Have a non-sports related question for Miami residents

CanadaCane

Freshman
I'm flying down to Ft Lauderdale next month and going on a cruise from the Miami port.

Is it expensive to take a cab down there? Also, is there a lot in terms of stores and food places around the port if I'm arriving a few hours before my boat leaves or is all that too far from the port?

Thanks.

Advertisement
The port is literally next to downtown, but honestly inside the port there is only one diner and it sucks, so you are better off eating in the boat

I'm flying down to Ft Lauderdale next month and going on a cruise from the Miami port.

Is it expensive to take a cab down there? Also, is there a lot in terms of stores and food places around the port if I'm arriving a few hours before my boat leaves or is all that too far from the port?

Thanks.

Yes. I would use Uber/Lyft, or I'm sure you can find a shuttle service from the airport to the port. All cheaper options than a cab.

You'd probably be pushing $75+ to get from FLL to Port of Miami via a standard taxi. You might want to check with your cruise line as I believe most of them offer transfers from local airports to the Port for their passengers that might be cheaper. As far as places to eat at the Port of Miami, the closest place with any options would be Bayside but that's very touristy so you'd probably be better off just eating on the ship. If you're willing to go a mile or two from the Port you could have the taxi drop you off on Brickell as there are a ton of places around there.

Advertisement
Tokengator works Uber out of his Wilton Manors address. PM him for a ride. Check your spelling so your message doesn't auto-correct to Luber.

UberX has the fare from FLL to the Port of Miami as $27 - $37, which isn't bad at all.

I work for Carnival and I think if you're flying into FLL, we only offer transport to the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port. Don't think they'll bring you down to MIA from there. Not sure about other cruise lines.

As mentioned above, hangout in Brickell or Bayside for a few hours and you'll be fine.

definitely dont cab it. I've spent $100 to get to Miami Shores which is a decent amount closer to FLL than the port.

The port is literally next to downtown, but honestly inside the port there is only one diner and it sucks, so you are better off eating in the boat

exactly. you get on the ship as early as you can and commence eating and drinking. you should take uber and have the guy make stop at cvs or walgreens downtown. I don't think there is anything at the port.

Advertisement
Awesome. Thanks for your help guys!

oh and if you are going to smuggle booze get these things called rum runners. they are these plastic flasks and you can get a lot of liquor into your bags. just be careful with the cheap imitations. they have tendency to leak. rum runners have served me well on multiple cruises.

Bayside is on the way to the Port, and they have Chilis, Hooters, and Bubba Gump Shrimp

You're better off eating on the boat

Advertisement
content_Perez-Art-Museum-2.jpg

Take the metro mover to museum park. Enjoy the views & have lunch at the museum outdoor cafe. No need to enter museum just enjoy the outdoor areas. Stay out of Bayside touristy stuff Miamiams are ashamed of.

Advertisement
If your Haitian cab driver actually delivers you safely to the port, consider it a divine intervention and run aboard the ship as soon as possible.

View attachment 29652

Take the metro mover to museum park. Enjoy the views & have lunch at the museum outdoor cafe. No need to enter museum just enjoy the outdoor areas. Stay out of Bayside touristy stuff Miamiams are ashamed of.

This is actually a great idea. That place is great. Also check out Westendzone.com for more recs, we have a resident Canadian as well.

Advertisement
Back