He said , she said

Advertisement
@Cribby flexin

1638458010980.jpeg

So you’re saying Cribby is wrong because you withdrew from a job?
I’m saying I believe Nunez. Not knocking Cribby, but I 100% believe Nunez. I 100% believe him.

I’m just a guy on a computer, and even I can see how chaotic this process is. No leadership at all from where I sit. I would never, ever leave my current job if I were an up and comer for the kind of mess we’re seeing. That’s a career “no no”; you only jump to an organization like that if you’re desperate.

Plus, we have a full 20 years of history that supports Nunez’ claim (e.g., no vision, no leadership, chaos, infighting at Miami). Why is everyone ignoring those data points?

Nah, I believe Nunez.

I’m saying I believe Nunez. Not knocking Cribby, but I 100% believe Nunez. I 100% believe him.

I’m just a guy on a computer, and even I can see how chaotic this process is. No leadership at all from where I sit. I would never, ever leave my current job if I were an up and comer for the kind of mess we’re seeing. That’s a career “no no”; you only jump to an organization like that if you’re desperate.

Plus, we have a full 20 years of history that supports Nunez’ claim (e.g., no vision, no leadership, chaos, infighting at Miami). Why is everyone ignoring those data points?

Nah, I believe Nunez.
His own people agreed with me in this thread and another thread. He was a backup plan, they were after a bigger fish and he didn’t want to wait to be second or third option. That’s something both sides have agreed on. Did he technically pull out ? Yes…. He was never the choice.

Advertisement

Nah, I believe Nunez.

- I believe a guy I've never met and have never spoken to
- I believe him even though he never actually said anything
- I sit in front of a computer in some corner of the earth, so I can't see anything going on with any process
- But I can see how chaotic the process is....that I cannot see

I ******* hate it here so god**** much. As always, we deserve NOTHING nice. Just insufferable mouth-breathers at every single turn.

Nah, I believe Nunez.
If we believe everything that has been reported then yea, you are right. I think most people may be looking over previous ineptitude based on the claims of a dramatic overhaul. There’s a ton of he said she said going on and I always tend believe the truth falls in the middle of what’s being said. I’m sure Nunes got tired of the process and didn’t like the way UM was handling it. But I also believe UM probably has people higher on the list. Until a hire is made we won’t know the actual truth.

Again, I will re-post what I posted in "Nunez out thread":
"Just to put things in perspective and provide food for thought for those who are disappointed with the "news" that an AD candidate was "frustrated" and told the school he was out: If Nunez wasn't from the city of Miami and had no connection to University of Miami, what will the fans' reaction be if they hear a relatively young AD from athletically underwhelming program will be interviewing for the AD job? Lets face it, he got interest from fans because he is Nunez from Miami with some connection to the media here. Not because of the program he came from or his achievements in the business."

Last edited:

Nah, I believe Nunez.

But you are also missing other data points. The others being mentioned as a potential AD, Jurich, Zo, Gino, etc. are not other acting AD's already, Nunez is. Then Manny says he is the front runner or leading candidate and it kind of comes out of left field, if that got back to his people in New Mexico and they then go well WTF dude?

Like you said, you have pulled your name out of the ring before, did your current employer know you were 2-3 interviews deep? If they found out and you went to the prospective employer and they were honest and said you are in the top 3 but probably plan B would you sit around at the risk of losing your current stable job?

Also you are assuming what is being thrown around in the media is what is happening behind closed doors. The ones involved in the process know what is up, everyone else is just guessing. You (like me) are a fan checking message board gossip 5+ times a day. Do you think Nunez was doing that? If it was not for CIS would you know who Jurich is or that he was a potential candidate? I have a close friend who went to USC, he was texting me every other week about a new "name" for their HC for 2-3 months and not a single name was Riley. Does that show USC was a **** show as well with no leadership or vision?

What Nunez would have had to deal with REGARDLESS is media in a big name city. Just like when some players go to NYC and realize every.single.thing you do is put under a microscope and dissected. It aint for everyone. Aside for the people inside the New Mexico walls, no ones likely gives a **** what he does. My guess is the truth is somewhere in between. UM wanted to continue to interview and vet him, he was a candidate, not number 1 but a candidate, his name gets leaked, Nunez gets pressure from home and has to think ok even if I do end up getting it, do I want all the pressure that comes with it.

Advertisement
- I sit in front of a computer in some corner of the earth, so I can't see anything going on with any process

I ******* hate it here so god**** much. As always, we deserve NOTHING nice. Just insufferable mouth-breathers at every single turn.
Credible insiders like @Cribby, et al can be as clear and concise as possible with their facts and you still have porsters like @The Svengali who put their fingers in their ears and stomp around like a kid having a tantrum at Toys R Us because it doesn't support their own agendas.

F6zuuK.gif

Advertisement

I mean I do get it too… I mean I was going to go be the lead designer for Tesla instead of making memes but the process of working with Elon Musk and too many interviews made me decide to stay…

My point wasn't to suggest withdrawing for valid reasons never happens, but if you can't find the sketchiness in the report coming out that he had a 2nd interview and him withdrawing (it was the same day) with the implication he suddenly discovered the BoT was chaotic, that suggests, to me, his withdrawal wasn't by his choice, but rather him saving face. Again, that's my read on it. Certainly could be wrong.
Your take is correct. But half this board is rooting for doom and incompetence so they can have something to rail against on the day to day.

Advertisement
Yeah, but you have to give credit to Frenk for leaning on two guys who appear to know what they are going. That is refreshing. Maybe that permeates to the other departments. Perhaps he is growing into the job? Nothing more motivating than a guy looking for a new contract.

I respect the fact he delegated, but it would have been better if it happened (a) six years ago and/or (b) not right after a nationally-televised ESPN host slammed him for not caring.

And his crappy open-letter-to-UM-fans was horribly written too.

This being the 16th day after Blake James was beheaded I'm wondering what the hold up is. No search process for AD should take 2 weeks but unfortunately we've given ourselves no other option. I'm assuming it's just come down to the fact that we haven't identified our top prospect yet? Because considering the time crunch we're in, I'd imagine we'd throw everything including kitchen sink for the person.

Question is -- if we've yet to make the AD hire by Sunday, are we still offering Mario the job? Because the clock is ticking in that department as well.

Tell you what, If he is indeed the one feeding all that info I am glad Nunez is out. That is not how a top notch AD would carry himself, its more like how a teenage girl would. Or a CIS member.

Advertisement
Back