He said , she said

I withdrew for a huge job after agreeing to a 4th interview. And I’ve withdrawn from a few other jobs after getting a 2nd.

Happens more than you think. Based in his rationale for withdrawing, I believe Nunez, especially since we’ve seen this at UM for 20 years. It would be foolish to take a job or even to keep interviewing for a job at an oganization with a rotten company culture and poor leadership.
My point wasn't to suggest withdrawing for valid reasons never happens, but if you can't find the sketchiness in the report coming out that he had a 2nd interview and him withdrawing (it was the same day) with the implication he suddenly discovered the BoT was chaotic, that suggests, to me, his withdrawal wasn't by his choice, but rather him saving face. Again, that's my read on it. Certainly could be wrong.

Advertisement
I just have to laugh at the people who insist on giving Frenk credit for stuff that Echevarria and Hernandez are doing, and giving Herbstreit all the credit for saying things that Vilma told him to say.

I will play along... why didn't Vilma say it.. He is on the BOT

Yeah, but you have to give credit to Frenk for leaning on two guys who appear to know what they are going. That is refreshing. Maybe that permeates to the other departments. Perhaps he is growing into the job? Nothing more motivating than a guy looking for a new contract.

The CEO gets credit for, and is responsible for recruiting and keeping strong execs and managers under him/her. For better or worse. As it should be. As it is. It's their team. They answer to Frenk, execute his wishes, and these two guys were assigned to this task by him, specifically. I can't fathom anyone who pretends to be even mildly successful in life not understating that.

I withdrew for a huge job after agreeing to a 4th interview. And I’ve withdrawn from a few other jobs after getting a 2nd.

Happens more than you think. Based in his rationale for withdrawing, I believe Nunez, especially since we’ve seen this at UM for 20 years. It would be foolish to take a job or even to keep interviewing for a job at an oganization with a rotten company culture and poor leadership.

So you’re saying Cribby is wrong because you withdrew from a job?

My point wasn't to suggest withdrawing for valid reasons never happens, but if you can't find the sketchiness in the report coming out that he had a 2nd interview and him withdrawing (it was the same day) with the implication he suddenly discovered the BoT was chaotic, that suggests, to me, his withdrawal wasn't by his choice, but rather him saving face. Again, that's my read on it. Certainly could be wrong.

They must have put him on SJW nutcracker stretcher... and stretched him out a wee bit.

Advertisement
4eb0c1bbd2659749b9c4800b2b4a22c4_400x400.jpeg
Now I gotta go take a Blake.

I will play along... why didn't Vilma say it.. He is on the BOT
For the same reason that you can tell your employer of a problem that needs correcting, but they won't take action until an expensive outside consultant says the same thing. They figure he's too close to the problem and there might be some personal animus there. By telling Herbstreit about the problem and him going off, it got the attention of the CFB community because here's a disinterested outsider who can see the problem.

Advertisement
Yeah, but you have to give credit to Frenk for leaning on two guys who appear to know what they are going. That is refreshing. Maybe that permeates to the other departments. Perhaps he is growing into the job? Nothing more motivating than a guy looking for a new contract.

I think he sees the potential windfall of a successful athletic program (i.e. football) and what that does to the rest of the school in terms of positive publicity, increased enrollment, and of course, funding. Rising tide lifts all boats and football has potential big revenue associated with it I think he sees that. He maybe wants to get this right. Very important decision, and as you imply, his job may be riding on it.

Advertisement
I just have to laugh at the people who insist on giving Frenk credit for stuff that Echevarria and Hernandez are doing, and giving Herbstreit all the credit for saying things that Vilma told him to say.
Dude I planned on doing a thread after things calmed down some on how vital Vilma has been. He’s been a blessing.

As you said he was the brains behind the public evisceration by Herbie. JV is one of the people who had a plan and shown leadership, while very few knew it.

Advertisement
Classic boss.

But eh, yesterday someone told me what bosses are really like.

Advertisement
Back