Seriously. Our you OK? Because the beloved Mario ISN'T COMING TO MIAMI!!!! So it begs the question. Why do the vast majority of Cane fans BELIEVE he'll return to Miami. Because believe it or not. ANY sane-minded, rational HC in this country WON'T go near this current FB program!!! Especially if said HC has a " good thing going " at his current program. Peace.

If we strike out on Mario (realistically) or kiffin/freeze. It would have to be a hire no one sees like a Pittman and hope it works out

Advertisement
Pretty much my list as well, spot on. I'm good on the P5 guys though. Clawson intrigues me though. Not sure he has any SoFla ties though? But WF consistently plays over their heads and is well prepared. He is down the list though but we could do much worse.
I don’t think Clawson has any SoFla ties but he constantly overachieved at Wake, which is a very limited program. Agree: we could do a lot worse.

The G5 guys give me a little pause, I’m intrigued by them for different reason but the bust-risk it’s always something to consider when you make the jump.

Typical Miami fan candidates. Mario has 1 signature win and doesn't impress me at all. Kiffin ain't leaving the SEC. and urban **** sure wouldn't come here. Who's next? Bill Belichick? Andy Reid? Give Hugh Freeze a call offer him 5 mill which is a Million more than Liberty is giving him and let's roll
Mario is the only high profile coach who would consider Miami, only because of his personal connection to the school and South Florida.

Miami is a small school and a **** program that hasn’t been relevant for 20 years. Miami has terrible alum support, a BOT comprised of limousine liberals who couldn’t care less about the football program, and the team commutes 45 minutes to home games.

(And no bag men network)

The ACC is a **** conference that has proven to be a coaching graveyard.

A lot of wives would have a problem moving their family to Dade County.

Outside of insane financial incentives, which we know Miami will not offer, very little draw.

In this context, which I like to call reality, Mario would be an excellent hire.

Advertisement
Mario is the only high profile coach who would consider Miami, only because of his personal connection to the school and South Florida.

Miami is a small school and a **** program that hadn’t been relevant for 20 years. Miami has terrible alum support, a BOT comprised of limousine liberals who couldn’t care less about the football program, and the team commutes 45 minutes to home games.

The ACC is a **** conference that has proven to be a coaching graveyard.

A lot of wives would have a problem moving their family to Dade County.

Outside of insane financial incentives, which we know Miami will not offer, very little draw.

In this context, which I like to call reality, Mario would be an excellent hire.
I beg to differ. The beloved Mario isn't coming near Coral Gables!!! Heck, haven't U heard the news lately. He has a " good thing going " out in green, lush beautiful small town Eugene, Oregon. And he has the CASH FLOW to back up anything he desires. Peace.

What is Chud doing these days? Todd Herman? I don't know can't be worse then Diaz right? Of course I thought that with Golden

Advertisement
Back