Have we turned the corner?

tomi

Freshman
Premium
After watching us DOMINATE 3 opponents in a row, should we start to think that we are finally "#trendingup"? I think the game vs FSU will be one of if not the biggest game miami has played since butch left. A win will mean that Al may actually know what he is doing and the U is coming back while a loss will simply mean that we got a little bit too excited after 3 wins against ****** teams. Im scared ****less to get my hopes up but for some **** reason i cant help but feeling that we WILL beat Fsu and that Al Golden may just be the coach to help bring Miami Back.

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

Advertisement
After watching us DOMINATE 3 opponents in a row, should we start to think that we are finally "#trendingup"? I think the game vs FSU will be one of if not the biggest game miami has played since butch left. A win will mean that Al may actually know what he is doing and the U is coming back while a loss will simply mean that we got a little bit too excited after 3 wins against ****ty teams. Im scared ****less to get my hopes up but for some **** reason i cant help but feeling that we WILL beat Fsu and that Al Golden may just be the coach to help bring Miami Back.

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

Not even about the win/loss but about how we play.

If we lose to them because they have the best player in college football right now, you tip your hat and move forward.

If we look like we don't belong on the field with them, that's a problem.

Today wasn't about simply getting the W, it was about how we looked, and we looked like a dominant football team.

After watching us DOMINATE 3 opponents in a row, should we start to think that we are finally "#trendingup"? I think the game vs FSU will be one of if not the biggest game miami has played since butch left. A win will mean that Al may actually know what he is doing and the U is coming back while a loss will simply mean that we got a little bit too excited after 3 wins against ****ty teams. Im scared ****less to get my hopes up but for some **** reason i cant help but feeling that we WILL beat Fsu and that Al Golden may just be the coach to help bring Miami Back.

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

If we lose to them because they have the best player in college football right now, you tip your hat and move forward.

Today wasn't about simply getting the W, it was about how we looked, and we looked like a dominant football team.

Preach

Advertisement
The biggest game under Al's tenure was 2013 FSU. We were hot, they were hot, we were top 10, they were top 10, we were undefeated, they were undefeated...we know how that turned out. We win that game and the program is back, we lost and we still haven't turned the corner. This year, this is a big game. This game will be the difference between 3 consistent years of nothing (5-3 in the ACC and 0-3 against FSU) or actual improvement (6-2 and beating FSU).

I will say this:

1.) Not sure how you can keep an HC who loses 4 in a row to our biggest rival,

2.) Not sure how you can keep an HC who tops out at 5-3 in the conference, and

3.) Not sure how you can keep an HC who can't get the coastal crown after 4 years

The 3 games we just won, their combined records are 13-13 (6-8). You can combine the talent on those teams and they would lose to FSU. Beat FSU and things may have changed.

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

100% WRONG.

Advertisement

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

Losers mentality.

We are past the point of moral victories. 4 years in, you can't just hope to play a good game against your top rival.

How long will you allow Al to get away with this?

Al has used up all his good faith and tough talk. The time is now. Win or go home, fat Al.

Golden needs to stop going into that passive crap, 3 man rush, corners 20 yards off the ball crap when we have a lead. The defense we played in the first half works and we didnt give up any big plays, no need to play prevent defense. One of these games he's going to allow a team to get back into the game with that ****.

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

Losers mentality.

We are past the point of moral victories. 4 years in, you can't just hope to play a good game against your top rival.

Al has used up all his good faith and tough talk. The time is now. Win or go home, fat Al.

The fact that he didn't bring up a win and only talked about our performance in a ***ING LOSS is all you need to know.

Advertisement

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

Losers mentality.

TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

Losers mentality.

ZERO to do with Moral Victories. At the end of the day a loss is a loss.

Everything to do with, can we block them up front?

Are we disciplined?

Do we play with aggression of defense?

Do we have a solid plan on offense?

Do we make adjustments at the half?

Odds are that if you take care of all those things, you put yourself in position to win the football game.

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

Losers mentality.

Are we disciplined?

Odds are that if you take care of all those things, you put yourself in position to win the football game.

If we do all those things well, and still come away with a loss, you would be happy, i.e. A moral victory.

That is to be expected at this point in his tenure, and if he still loses, you can't just give him a pass cause we looked good losing.

What about Nebraska, g tech, Louisville? The fact that we lost those games makes the game against FSU all or nothing.

Either win, or gtfo.

Advertisement

either way, GO CANES!

#BeatTheNoles

Losers mentality.

Are we disciplined?

If we do all those things well, and still come away with a loss, you would be happy, i.e. A moral victory.

That is to be expected at this point in his tenure, and if he still loses, you can't just give him a pass cause we looked good losing.

What about Nebraska, g tech, Louisville? The fact that we lost those games makes the game against FSU all or nothing.

Either win, or gtfo.

Agree to disagree

I'm not firing the coach because he lost to the defending National Champion, their Heisman Trophy QB/Best Player in College Fotoball, on a 56 yard FG as time expires.

Y'all savior was 0 fer against FSU through 1999 and I bet some of y'all same folk would've canned him.

Losers mentality.

Are we disciplined?

Either win, or gtfo.

Agree to disagree

I'm not firing the coach because he lost to the defending National Champion, their Heisman Trophy QB/Best Player in College Fotoball, on a 56 yard FG as time expires.

Y'all savior was 0 fer against FSU through 1999 and I bet some of y'all same folk would've canned him.

Did you read his post? He said the 3 losses already MAKES the FSU game all or nothing.

It wasn't just the FSU game. It is the FSU game plus those other 3 losses. That would be a 4 loss season (At best).

Advertisement
Back