Has the ACC given an update [on FSU game Safety]

Actually that is a great explanation of the rule. The only issue is that there is absolutely no angle of any video that shows even a part of the ball out of the end zone on initial contact let alone the whole ball which is what is required by rule.
Well then that make the one against klubnik even more obvious

Advertisement
Actually that is a great explanation of the rule. The only issue is that there is absolutely no angle of any video that shows even a part of the ball out of the end zone on initial contact let alone the whole ball which is what is required by rule.
I believe when they say "initial contact" they're talking about the contact by Bain at like the 4 yard line. They're essentially saying forward progress is around that spot ....at least that's the way I'm reading into it...which is still insane

I believe when they say "initial contact" they're talking about the contact by Bain at like the 4 yard line. They're essentially saying forward progress is around that spot ....at least that's the way I'm reading into it...which is still insane
They spotted it on the one I’d forward contact was Bain I’d assume they would spot it on the 4.

The icing on the cake, will be when we're beating Louisville this weekend, and TVD tries to avoid throwing an INT and instead runs backwards into the endzone and gets tackled at the goal line similarly to Clem/FSU. Easily gonna get called a safety.

Advertisement
They also said the Clemson non safety was correct lol
We have to understand that big money 💰 would have been lost by Vegas with a Canes victory. Sports is a way of control to keep everyone entertained/engaged and not paying attention to real issues. The Romans ( the Colosseum )are a perfect example. We don’t make the rules they do. Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
The ruling is well-known as the “Mario” Kart rule:

If you’re in the lead, you will only receive banana 🍌 peels and “manually-aimed” green turtle shells.

In the spirit of competition to help the losers catch-up, those not in the lead will receive various “power-ups” aka: “heat-seaking” red turtle shells, lightning ⚡️ bolts, and invincibility stars ⭐

It was a safety. Forget about that for a second. We’d still be ****ed if the that was the 10 yard line and somehow they spotted it at the 11. Forward progress was never established outside of the ball being in the EZ. Criminal. I pray we get out of this **** bag conference. Win these last 3 and we’ll have great momentum back. Saturday is a huge game for this program. Huge. We have better athletes, we have better players, win the turnover battle we win. Simple as that.

Didn’t this actually work out okay? They punted short. We then got 3 rather than 2. The free kick would have been from the 20 I assume. Less likely to get the three.
Not necessarily….after the safety and 2 points fsu has to kick to Miami again…could add another 3 or 7 points…..the point is they were never given the chance
Could have changed the momentum… with the score so close at the time… could have been a difference maker.

But that isn’t the rule. The rule is forward progress - the same as spotting a ball. If an offensive player is touched outside the endzone but they enter the endzone on their own momentum or progress, it’s still a safety if they are then downed in the endzone.

You’re right that the ball was not fully out of the endzone even when the tackle was initiated in this case… so even under their version of the rule it was a safety… but the explanation of the rule is 100% wrong.

“ all referees will be sent to the optometrist for additional eye support. Where glasses are necessary they will be distributed free of charge.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back