Has Richt used Coley Properly

sitzee

Freshman
Coley's Freshman year was A Highlight film... Coley's Sophomore year he sorta checked out, and during his Junior year he started to regain what we all saw in him his Freshman year...
But this year where are the Big Plays, where are the Highlights?
Don't get me wrong, he's a better WR this year then in the past, you don't see him making the mental mistakes and dropping the easy ones...
He's made some Great, adjustments to catch some of the passes...
Every game we see Berrios running a deep route & the DB is stride for stride with him and he's
hasn't caught one yet...
On the other hand why hasn't Richt called a play like that for Coley?

Last edited:
Advertisement
1. he's been playing injured (thank you Felder)
2. I think they'd call his number more if they felt he could handle it.

I think the WR's and offense in general are hampered by an unimaginative and simple to read offensive scheme. Of course the scheme and WR'ers would all be better with a good OL.

Coley's Freshman year was A Highlight film... Coley's Sophomore year he sorta checked out, and during his Junior year he started to regain
what we all saw in him his Freshman year... But this year where are the Big Plays, where are the Highlights? Don't get me wrong, he's a
better WR this year then in the past, you don't see him making the mental mistakes and dropping the easy ones... He's made some Great, adjustments to catch some of the passes... Every game we see Berrios running a deep route & the DB is stride for stride with him and he's
hasn't caught one yet... On the other hand why hasn't Richt called a play like that for Coley?

Because when he's ready to, Coley's too busy getting a band-aid on the sideline from the previous play.

He leads the team in targets, receptions and touchdowns. We're not seeing much thrown his way downfield but that was never really his game. Even as a freshman he was better at the underneath stuff. I do think he takes a lot of attention away from Richards which leads to lots of one on one opportunities for the youngster. Coley still has too many mental lapses but his ability to fight for the ball on goal line fades is spectacular. If Kaaya puts it anywhere near him, he comes down with it.

Advertisement
There is only one other receiver in Miami history who has caught more passes. He and Kayaa are deadly on the fade. The broadcasters have commented favorably on his route running.

Coley can break the single season TD record.

Ya Richt is totally ******* him over.

If he wasn't subbing himself out everyother play because he got some turf caught in his ****** maybe you'd see better #'s.

Better question is how many penalty yards has Coley racked up this year. I'd be willing to bet he leads all NCAA wr's in penalties.

Advertisement
1. he's been playing injured (thank you Felder)
2. I think they'd call his number more if they felt he could handle it.

let's be real, his injuries aren't because of Felder. he's been injury prone his entire career. Dont get me wrong, i love Coley but every time he makes a catch he comes up hurt.

If Coley had played like this all 4 years he would have been a sure fire 1st rounder. He is playing lights out and will carve a role for himself as a slot guy in the NFL. Still think he can sneak in the 3rd round if there is a big run on WRs. Or if he has a huge last 5 games of the year which is definitely possible.

Funny..people said Berrios was Kaayas go to guy and favorite target..looks like Kaaya has lost faith in Berrios's ability to get open and Coley/Richards/Njoku are the main targets. Even Malcolm Lewis gets more looks.

I was a big fan of Berrios but I think he will get lost in the fold once Cager comes back, Mullins learns the playbook and if we somehow land Holliman or DSmith or both next year.

SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 45 492 10.9 55 8
2015 47 689 14.7 67 4
2014 23 184 8.0 22 0
2013 33 591 17.9 81 7

Numbahs don't lie...

I honestly see an UFA when I watch Coley. There's nothing about him that stands out aside from leading the team in penalties and a severe lack of toughness. We'll miss him but I see Rashawn Scott and Herb Waters here.

Advertisement
Coley is a tremendous talent; however, this kid is too fragile! His draft stock will take a hit because of it.

They have him listed as 195lbs, but he's probably closer to 180... If Coley would have come in, focused on being a savage in all phases of his game, he'd be durable/sleek 205lbs with a 1st round draft grade.

Don't see how anyone can knock Feder, he just got here; I blame the kid.

Every game Kaaya tries to get Berrios on a long route down the sideline, and each time the DB is step for step with Berrios..

If Coley had played like this all 4 years he would have been a sure fire 1st rounder. He is playing lights out and will carve a role for himself as a slot guy in the NFL. Still think he can sneak in the 3rd round if there is a big run on WRs. Or if he has a huge last 5 games of the year which is definitely possible.

Funny..people said Berrios was Kaayas go to guy and favorite target..looks like Kaaya has lost faith in Berrios's ability to get open and Coley/Richards/Njoku are the main targets. Even Malcolm Lewis gets more looks.

I was a big fan of Berrios but I think he will get lost in the fold once Cager comes back, Mullins learns the playbook and if we somehow land Holliman or DSmith or both next year.

Every game Kaaya tries to get Berrios on a long route down the sideline, and each time the DB is step for step with Berrios..

Been saying this since fall practice. I'm at a complete loss for why Berrios is still playing on the outside. Yes, it worked in practice at times. I hope by now someone would have logged the incredible evidence it does not work in actual games.

Advertisement
Berrios deep repeatedly is richtarded. That should be Coley. Berrios and Coley are both being misused.

Coley has played well. The rest of the offense Richt hasn't done too great of a job with.

Who hasn't been misused?

It's unfair to expect 12 Pitt games but our offense has been a disaster on all fronts.

Advertisement
Back