HBD in Heaven, Sean Taylor

Advertisement
I am not advocating to put handcuffs on TVD but to say our running game is not a strength in March is a bit premature in my eyes.
By September/October it could be.

I just want to see balance and variations of runs. And if our TEs blocking improve that can also help the OL with a lot 12 personnel we are expected to run.
TVD is our strength bro 😂😂😂run game can be good but u win games with your qb now. I don’t think the oline will make that much of a jump in what 4 months? To make the run game a strength. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to run or I don’t think we’ll have a good run game but we should be a pass first team

Advertisement
Sounds like everyone there is saying the same things. That's good to hear.... Key SMith just burned Ivey on that bomb from TVD

Always makes me nervous to hear WRs killing the coverage early on. It could just be that our O is that impressive. It's hard not to feel super excited given some of the talent at the skill positions there. ...

On the other hand, it could also mean our secondary is mediocre, and perhaps why Steele is spending so much time with the DBs. I'm not being either positive or negative here. We just won't know for certain until at least the spring game when we can evaluate ourselves.

For now, I'm going to choose to be optimistic like you, Hoya, lol. I do believe in our receivers and TVD. There's some real talent there.

Sounds like everyone there is saying the same things. That's good to hear.... Key SMith just burned Ivey on that bomb from TVD
Our lack of depth on Defense is alarming. The portal better help us because our Defense going to get lit up if it doesn’t.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
TVD is our strength bro 😂😂😂run game can be good but u win games with your qb now. I don’t think the oline will make that much of a jump in what 4 months? To make the run game a strength. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to run or I don’t think we’ll have a good run game but we should be a pass first team
TVD is a good leader and so far has put up some great numbers but he cannot go out there and pass on every down. There is too much tape on him already and there will be more tape on him this year as the games go by. DCs will catch up.

We have a stable of young RBs and they need to carry the rock.

Advertisement
TVD is a good leader and so far has put up some great numbers but he cannot go out there and pass on every down. There is too much tape on him already and there will be more tape on him this year as the games go by. DCs will catch up.

I don’t think he’s saying that at all, actually I don’t think anyone has.

He’s talking about the identity of team & playing to our strengths, NO ONE wants us to throw the ball on every down, literally not one single person has suggested that.

I don’t think he’s saying that at all, actually I don’t think anyone has.

He’s talking about the identity of team & playing to our strengths, NO ONE wants us to throw the ball on every down, literally not one single person has suggested that.
It was hyperbole to say every down.

Our strengths and identity are slowly being defined on the practice field in spring and come summer/fall.
Then it will continue to be developed once games start.

People talk about our strengths as if it is only the passing game when we have great talent at RB too. Balance will be key to our team's success.

I literally said we need an effective run game bro are u not reading?

Advertisement
I literally said we need an effective run game bro are u not reading?
Yes, you did say that.
The thing I disagree with is the running the ball to keep the defense honest part of your previous post. We are going to have to be physical and run when we want to run.

Yes, you did say that.
The thing I disagree with is the running the ball to keep the defense honest part of your previous post. We are going to have to be physical and run when we want to run.
Of course i say keep them honest because teams are gonna play more 2high shells and off coverage based off last year with tvd wanting to go deep alot. Run game will have to be effective and be the reason we close games out but…if u want to win at a high level u have to have an explosive offense in the pass game. Unless you can build a defense like Georgia did (way more unlikely)but even then bama’s QB kept the game closer than it should’ve been

Last edited:
Of course i say keep them honest because teams are gonna play more 2high shells and off coverage based off last year with tvd wanting to go deep alot. Run game will have be effective and be the reason we close games out but…if u want to win at a high level u have to have an explosive offense in the pass game. Unless you can build a defense like Georgia did (way more unlikely)but even then bama’s QB kept the game closer than it should’ve been
I can see your point of view and understand that is the way most teams win/stay competative.
The thing I am emphasizing is that we have great potential at RB and Gattis will want them to get a lot of carries.
But we both can be right meaning we have good coaches that will attack weaknesses and adjust well.
As Cristobal said, if it takes passing the ball a lot to win then we will.
I just think by the end of the year people may be surprised by how important our running game will be.

Some of the throws TVD can make it won't matter how much tape exists for a DC to dissect, you can't outscheme perfect ball placement.

Advertisement
Back