Have summer camps exposed recruiting loophole CBS article

Advertisement
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...have-summer-camps-exposed-recruiting-loophole

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 6m
One college coach told me how local prep "coaches" get to dbl/triple dip by making big trips but charging schools $$ from their home base.

Awesome article.... Surprise, surprise look who pays out the most to highschool coaches....FSU and OSU...!

2 of the biggest backstabbers and coaches who only care about themselves.

Advertisement
U guys notice that L$U didn't release their payout amount. The chart said that the information was "protected", LOL. I bet they pay pretty **** good. Hmmm....Genron?

Is this the article about johnnie dicon's coach? On phone and having trouble linking.

Advertisement
I cannot believe the ncaa has allowed contracted university employees (camp coaches) to provide benefits (airfare, camp fees) for players without incident. **** is ridiculous, if a kid can't afford to get himself to your camp, go down and scout him in his home area like everyone else, and wait for official visits to get him to your school like everyone else.

"gotta feed the fam"
84.gif

Camp Money

Last summer, Dwyer Palm Beach assistant coach Paul Meunier got word that several major FBS schools wanted him to work their camps.

As the routine goes, Meunier said, schools “indirectly imply” Meunier should bring top players with him -- in this case, wide receiver Johnnie Dixon and safety Shawn Boone.

Meunier chose to work Ohio State's camp because the school had intrigued Dixon and Boone. They wanted to learn more about the program. Ohio State paid Meunier a total of $1,409 for on-field coaching and mileage during a one-day camp for high school kids in late June.

Advertisement
Camp Money

Last summer, Dwyer Palm Beach assistant coach Paul Meunier got word that several major FBS schools wanted him to work their camps.

As the routine goes, Meunier said, schools “indirectly imply” Meunier should bring top players with him -- in this case, wide receiver Johnnie Dixon and safety Shawn Boone.

Meunier chose to work Ohio State's camp because the school had intrigued Dixon and Boone. They wanted to learn more about the program. Ohio State paid Meunier a total of $1,409 for on-field coaching and mileage during a one-day camp for high school kids in late June.

I have a feeling we'd see tons of instances of this if it all came to light. CFB might be ruined past the point of repair barring complete change of direction.

Camp Money

I think you have to add in the other part if you are going to take excerpts fro the story..

Meunier covered the players' transportation, camp fees and food. After all expenses, Meunier said he lost $30.

Lol at LSU not disclosing how much they spend. Ol' Genron, balling!

The thing about Genron is the Bruce Feldmen Quote about double and triple dipping. Genron has been to Bama Auburn Bama again and LSU at least in the last few weeks he couldnt have gone home that many times. I think he has went to like Tulane too. Hopefully sometime in the next few months he takes some kids to some smaller schools. He usually does that. If he has to line up his pockets a little with this camp money then take kids to school like Akron WKU etc I am not really that mad at the guy because nobody else is going to do it.

45.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

3.jpg:large

Advertisement
Camp Money

I think you have to add in the other part if you are going to take excerpts fro the story..

Meunier covered the players' transportation, camp fees and food. After all expenses, Meunier said he lost $30.

Yeah, I bet he lost a ton of money. Bull****.

They have been doing this for a long time. The assistants driving these kids charge each school from South Florida to their camp.

They have been doing this for a long time. The assistants driving these kids charge each school from South Florida to their camp.

This is ONLY the reported money... Imagine how much cash is exchanged....???? I'm ready to rent a van and start driving these kids to all these schools myself... It's a **** of a SUPPLEMENTAL income...!!!

This is ONLY the reported money... Imagine how much cash is exchanged....???? I'm ready to rent a van and start driving these kids to all these schools myself... It's a **** of a SUPPLEMENTAL income...!!!

It's big money that's why these assistants do it. They charge the school mileage from south Florida to each school but they make a trip out of it. They take these kids to LSU, then Bama, then to Auburn while charging each school mileage from Florida. This don't take into account the "perks " they get if these kids sign with the school.

Advertisement
Back