Hats off to the Offensive Line.

Mico Jones

Positivity!
Banned
Didn't dominate but didn't collapse like prior years.

Turnstile St. Louis and KC MDonut no more. They and Darling played their best games when we needed it.

Gauthier, Gaynor, Donaldson are legit.

Advertisement
They were good on the final drive opening up some holes against a prevent defense but that's about it. Malik started getting rid of the ball much quicker, but those guys were turnstiles for most of the game. I've tried to support the OL as much as possible, but they are not one of the position groups I'd congratulate after this win.

Advertisement
OL is the weak link to this team..............and the LB's keep getting sucked inside. Do your **** job and this game isn't as close as it was.

They did what they had to do on the last two drives...that's for sure.

We'll worry about the rest tomorrow when everyone stops celebrating and sobers up.

They pass blocked decent , run blocking was awful

Our RT didn't stand a chance against their left end. Malik and Richt adjusted well to that. Both OL's didn't perform well against 3-4 man fronts most of the game. I thought we should've blitzed more, because our DL was getting tired.

Advertisement
We went into the 4th qtr with 20 rushing yards. And FSU owned TOP because we couldn't run the ball a lick. Sorry. The o-line was the least effective unit tonight. Nice work on the last drive. But I'm not all that happy with the unit. To put it a different way, they got outperformed by FSUs crappy o-line. And we constanlyt had our RB and TE in blocking up until the last drive to help them out.

St. Louis was getting beat by Sweat all game long, but luckily we have a QB who can actually climb the pocket and doesn't get scared at the pressure around him.

Rosier's pocket awareness is really good. He was able to stand in there when he knew he was close to getting sacked.

Actually, the RUNNING was awful. Walton shouldn't have played. Love the guy, but he was a non factor due to his injury. I really hope he can sit next week and heal up. Homer is really good, and we should be able to rest Walton more than we have been.

OL was putrid all night. Bailed out by some clutch runnjng from Homer and an awesome 4th Q from Rosier.

OL is always the hardest thing to get right at Miami. Get it right and you get 2001.

Also, the LBs get sucked up bc they are on green dog and zone blitzes all game.

Advertisement
Great job offensive line!! Against one of the best dline in the country held it down in the clutch!!!

Advertisement
How are people talking **** about this OL? Malik didnt take half the hits blackman took and they played with a ton of discipline going into a hostile environment. dont underestimate the value of the line not getting penalized either especially against a stout FSU defense.

Oline played great considering they were facing one of the best dlines in the country even shut bama down. They gave up only one sack

I was impressed with them not having any false start penalties after each FSU when it got loud in the stadium. They are learning how to play. You have to remember that the upper classmen had bad coaching from the prior staff.

The run blocking wasnt great but lets be honest if Walton is healthy he goes for 70-80 with same blocking . The OL is the only position group that either isn't elite or doesn't have elite potential. But our young guys are studs and in 1-2 more years we will have an elite line. Also the biggest props they get is no penalties. That is huge . Last year the OL was bad but the biggest reason they were was penalties.

Advertisement
Back