hate to bust the Rutgers bubble

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
i spoke with a season ticket holder there. said the ticket holders and donors are pushing to bring back Greg Schiano and the admin is receptive to it.

Advertisement
Unless they make him AD and HC, I'm not sure they can get him back.

And I'm guessing he would prefer the Miami job to Ruthers, if he had the option.

i spoke with a season ticket holder there. said the ticket holders and donors are pushing to bring back Greg Schiano and the admin is receptive to it.

Yeah but he doesn't have core values, catchy slogans and a binder.

Al > Greg

You heard it from a season ticket holder? That's as rock solid as it gets.

How about this: NO ONE WANTS FOLDEN. It's pretty simple. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that if you can't win at Miami you can't win anywhere. Best recruiting base in the nation combined with the easiest schedule should equal at least 11 wins every year. This fat puke chunk lost 7 in year 4 with 20+ NFL players on his roster.

I have also heard Schiano is the favorite per an Alum with deep pockets. He just said that they don't think Al is worth a **** and Schiano is the name a lot of the alumni have been buzzing about. This was right before the season started. He doesn't claim to be in the know or have inside information but he's a very wealthy man and knows a lot of the very wealthy big hitters.

Advertisement

I can see him returning to Rutgers.
He was their program, afterall.
And that program has alot of (Bg10) money to throw around.

I have also heard Schiano is the favorite per an Alum with deep pockets. He just said that they don't think Al is worth a **** and Schiano is the name a lot of the alumni have been buzzing about. This was right before the season started. He doesn't claim to be in the know or have inside information but he's a very wealthy man and knows a lot of the very wealthy big hitters.

What are you claiming? Are these UM alums?

I'm sure he's groveling for the job behind the scenes already. It's not like he has a good job now or has turned down a bunch of great gigs.

Advertisement
If Al Golden is fired or leaves; the Miami Head coaching job will be gift wrapped and hand delivered to Mario Cristobal.

Go Canes

I'm sure he's groveling for the job behind the scenes already. It's not like he has a good job now or has turned down a bunch of great gigs.

Yep. It wouldn't surprise me if things are put in place for him to be hired within 72 hours of Flood being fired after the last regular season game.
They won't waste time hiring Chuck Neinas and some of these other goofs programs hire to look for candidates.

If Al Golden is fired or leaves; the Miami Head coaching job will be gift wrapped and hand delivered to Mario Cristobal.

Go Canes

Not a chance Cristobal is hired. Could have had him when Golden was chosen ... So, what improvements has Mario made within the last 5 years that makes him a better candidate now?

Yall dudes claiming Mario is a legit candidate are CRAZY! I'm not a #BBB guy, but they would absolutely hire Davis before they hired Cristobal.

... And I don't really think Davis is a legit candidate for the job, assuming it opens after the season.

Advertisement
Please stop with the Cristobal talk. When you say that as fact, I know you are just guessing. Who knows if it's true, but I have heard he would not be at the top of a few key players list among the coaches who have been here, Schiano, Stoops, Chud, etc.

you realize you could also be talking about Butch here.....and don't worry...Fat Al is going to Illinois!

Please stop with the Cristobal talk. When you say that as fact, I know you are just guessing. Who knows if it's true, but I have heard he would not be at the top of a few key players list among the coaches who have been here, Schiano, Stoops, Chud, etc.

Read this thread with DIRECT QUOTES from recruits about wanting to play for Cristobal.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/90027

Also here is a video from 2016 WR Keshawn Pie Young (who is the #2 player in Dade County by the way) wanting to play for Cristobal. So if Cristobal becomes the head coach at Miami you don't thank that put UM in prime position to land Pie Young. Considering he has all but moved on from considering Miami.

[video=youtube;j1n8FTDj40I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=154&v=j1n8FTDj40I[/video]

Advertisement

Read this thread with DIRECT QUOTES from recruits about wanting to play for Cristobal.

Also here is a video from 2016 WR Keshawn Pie Young (who is the #2 player in Dade County by the way) wanting to play for Cristobal. So if Cristobal becomes the head coach at Miami you don't thank that put UM in prime position to land Pie Young. Considering he has all but moved on from considering Miami.

[video=youtube;j1n8FTDj40I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=154&v=j1n8FTDj40I[/video]

I want an x o guy , no more of the recruiter types . Bring in a offensive guru with a couple assistants who " recruit".

Bringing in Mario is very high risk, borderline insane.

Remind me of how well Cristobal recruited as the HC of FIU?

Bama recruits itself. They didn't need Cristobal to land Trent Richardson or Amari Cooper. There's nothing special about Cristobal as a recruiter, just as there is nothing special about James Coley.

The elite teams have a X and O guru on 1 side of the ball, or they have a great leader and motivator.

If you can get a guy who's both, you can do something special, IMO.

Yeah. Let's hire Crystalball just to get Pie Young. Just like everyone wanted to play for Butch Jones at UT. Now that he's proving to be a loser watch what starts to happen there.

You recruiting guys are whack jobs. Win at UM, or hire a guy who gives you the hope of winning at UM, and you will clean up in recruiting. It's a simple formula down here.

Cristobal would prove the school is just a cheap outfit that doesn't get how big time college sports works.

In other words, they be who we thought they were.

Advertisement
Back