He said , she said

This being the 16th day after Blake James was beheaded I'm wondering what the hold up is. No search process for AD should take 2 weeks but unfortunately we've given ourselves no other option. I'm assuming it's just come down to the fact that we haven't identified our top prospect yet? Because considering the time crunch we're in, I'd imagine we'd throw everything including kitchen sink for the person.

Question is -- if we've yet to make the AD hire by Sunday, are we still offering Mario the job? Because the clock is ticking in that department as well.
In a vacuum, I do not see an issue with a longer search and interview process for an AD. In fact, having the time and ability to be thorough would be great. However, they had to fire Blake and start during the spring, summer, or even early fall if that was what they wanted. The issue was them sitting on their hands when it was abundantly clear for years that Blake was out of his depth and needed to go. They knew when the season ended, and after the first month of the season knew a decision on Manny was needed on or around that date. They lost the luxury of looking competent and doing a longer search by waiting to fire Blake. They really needed a clear 1-2 candidates and a fast resolution given everything leading up to it.

Advertisement
He could’ve easily said no as well.

Yeah, sure. GameDay anchors are in the habit of declining well-written and informative segments because...why again?

So I guess you are also in favor of UM erecting a Herbstreit statue right next to the big U on campus, huh?

Again, I will re-post what I posted in "Nunez out thread":
"Just to put things in perspective and provide food for thought for those who are disappointed with the "news" that an AD candidate was "frustrated" and told the school he was out: If Nunez wasn't form the city of Miami and had no connection to University of Miami, what will the fans' reaction be if they hear a relatively young AD from athletically underwhelming program will be interviewing for the AD job? Lets face it, he got interest from fans because he is Nunez from Miami with some connection to the media here. Not because of the program he came from or his achievements in the business."
Precisely. He is not qualified for THIS job at THIS TIME. Miami needs an effing killer at athletic director who has the clout to go out and hire a killer of a head coach. Nunez is a Cuban Blake James. No more shortcuts. Proven Alpha males only. Look at Bohn at SC and Woodward at LSU. These guys are titans and the best in the business, so they get the best coaches. A 3-9 AD from new Mexico just isn't good enough. He is not qualified. 25 years as an assistant at LSU or not.

Him saying no and his reasons why as reported fit in with exactly what has been going on at UM for the last 21 years. From dorking the Davis replacement with Coker to our current problems in all things athletics. Nothing has changed.

Yeah, sure. GameDay anchors are in the habit of declining well-written and informative segments because...why again?

So I guess you are also in favor of UM erecting a Herbstreit statue right next to the big U on campus, huh?

There’s a faction here that absolutely loves Kirby. There’s a man crush thing going on. Let them have it.

I find it amusing and cringe worthy at the same time.

I mean he seems like a nice enough guy, but he’s just an entertainment personality, I’ve never actually heard anything super knowledgeable from him about football, to be honest. But he seems like a nice guy, wouldn’t mind having him as a neighbor.

But he doesn’t blow my doors off with his football knowledge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, but you have to give credit to Frenk for leaning on two guys who appear to know what they are going. That is refreshing. Maybe that permeates to the other departments. Perhaps he is growing into the job? Nothing more motivating than a guy looking for a new contract.

Oh, and for the record, you know I respect you immensely even if we don't agree on every single issue, but the REASON that we need to keep the heat on Frenk is the same reason we needed to maintain our focus on Beta Blake. Remember the YEARS worth of my anti-Blake posts, and how many CIS porsters were telling me to cool it once we built the IPF? Beta Blake was the same guy he ever was, regardless of IPF.

I respect that Frenk said "let's play football" during Covid. I respect that Frenk delegated to Echevarria and Fernandez five minutes after Herbstreit blew him up on national television.

But I am not quite ready for the "Frenk's heart grew three sizes that day" story, just as I do not believe "Lane Kiffin has finally grown up". It's all bullsh!te.

Let's get Echevarria a PhD as quickly as we can, and then we can hand HIM a 5-year contract to be UM President.

Last edited:
This man knows who Cribby is, he tweets today have literally been after Cribby 😅

So cribby is mike Ryan? 😂… but mike does have legitimate sources, he’s a golden cane and is well regarded in the overall sports industry. He’s absolutely more reputable than the people who actually cover the team

Advertisement
Advertisement
We will deal with Frenk later, right now he needs support in what he is doing.

Focus needs to be on the next few days/weeks, plugging leaks, and understanding that there is a plan behind the scenes, one that actually makes sense. No matter what the alleged opponents try to do.

We can find out later who approached him first, Barzini or Tattaglia, and take the appropriate action then.

Fantastic reference, much respect.

I'm fine with maintaining focus. I was just rebutting the dudes who are jumping the gun because they want to give a two-fisted yank-off to Frenk and Herbstreit.

It's never the wrong time to be truthful. I also made a circumcision joke. But, yes, Priority 1 is hiring an AD.

Just wanted to announce that I’m withdrawing my name from Shakira’s dating search. Her hectic travel schedule just doesn’t jibe with my lazy, sit at home lifestyle. It's got nothing to do with the fact that she’s way too hot for me.
Jokes on you…. I already SMASHED her

Advertisement
Back