Have we turned the corner?

if we play our next game like this, win or lose, I will be back on the Al Golden bandwagon.

Advertisement
if we play our next game like this, win or lose, I will be back on the Al Golden bandwagon.

On second thought, if we play well next game I won't be one of them calling for Al's head, but I can't fully support him until he gets back to a 4-3 defense. Here's why:

Not because I prefer a 4-3, but because sfl doesn't turn out enough of those players consistently. There are 4 distinct positions in the 3-4: NT, DE, ILs, OLs. All 4 have specific size requirement. Sfl only produces the right size olbs with consistency. But even those olbs are converted tweener 4-3 DEs so they need to learn a new position and learn how to place in space(if they can at all). So basically, Even though Al is in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country, he chooses to run a defense that only 25% of the front 7 players can be found down here fit. That's Asinine!

We might become a very good team under Al, but we will never be elite until he takes his head out his a** about this 3-4 nonsense. Except maybe if he is a good enough recruiter to pull in national guys on a consistent basis. Even so its still asinine to go through all that instead of just fit the scheme to the players in this area.

Advertisement
Back