Hayward McQueen, LB, Stranahan (Hialeah Transfer)

Advertisement
This kid was an absolute BEAST at Hialeah, great motor & is Hunter of the ball carrier. Has very good explosion off the snap & is a heat seeking missle getting into the backfield.

He's looks to be a little on the thin side, but has very good frame that once you add weight can be a 190-200+ LB that you just unleash to go get the QB. Idk what his speed numbers are but he looks like a natural quick twitch athlete.

Kinda reminds me of a skinnier Jermaine Grace, but not as stoutly built or with the same pure speed.

That T-Bred squad was loaded with talent, but just about every one of them transferred.

He doesn't have a profile? How tall is he really? His frame looks bigger than some of the undersized backers Miami has had recently. Long arms, smooth movement, I like his upside a lot. He just needs to get stronger and more explosive on contact cause he has no issue getting to the ball and his technique is good.

He doesn't have a profile? How tall is he really? His frame looks bigger than some of the undersized backers Miami has had recently. Long arms, smooth movement, I like his upside a lot. He just needs to get stronger and more explosive on contact cause he has no issue getting to the ball and his technique is good.

He looks to have a safety build, but we’ve seen bodies transform in college. Really curious to see his Opening numbers.

Advertisement
Sorry I have to:
1581612976845.jpeg

**** @DMoney good eye. I was at the game he played against USCHOOL.

Actually sat behind his parents. And was on the verge of getting him to come to my almamater. Because kid was showing out in that game and i kept asking who the **** is that...until his parents were like "thats our son"...and your DC had him previously but didnt realize he was that good lol.

He was one of the most impressive kids on the field...ona field with multiple div 1 kids. First play on his highlight showed it against u school.

Its obvious the Hialeah coaches can recruit...this kid is from Fort Lauderdale. **** near alll of their good players ARENT from Hialeah.

I couldnt remember his name but he was a kid i wanted at my alma mater. lol I was crooting that night.

He's like 6'1 185-190

Advertisement
Why Stranahan? Odd place to transfer to unless he has a unique predicament.

They got him and Omar Simpson from Western.

Stranahan likely because he is a fort lauderdale kid... He was at Boyd Anderson previously. Stranahan is the better academic school of the public schools in inner city fort lauderdale area...plus their coach is active on twitter and they had a solid season last season.

They got him and Omar Simpson from Western.

Stranahan likely because he is a fort lauderdale kid... He was at Boyd Anderson previously. Stranahan is the better academic school of the public schools in inner city fort lauderdale area...plus their coach is active on twitter and they had a solid season last season.
Good to know, thanks. Do you see them becoming a consistent program in the near future?

Good to know, thanks. Do you see them becoming a consistent program in the near future?

They are one of the closest schools in proximity to STA. Typically when they have a good kid they get recruited out of their. It still will happen, the current head coach is actually sta alumni and a young guy. He's trying...they have ability to be a solid program for a few. Believe they landed 2 kids div 1 last year....and appear to likely send 3 this season. Which is good for them

They are one of the closest schools in proximity to STA. Typically when they have a good kid they get recruited out of their. It still will happen, the current head coach is actually sta alumni and a young guy. He's trying...they have ability to be a solid program for a few. Believe they landed 2 kids div 1 last year....and appear to likely send 3 this season. Which is good for them

One of Stranahan's OTs (Kareem Harden) has a lot of physical tools and is getting P5 offers. Never seen him in a game, though.

Advertisement
Ye I know the area well I live just off Broward. Probably one of the hardest places to succeed being between STA and Gibbons, would be cool if they got relevant though.

Stranahan had a decent amount of D1 guys back in the day 80’s/early 90’s. Always had the potential for a solid program but get plucked like no tomorrow.

One of Stranahan's OTs (Kareem Harden) has a lot of physical tools and is getting P5 offers. Never seen him in a game, though.

He's really big i seen him . Has good feet...will be a div 1 ol. They play him some at DL TOO.

Advertisement
Good kid, coached him at LLV. I always felt he had the talent for the nxt level. Did'nt think he fill out like he has, Wow. And yeah most kids who play for Lakes go to BA, Dillard, & Strannahan.

Last edited:
Wow Stranahan getting transfers now. I saw they had Leonard manuel too. thats a major contrast from when i was there. all the good players we had left. I had one homeboy leave to Chaminade and then went to Clemson. I guess a different coach can make a change. hate to say it but alot of kids aint really rock with the old coach too heavy

Advertisement
Back