He said , she said

Big if but if this is true this is very bad. Could just be Epstein pumping again though.

I really wish manny would’ve hired Zo so we can put to bed this football Czar stuff. He won’t make that much of an impact, would he help? Yes but giving him full control of the football program is a bad idea.

Advertisement
One quick thing on leadership / lack there of and the come to Jesus the Pres had. Pre-Covid Frenk was gone — Summer of 2020. He didn’t “get sports.” He’s a healthcare guy and a policy guy. That’s fine it’s an academic institution after all. He successfully led the U through the pandemic and as widely advertised U HEALTH is back from the dead in a major way (huge for UM FB). After the Virginia game, after Herbie on ESPN, and after prominent boosters said no mas, the lightbulb went off. As @Cribby has so patiently pointed out, Manny and Blake sunk together, their inability to show the fortitude and flexibility necessary for leaders to show (ie embracing zo in ‘19) costed Blake and will cost Manny his job in the coming days. Whoever the new AD is should not shun someone like Zo or Gino to help him with Football. Weak minded leaders feel threatened by having people around them who shine in their roles. Great leaders embrace the stars who make the TEAM / ORGANIZATION better. That seems to be the phenotype or profile of AD the three men in charge want.

In terms of specific’s, here’s what I’ll say, been lucky to speak to some people who know way more than me.

1) Manny is gone - confirmed very high BOT member
2) Mario looks inevitable post P-12
3) Not a clue in the world on AD but seems p5
4) This weekend and early next week will mark a turning point for this program.

If I am wrong about point 1, I’ll remove myself from posting

Usually when a candidate “pulls his name from consideration” that means the ppl hiring moved in a different direction. And to save face or rep..the candidate or his agent goes ahead and puts this out. We see it in Coaching all the time
Yes but multiple media outlets had it the opposite way last night. Then people started running with it. I’d even heard the other side of the story and that’s when I started asking around. Where the correct info could get out.

Never did I acclaim to have an affection for Herbie. He can pick and choose what he wants to speak about, however.

So you are not disputing that Vilma wrote all of Herbstreit's talking points and convinced him to speak.

Because Herbstreit could have said no.

OK, such a compelling argument...Herbstreit should get all the credit "for saying yes".

So you are not disputing that Vilma wrote all of Herbstreit's talking points and convinced him to speak.

Because Herbstreit could have said no.

OK, such a compelling argument...Herbstreit should get all the credit "for saying yes".

Never said he should get all the credit, appreciate Vilma for giving him info. How does Herbie exactly benefit from speaking about it?

Advertisement
Good to hear. I also recall he was a staunch supporter of Manny's hiring?

Drop staunch.

And let's not forget, everyone on the BOT was "officially" and "publicly" a "supporter" of Manny's hiring. You never saw Carol Soffer leaking negative and contradictory stories to the press 3 years ago.

Lmao. My bad!!! I think most people just think he’s some crazy, obsessive fan. He’s obsessive because…………autism. Most people with autism obsess over things of interest to them. At least he picked something cool to obsess over.
Oh yeah. My fiancé’s niece is autistic. When the Queen movie came out a few years ago I thought she was going to go dig Freddie Mercury up from the grave.

I am still waiting on tomorrow. This is the 4th tomorrow since I read on cis Sun new AD would be announced

4BED8037-4177-44A5-A5DA-6C674F3D1AE2.jpeg

Advertisement
Never said he should get all the credit, appreciate Vilma for giving him info. How does Herbie exactly benefit from speaking about it?

Uhhhh...he doesn't have 3 minutes of dead air?

Do you honestly believe that everything that comes out of Herbstreit's mouth when he is on TV was researched and written by him? The man needs content, the "benefit" is called "keeping your job" and "cashing your paychecks".

Drop staunch.

And let's not forget, everyone on the BOT was "officially" and "publicly" a "supporter" of Manny's hiring. You never saw Carol Soffer leaking negative and contradictory stories to the press 3 years ago.

Let me rephrase - he was on board with the quick search and supported manny the whole way.

I dunno - Vilma is a smart dude and I'm hoping that he is a guiding light in this mess of a board.

Oh yeah. My fiancé’s niece is autistic. When the Queen movie came out a few years ago I thought she was going to go dig Freddie Mercury up from the grave.
Heard that was a good flick. Not a Queen fan however Freddie was a talented guy.

Advertisement
Yes but multiple media outlets had it the opposite way last night. Then people started running with it. I’d even heard the other side of the story and that’s when I started asking around. Where the correct info could get out.
Gee, I wonder why they ran with it.

After all this is done, I hope Epstein is put in his place. It's over pal, give it up. Go internally sabotage someone else's program for the sake of your power-hungry ego.

Uhhhh...he doesn't have 3 minutes of dead air?

Do you honestly believe that everything that comes out of Herbstreit's mouth when he is on TV was researched and written by him? The man needs content, the "benefit" is called "keeping your job" and "cashing your paychecks".

Lmao why do you keep assuming ****. You have now assumed 3 times. No I don’t think he comes up with the content of all of his ****. Of course not, you’re acting like he has to say yes to everything that comes his ******* way. Just as easily as he could’ve said yes, he could’ve said no thanks; I’ll pass. Then another piece of material would’ve came his way. That’s all.

Advertisement
Yeah, sure. GameDay anchors are in the habit of declining well-written and informative segments because...why again?

So I guess you are also in favor of UM erecting a Herbstreit statue right next to the big U on campus, huh?
I’m fine making herbie our Harvey Dent. Whatever it takes

the dark knight batman GIF

All that tells me is nobody really know anything of substance when it comes to this process rn

Let me rephrase - he was on board with the quick search and supported manny the whole way.

I dunno - Vilma is a smart dude and I'm hoping that he is a guiding light in this mess of a board.
Is it possible that he took a back seat then to an aggressive BOT member who got what he wanted and NOW he decided to get more involved with the support of a few like-minded powerful donors and BOT members? Him supporting Manny after the hire could be just a way to give him the benefit of the doubt and just being a supporter of the football program in general.

I like Vilma and I hope that is the case.

Advertisement
Back