Hasselwood update

This is selective reasoning to fit your narrative. In 2017, Jimbo pulled 5 stars from Texas, IMG, VA, and MS. He also went into south Florida and got the top corner (Stanford Samuels).

Nothing selective about it. Texas A&M has not won a National Championships since 1939 and they are in the middle of recruiting grounds for LSU, Texas, and OU. They also have to compete with Alabama each year. Jimbo has a much hard schedule in the SEC. (4th this year compared to 48th at FSU). So, in a nutshell, Jimbo has a hard schedule and will have to recruit and coach against better coaches. Texas A&M hired him to win a title but I don't see that happening.

Advertisement
Brent Venables left because bob stoops hired his brother as co defensive coordinator. But I agree 100 percent we need a salesman. The even sadder part is we have one but he is too stubborn to put a legit staff together who can run this team while he sells the program.

Every coach is a salesman
Nothing selective about it. Texas A&M has not won a National Championships since 1939 and they are in the middle of recruiting grounds for LSU, Texas, and OU. They also have to compete with Alabama each year. Jimbo has a much hard schedule in the SEC. (4th this year compared to 48th at FSU). So, in a nutshell, Jimbo has a hard schedule and will have to recruit and coach against better coaches. Texas A&M hired him to win a title but I don't see that happening.

I have no idea if he’ll win a title.

I replied to your post about Jimbo’s recruiting, not about Texas A&M’s history or schedule. Jimbo can recruit with anyone.

Advertisement

I replied to your post about Jimbo’s recruiting, not about Texas A&M’s history or schedule. Jimbo can recruit with anyone.

At this point, is there really any other program set up to compete with Alabama on the field outside of Clemson, UGA, and to a lesser extent, Oklahoma?

Saying that Jimbo's not going to have any success at A&M is short-sighted. I don't think Jimbo wins a natty at A&M given that Saban doesn't look like he's slowing down anytime soon. But I'd venture to say he'll have a more successful tenure than Sumlin had.

Also, Jimbo will be recruiting against the same schools he's always been recruiting against.

The schedule is relevant because losing 3 and 4 games a year is going to make it hard to continue to recruit a high level. (see Mark Richt)

The schedule is relevant because losing 3 and 4 games a year is going to make it hard to continue to recruit a high level. (see Mark Richt)
SEC west is not a league i wanna be a part of at the moment. And i ain't no slurper either

Advertisement
Back