HAYDEN MAHONEY

Dan Sileo JR

Band
Banned
Another guy that I never thought would see the field here. Played in the last drive very very well, was key to a couple of those first downs. Props to him, and the staff for getting it out of him.

Did we sustain another injury or was Searels just mixing it up?

Advertisement
Another guy that I never thought would see the field here. Played in the last drive very very well, was key to a couple of those first downs. Props to him, and the staff for getting it out of him.

Played most of the game

Played most of the game

I honestly didn't notice but Matt porter said he replaced gaynor early in the game.

Played most of the game

Yeah hard to see from the stands but I'm rematching the game now and he's been playing very well. Hope there wasn't any injuries to the OL, they deserve our praise so far.

Played most of the game

I honestly didn't notice but Matt porter said he replaced gaynor early in the game.

Makes sense to give them both a lot of time against an average DL now in case another OL goes down later in the season.

Advertisement
Mahoney had a number of really nice blocks, including springing Homers TD. He and Gaynor rotated throughout the game, and both played reasonably well. The one false start was on Gaynor, and he got trucked on the opening play of the game, but played fairly well outside of those two snaps. Between these two, Donaldson and Gauthier we look in good shape inside on the line next year, IMHO to get the best five players out on the field we probably move Donaldson to RT and St. Louis to LT.

I mentioned in another thread the rotation almost seemed by quarter.

Gaynor played most of the 1st.
Mahoney played most of the 2nd, sans the last snaps.
Gaynor played the 3rd.
But, Mahoney closed.

If he could offer up this kind of work against the better DTs he's about to face, it would be a huge, huge development for our interior OL.

It's so weird seeing all these players that were called jags being coached up and making plays.

i like it

I didn't realize Mahoney was in the game either. Props to him. When you're not noticing a lineman in a game, that's typically a good thing. Searels is making strides with this unit.

Advertisement
Mahoney on Homer's td run had a pancake block.

With ol sometime you have to wait and actuallys ee them in games instead of practice. I played ol...i could care less about practice..as ol are energy savers..so alot of guys are not at full tilt in practice. But Mahoney didnt look outof place which was actually a positive sign.

Now this is a great sign. Kids stepping up to the plate and performing in prime time.

Been a long long time since we seen this happen

Mahoney gets props from me. He's earned his way into the rotation ahead of more touted guys like Brown, Milo.

Advertisement
Now this is a great sign. Kids stepping up to the plate and performing in prime time.

Great sign indeed. Same thing happened over the second half of last season with Gall and Gauthier. Mahoney showing earning his way into the rotation this year is obviously huge for depth this year, but is also a great sign for our OL for next year. We can roll with Gauthier, Gaynor and Mahoney on the interior with St. Louis and Donaldson at the tackles and have solid developing depth in the form of young guys like Herbert, Hillery, Scaife and Reed.

Advertisement
Pleasantly surprised. Really like the fact we're heavily adding Mahoney and Gaynor into the rotation - need them next year. An off season of weight gains/training will do wonders for them

Mahoney really improved and made a strong move in camp. He has length, athleticism and pretty good technique.

Strength is the big issue for him, but he still has two more years of eligibility. Like the way he's trending.

Hopefully a couple of the Freshman tackles develop. With the current recruiting, the oline has elite potential in the next couple years.

Great sign indeed. Same thing happened over the second half of last season with Gall and Gauthier. Mahoney showing earning his way into the rotation this year is obviously huge for depth this year, but is also a great sign for our OL for next year. We can roll with Gauthier, Gaynor and Mahoney on the interior with St. Louis and Donaldson at the tackles and have solid developing depth in the form of young guys like Herbert, Hillery, Scaife and Reed.

This is ideal if possible. Idk if Donaldson has the feet/quickness to play tackle, but if he can that'd be huge for us going forward. St.Louis is serviceable and our interior guys will only get better, not even mentioning the infusion of talent in Scaife and Reed. We could have a pretty good OL next year.

Advertisement
Back