Haskins,Tua, Murray ...and Perry

Nobody can be as special as any of those guys with Mark as their OC.

As for what OU will do againat Bama, I would say not a whole lot. Whatever their average is, cut in down by a third to a half. Bama will drop help back into the secondary and rush only three or four.

Advertisement
Better question, Would those 3 qbs be elite in Richt's system(Jon Richt as his qb corch) and the draw, dive, all verts playcalling

Better question, Would those 3 qbs be elite in Richt's system(Jon Richt as his qb corch) and the draw, dive, all verts playcalling

Fuuck No. Because Richt would rather play the less talented 5th year no star guy from nowhere, Alabama.

All these comments about Tua and he is still injured....plus will he make it through two games? All the optimism out of Alabama about his injury is to be expected but I;d bet Jalen is being prepared.

All these comments about Tua and he is still injured....plus will he make it through two games? All the optimism out of Alabama about his injury is to be expected but I;d bet Jalen is being prepared.

One month is a lot of time to heal. Oklahoma, Clemson and Notre Dame if they want to beat Saban they better game plan for Tua and hurts.

Advertisement
In the right offensive scheme, I think Perry could put up the numbers like these other QBs!! Miami is lacking the offensive scheme.. Perry has shown that he can move with the ball but this RPO scheme just isn't what Miami needs, Miami should be a spread more type offense to use their playmakers more in space and move defenses more..

In the past, Miami's offense dominated when they put 3 and 4 WRs on the outside and made defenses spread to cover them then ran counters and powers with their backs in open field!! Dorsey played dodge ball with his WRs.. Miami need to add more crossing routes to their passing game and use more bunch packages, make defenses think more, CMR passing game is too simple.. At times it looks like Cager and Langley are targeted more down the field then the more speeder WRs and the smaller WRs were targeted more for jump balls then the bigger WRs.. WHEN it should be the opposite!!

BUT Perry in an offense where he can spread the field and have WRs come open more, I think can put up numbers like these other QBs..

What's great about threads like these is you all will be asking the same question for Jarren Williams this time next year, yet most of you refuse to recognize the common denominator.

JT Barrett was an average at best passer, yet he managed to put up 2,834yds 34TD's 10INT's completing 64.6% of his passes plus over 900yds & 11TD's rushing as a Red Frosh in 2014, then his Senior year 3,053yds 35TD's 9INT's at 64.7%cmp. The same system just produced Dwayne Haskins as a Red Soph in his 1st season starting throwing for 4,580yds 47TD's 8INT's at 70%cmp.

Oklahoma just had back to back Heisman winners at QB & has had others in the past with Bradford & Jason White running the at it's core the same Offensive system (with different variations based on personnel), but architecturally the same.

Lamar Jackson managed to throw for 9,043yds & 69TD's in college winning a Hesiman & he's an average passer (exceptional athlete, but average passer). Troy Smith wasn't a good passer at all but still managed 2,542yds 30TD's & 6INT's at 65%cmp his Senior year. Yall think Notre Dame went undefeated with an Elite 5-star QB? Ian Book was an under the radar 3-star Cali kid coming out of HS.

Is Perry as good as Haskins or Murray, nope not even close. But if you're waiting for some Superstar QB to show up you'll be waiting for a long long time. So then what? Either maximize your guy's skill set & put him in the best position to make plays, or always use the "he's not talented enough" cop out.

Architecturally speaking, these mofos always got some excuse for Mork's architectually failed system. No elite QB is going to play in this ice age system or win a heisman in this day and age.

What's great about threads like these is you all will be asking the same question for Jarren Williams this time next year, yet most of you refuse to recognize the common denominator.

JT Barrett was an average at best passer, yet he managed to put up 2,834yds 34TD's 10INT's completing 64.6% of his passes plus over 900yds & 11TD's rushing as a Red Frosh in 2014, then his Senior year 3,053yds 35TD's 9INT's at 64.7%cmp. The same system just produced Dwayne Haskins as a Red Soph in his 1st season starting throwing for 4,580yds 47TD's 8INT's at 70%cmp.

Oklahoma just had back to back Heisman winners at QB & has had others in the past with Bradford & Jason White running the at it's core the same Offensive system (with different variations based on personnel), but architecturally the same.

Lamar Jackson managed to throw for 9,043yds & 69TD's in college winning a Hesiman & he's an average passer (exceptional athlete, but average passer). Troy Smith wasn't a good passer at all but still managed 2,542yds 30TD's & 6INT's at 65%cmp his Senior year. Yall think Notre Dame went undefeated with an Elite 5-star QB? Ian Book was an under the radar 3-star Cali kid coming out of HS.

Is Perry as good as Haskins or Murray, nope not even close. But if you're waiting for some Superstar QB to show up you'll be waiting for a long long time. So then what? Either maximize your guy's skill set & put him in the best position to make plays, or always use the "he's not talented enough" cop out.
I agree.. I watch football at every level, and one thing that I see missing from CMR's offense is the use of the crossing route.. That is a route a defense can not stop, then when you have speedsters on the outside!! Miami rather bunch their WRs up and run quick in's and out's or go routes, I really believe every pass play when using more than 2 WRs one of them should be running a crossing route, splitting the defense.. Just put on Amar Cooper film and watch how he destroys defenses with the crossing route!!

I agree without major changes from a Richt it’s going to take the greatest college QB of all time to be successful and even with that I still don’t know if it’s enough.

Richt as did Golden and Shannon and their staff are not maximizing their QBs and skill players. Is Perry good enough to win the ACC and a playoff berth absolutely in the right system.

Advertisement
Bruh...Tua is going to light up Oklahoma's defense like every other B12 team did this year, last year and year before. It is no secret OK and the entire B12 have decided to abandon playing defense to focus more on offense/heismans. Getting rid of stoops (a defensive minded coach) is also an indication. Murray is not or never putting up EA Sports numbers against BAMA or most SEC schools with the system he is in now.

Tua coming for his Heisman.
You must have missed Oklahoma vs Georgia last year

I would like to see Murray play Georgia now. I doubt he has the same production. No surprises.

Murray didnt even play against UGA last year...
Oklahoma's offense worked against them last year was the point. UGAs pass defense was 8th last year, and they are 15th this year. With another Heisman QB for OU, it doesnt make sense to assume that they'll some how shut him down. Besides, Bama is the cream of the crop, no school in the SEC has their defense. So even if Bama does hold OU under 20 points, it's ridiculous to think that any other school can.

This isn't like UCF and Auburn last year. UGA did everything to stop OU last year and got 41 points put on them in regulation, and that's the guy who was Saban's DC for 5+ years.

Advertisement
I like Perry but he no where near these QBs. Not close. I’m not sure if he could play at those other schools.

One thing this game will prove how good the spread is against a good defense.don't expect this game to be close.spread is great at stats and big plays but it's not a good short yardage offense.ou hasn't seen a defense like this and only time one showed up and acted like a defense ou lost.

Murray didnt even play against UGA last year...
Oklahoma's offense worked against them last year was the point. UGAs pass defense was 8th last year, and they are 15th this year. With another Heisman QB for OU, it doesnt make sense to assume that they'll some how shut him down. Besides, Bama is the cream of the crop, no school in the SEC has their defense. So even if Bama does hold OU under 20 points, it's ridiculous to think that any other school can.

This isn't like UCF and Auburn last year. UGA did everything to stop OU last year and got 41 points put on them in regulation, and that's the guy who was Saban's DC for 5+ years.
Ou still had a heisman qb in Mayfield.ou lost the game when it went into overtime.field shrunk to 25 yards.spread is a great open field offense but it loses its umph in short/red zone yardage plays.

Advertisement

This needs to be posted at the top of every thread moving forward.

Ou still had a heisman qb in Mayfield.ou lost the game when it went into overtime.field shrunk to 25 yards.spread is a great open field offense but it loses its umph in short/red zone yardage plays.

Um...the point was that OU offense was not shut down when they played the 2nd best team in the SEC. They put up 45 points on them in regulation...Which I brought up because a poster said "OU would get shut down by Bama or any other SEC defense" which is wrong.

I think the Qb has to be more cerebral then physically gifted. Talent alone wont win consistently at that position.

Um...the point was that OU offense was not shut down when they played the 2nd best team in the SEC. They put up 45 points on them in regulation...Which I brought up because a poster said "OU would get shut down by Bama or any other SEC defense" which is wrong.
A lot of people back in the day said ous wishbone attack couldn't be stopped .like I've said before the spread is a great open field offense but in the redzone or short yardage it loses its umph.by the way what did ous offense do in overtime starting at the 25 yrd line.and who won the game.

Advertisement
Back