Hats Off To The S&C Progrum

I’ll give you an example where size isn’t a determining factor. UVA’s RB and Cam are the same size. That UVA kid is a bowling ball and Cam can’t run through grass over 4 inches tall. Cam may look huge without a shirt on, but his functional strength is below average.
And yet Cam broke strength records. Balance matters....a lot. Again, just about everybody runs through our guys. A lot of the missed tackles are due to our guys take bad angles and lose leverage which leads to a lot of either stop driving through the ball carrier or just flat out leaving our feet. It is embarrassing.

Advertisement
So mental strength would of gotten us tackles? Got it

Facts
It could be when you play soft and don’t want to follow the guy who is leading you why is that so hard to believe..look at the way we miss tackles the kids are not buying in to what is being taught

The players can all lift like crazy, they have ****** technique which has nothing to do with S&C.

Wow. I watched every play of the UGA and Alabama games this weekend. It looks like our kids are from different planets than theirs. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO we are MILES away from the top teams in the strength department.

Advertisement
When you are not having real blocking and tackling drills in practice against live bodies expect the crap you are watching. Could one say HC a lot more to blame than strength coach?

We churn out great looking workout warriors but not great football players. If McCloud, Cam, Carter, Ivey and Miller all played as well as they look physically, we'd have a much better football team.

That's a testament to bad recruiting and poor coaching. I think Feeley has been doing an admirable job considering who he's been given to work with.

And yet Cam broke strength records. Balance matters....a lot. Again, just about everybody runs through our guys. A lot of the missed tackles are due to our guys take bad angles and lose leverage which leads to a lot of either stop driving through the ball carrier or just flat out leaving our feet. It is embarrassing.
Pitchers did balance drills daily in college when I played baseball. Why isn’t Cam any better at it than when he walked in here 4 years ago? Does this team not do anything besides curls, bench, and squats?

Like I said show muscles are great, this team has them in droves, but we lack functional strength.

Wow. I watched every play of the UGA and Alabama games this weekend. It looks like our kids are from different planets than theirs. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO we are MILES away from the top teams in the strength department.
Because they are. Evan Neal is doing jumping split squats in between 2 boxes at 6’7 300+.

We ain’t been getting them type of athletes. Just freaks

Advertisement
All those Cinnamon Toast Crunch milkshakes are finally paying off.

The entire team looks like they have scurvy.

Any time Bama had the ball it looked like one of those zombie movies where they get in a semi truck and just mow down the undead horde with no problem. We had dudes flying over the hood and off the windshield of every Bama player who touched the ball.

We're so weak and uncoordinated. Looks like we should be playing in hospital gowns.

Just absolutely embarrassed physically. What the F is going on in the weight room?
Bring back Swasey‼️

I know I know…certification enthusiasts would never like this. GTFOOH…EAD(not you..them!)

To be fair, you also chose the two teams that recruit on a different level than Clemson, let alone us.

Part of S&C is culture as well, and if your HC doesn’t understand the ideas of being self-accountable or how to get the most out of his players, why would those players who aren’t intrinsically motivated do their best?

You’ve got guys like X who are breaking program lift records, then you’ve got 4 year former blue chip recruit linemen who can’t push a 240 lb DE?

Clearly guys can make impressive strides, but they have to want to on their own or be motivated by Feeley, who is hindered by the locker room culture that Manny created.

I think Feeley is the goods but players and coaches are who they are. Think Jennings and Flagg are any different if Moffitt ran our program and Alabama's guy was his assistant? Nope.

Advertisement
2A296599-BF58-4ECD-9B0E-4F80B0A0C9E0.jpeg

Where the glutes? No glutes.

Dont think Feely is to blame i believe its more player evaluation you have to sign the correct players that have the right framework and work habit.

S&C is not why we can’t tackle and look the way we do.

We’re recruiting 210 pound DEs, 195-205 pound LBs, 160 pound corners. Converting 5’10 205 pound safeties to LB.

You cant hang with Bama without beating them schematically unless you can hang in the trenches with them. OL and a big front 7

Height and weight isn’t the only thing that matters but look at our classes compared to teams that are dominating. Star ratings aside.. we’re recruiting small. We’re small across the board. Light in the ***.
Finally someone brings logic & reason to the discussion. Freaks aren't built by a strength coach, they're recruited by your coaching staff. Bama is Bama cuz they have monsters on every level on both sides of the ball. Increase the blue chip ratio and S & C becomes a lesser factor.

Advertisement

It’s almost like they recruit the top of the top recruits

S&C is not why we can’t tackle and look the way we do.

We’re recruiting 210 pound DEs, 195-205 pound LBs, 160 pound corners. Converting 5’10 205 pound safeties to LB.

You cant hang with Bama without beating them schematically unless you can hang in the trenches with them. OL and a big front 7

Height and weight isn’t the only thing that matters but look at our classes compared to teams that are dominating. Star ratings aside.. we’re recruiting small. We’re small across the board. Light in the ***.
It seems like we used to recruit undersized fast guys. Now we just recruit undersized guys. And Bama and UGA’s big guys are as fast as our small guys.

It seems like we used to recruit undersized fast guys. Now we just recruit undersized guys. And Bama and UGA’s big guys are as fast as our small guys.
Manny has been quoted saying he likes a front 7 that can run and a secondary that can hit (we lived up to that a few times in his DC tenure but it’s funny looking at it now)

The problem is we sacrifice size in the trenches at the expense of speed and sacrifice speed on the backend at the expense of someone that is big and you would think can hit and tackle.

We’re not really doing any tackling in general these days.

I don't know guys, our last two first round picks certainly looked like they physically 'matured' under Feeleys guidance. JP15, JHH, GR15, MILLER, Elijah Roberts, Zion Nelson..... and I could go on with names of players who didn't just put on weight, but put on good weight while retaining and/or improving athleticism under Feeleys watch.

I don't know if S&C is the problem, but I'd let whoever the next HC/Football Ops/AD decide Feeleys future. Sometimes, the kids just need to hear a different voice

Advertisement
Back