He Invented Swagger At UM...

Orange Bowl was more than electric… it was a tsunami of raw intimidating emotion… that place scared opposing teams for about 10 years…
Scared opposing teams and some of our own fan base as well. You entered the OB at your own risk.

I remember being in that joint and it felt like the fan base was trying to bring the place down. That place would literally rock! I've seen a lot of scared faces in the OB over the years. Especially at night...lol
Was anyone at the Washington payback game? The game was so much fun it was borderline dangerous in there.

Advertisement
There are so so many Canes who can lay rightful claim to have "invented" swagger at Miami.

To me, swagger means having full knowledge of your ability to fully dominate your opponent...then consistently doing it on the field....making them aware that they are being owned is secondary when it's obvious...like Randall Hill continuing to run into the entrance and coming out guns blazing...or Ted Hendricks being an unstoppable one man wrecking crew on a so so team

Anyone can talk trash in a game..ANYONE who's ever played ANY game know that

Advertisement
Didn’t Moss wear #93?
I think he wore 92 as a frosh but he is known for wearing 99. Unless I am completely off my rocker, he is known for 99. He was a large human and when you say University of Miami D lineman…. His photo shows up in the dictionary. That young man looked the part.

My favorite all-time Cane, absolute beast. Remember hearing Jim Donnan on ATL radio talking about his time as OC at Oklahoma, he said that they could never figure out a way to block Jerome

Advertisement
R I Heaven JB…Brooksville Fl Legend ..UM Legend…NFL Legend Cut short but still Legendary at the the NFL level to me…I grew up in Brooksville and would see him hanging out in the off-season…I was a teenager…Very Sad day when him and his nephew past away coming from the Chevy dealership in his Corvette…He definitely created the SWAG and Standard at U…Accountability…I know he is looking down on the program smiling at the hiring of Coach Mario a Real One and will the players and staff Accountabie…Go Canes

That was the 86 game when Jerome and Highsmith talked sh*t at coin toss....I was at the game...

Sports Illustrated wrote about the 85 game in Norman that Jerome Brown and a few other guys basically told the coaches not even to come out for warm-ups. That they would do it themselves, and that our guys proceeded to taunt the **** out of the Sooners, the fans, anybody at Owen Field. Brian Bozworth in his book (yeah, I have it and it's actually very entertaining) said that it caught them completely off guard how these band of renegades just took over the stadium, and disrespected anyone in red

They were the one team that could mentally disrupt and intimidate a team like OU

To me, that's when Miami became the road warriors of college football

Met Jerome once when he was at Miami. He came to play softball on a team I played on in Chapman field in South Dade. Actually borrowed my bat and knocked one out of the park.

Didn't really know much about him back then, might have been a freshman at the time. I recall he was a very humble guy. Little did I know he'd be one of the greats. RIP

I think he wore 92 as a frosh but he is known for wearing 99. Unless I am completely off my rocker, he is known for 99. He was a large human and when you say University of Miami D lineman…. His photo shows up in the dictionary. That young man looked the part.
This roster has Moss #92 and Jeff Howard #99 in ‘86 when that Oklahoma game took place.

Advertisement
This roster has Moss #92 and Jeff Howard #99 in ‘86 when that Oklahoma game took place.

I am by no means an authority on this one. I always thought Moss was 99 and the video of the coin flip I was pretty sure that was Moss in the middle and he wore 99. I stand corrected my man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back