HC Swap with Auburn at the end of the year

CaneFan79

Senior
Makes too much sense; both programs will want a change and this allevietes embarassing HC snubs to both programs.

Richt gets back in the SEC where he really wants to be, with a shot at Smart every year. Any other HC will avoid Auburn due to a muderous schedule, but Richt gets motivated to be back in the Bible Belt and he is losing in the ACC, so what is the difference?

Malzahn gets the heck out of the SEC West and is used to being "The other team." His offensive mind is a much better fit for Miami them Richt's Woody Hayes one and he gets to get away from 'Bama...But gets to keep recruiting the Southeast

Sure, Gus makes more $$$$ and key assistants may start a bidding war, but each school avoids a ton of embarrasment and Miami may come out ahead...Has to be better than what we have now...

Advertisement
If Richt isn’t at Miami then I think he retires or doesn’t coach for a few years.

Gus could be pushed out.

Ain't nobody hiring Richt once he finishes burying this program.

None of the prior 3 ****** coaches that preceded him were able to get power 5 head coaching gigs after they failed at Miami either. It's more than a ******* trend. It's what our administration does, they hire and extend garbage nobody else wants.

Auburn wouldn't hire Richt if their life depended on it. They're a SEC team with big time boosters & can afford to get just about whoever they want. Their whole goal is to compete with Bama on an annual basis, they've seen firsthand what Richt can do in the SEC, they wouldn't be interested one bit.

And Coach Boomhauer Malzahn just got an extension in December 2017, upping his pay from $4mill to $6.7 + $1.4mill in bonuses making him one the highest paid coaches in college football. He also has a $32million dollar buyout.

If he got fired from AU, he's going to either go join Chad Morris at Arkansas, or just take a job at a Texas school & wait until the Arkansas job opens back up again. Or even worse, go be an analyst for Saban for a year like Sark, Hugh Freeze & Butch Jones lol.

So......its kinna like "wife swap" where really we tradin our baggage, dat we don't want, for their baggage, dat they don't want!!
......like the ole cliche "one man's trash, is another mans treasure!"...except in this case,.. One man's trash, is gonna be another mans trash.
Now understand, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, never been in danger of being the smartest kid in class, but this doesn't sound like it's a "good deal" to me!

Advertisement
Auburn's offense is trash also. Look at their offense the past few years and tell me he is a great offensive mind. Defenses have figured him out just like they have Richt. I don't think I could handle the Gus Bus at Miami. He is nowhere near a fit for the culture in Miami.

Auburn wouldn't hire Richt if their life depended on it. They're a SEC team with big time boosters & can afford to get just about whoever they want. Their whole goal is to compete with Bama on an annual basis, they've seen firsthand what Richt can do in the SEC, they wouldn't be interested one bit.

And Coach Boomhauer Malzahn just got an extension in December 2017, upping his pay from $4mill to $6.7 + $1.4mill in bonuses making him one the highest paid coaches in college football. He also has a $32million dollar buyout.

If he got fired from AU, he's going to either go join Chad Morris at Arkansas, or just take a job at a Texas school & wait until the Arkansas job opens back up again. Or even worse, go be an analyst for Saban for a year like Sark, Hugh Freeze & Butch Jones lol.

LOL @ Boomhauer

Hey, at least with Malzan, the "where's the motion" crowd would get a chance to relax.

Advertisement
Why the **** would we want Gus Malzahn?
tenor.gif

Makes too much sense; both programs will want a change and this allevietes embarassing HC snubs to both programs.

Richt gets back in the SEC where he really wants to be, with a shot at Smart every year. Any other HC will avoid Auburn due to a muderous schedule, but Richt gets motivated to be back in the Bible Belt and he is losing in the ACC, so what is the difference?

Malzahn gets the heck out of the SEC West and is used to being "The other team." His offensive mind is a much better fit for Miami them Richt's Woody Hayes one and he gets to get away from 'Bama...But gets to keep recruiting the Southeast

Sure, Gus makes more $$$$ and key assistants may start a bidding war, but each school avoids a ton of embarrasment and Miami may come out ahead...Has to be better than what we have now...
Why on earth would Richt want to return to the SEC ? Middle of the road ACC teams are taking his lunch money - would hate to see what the SEC
would do to him. One more question - Why would Auburn want him ?

I'm sorry CF 79, I'm sure you're a great guy, but this has to be one of the dumbest posts I've seen on this site in a long time. There is exactly zero chance that either university even considers an idea like this.

Advertisement

i think saban is a Jedi holy ****........he makes coaches surrender n work for him **** is crazy

Advertisement
Got 1 minute away from an NC in 2014, beat both teams that played in the NC game in 2017, and has beaten the #1 ranked team in the country 3 times. Was also OC for the 2010 NC team.

I'd take him over Richt.
I'd take Scooby Doo over Richt.....LoL at Malzahn with his Bat ****-Crazy Wife...

As OC, not as a HC.

Why on earth would Richt want to return to the SEC ? Middle of the road ACC teams are taking his lunch money - would hate to see what the SEC
would do to him. One more question - Why would Auburn want him ?

Would hate to see what the SEC would do? lose to him 8-10 times a year. Lmfao. This is further proof that the SEC ain't all that it's built up to be. The best coach in the weakest division, is struggling to compete in another "weak" division. He's getting out coached by these "middle of the road ACC teams" just like he did at UGA. Tell me again, what would make the SEC different?

Advertisement
Back