Has Kyle Seen The Sun Sentinel Prediction

Kyle? This Kyle?
jLLxmPCROfsKx4PTMuyVzYBtfx8ihuvikAQ89n8ZChfh5q7qzXRw4UHQEMWMupS0VMc2iUhUBn7C1qdlSPWw0iGy5jhTqTnZ91UETAFKCVdm7iwOSA4l4L_my6WC6_u2AVWPHiwaLGXAW2Rd8SiDlMhy

Advertisement
Little confidence at The Sun-Sentinel.

No problem with that at all...its called show me.

Coupled with the 2 horrific inexcusable losses was the fact that we lost (I believe) every single game off of a bye week or anything more than just 7 days to prepare. That is **** near impossible to pull off with a squad of that caliber. Hard to get any respect after that...

UM

Here's the thing, I don't care what any one particular writer predicts. I just question the laziness of it. If you are going to be a sportswriter, and your words will be archived forever, put in a bit more effort.

Dave Hyde:

There’s definitely plenty of optimism for Hurricanes fans after an offseason filled with key upgrades. None may pay bigger dividends than landing a proven quarterback in D’Eriq King. A new offensive coordinator also helps. However, a riddle needing solving is why Manny Diaz’s team got worse as last year lengthened. Prediction: 7-4

So here's a guy who has written for The Miami Herald and the Sun-Sentinel since 1985. And he literally "solved his riddle" in the two preceding sentences. Nearly every logical sportswriter has spoken of the terrible interaction of Enos and his QB-go-round last year, yet Hyde won't even "solve the riddle"? Did our defense "get worse" as last year lengthened?

Kathy Laughlin (who?):

Comment: There is reason for hope with several new coaches and a new quarterback...That said, it could take a season for all of the new components to really jell and come together — especially since so much time was lost in spring, when teams normally adjust to all the changes. Prediction: 7-4

First, the word is "gel". As in, to form a solid gelatin. Not a runny jelly. Moving past the poor spelling/word choice of a newspaper editor, we move on to the "time lost in spring" issue, which (of course) is an issue for EVERY SINGLE TEAM. Now, nobody is predicting that we will beat Clemson. But to act as if Miami will need 11 games to "gel" and come together is just ridiculous, particularly when most of our opponents have a HC, OC, and/or DC with zero seasons or just one season under their belts. Again, we lost 7 games by 4, 3, 7, 7 (OT), 6, 10, and 14 points. Now, let's think about this...for the most part, LAST YEAR we had a new OC and a "new" starting QB (Jarren, at least at the beginning), and we didn't need a whole season to "gel", we just sucked. And ALL WE NEED is a one-score improvement per game (and a kicker) to win nearly every game we lost last year with a historically bad offense. So why all the concern about "gelling" when every team in the country has the same Covid-19 handicap on their spring and summer workouts? This is COLLEGE football, the entire team turns over every few years.

Lazy sportswriters. At least David Furones and Kevin Lerner mentioned specific players and coaches, cited stats, and acknowledged what Manny has done to address the issues of last year.
That's why I choose not to subscribe. I get more comprehensive analysis from the UAB fan.

Advertisement
You guys are out of your minds if you think 7-8 regular season wins is a bad season. It's the equivalent of 8-9 wins in a normal year, since we're not playing an FCS team this year.

How many times have we been better than that over the past 15 years? Basically once, in 2017. We are 13-13 over the past 2 years.

We have 1 guaranteed loss on our schedule and a handful of other losable games (Lville, UNC, VT, maybe a couple of others).

Lots of reasons for optimism, yes (King, Phillips, Lashlee, Borregales, etc.) but many potential weaknesses too (new scheme, horrid OL, unproven skill position players, new LBs, etc.). King will take over a couple of games, sure. But the weaknesses will hurt us at some point this year too. There will be a game we give up 6 sacks and average 3 yards per rush. Thats how this goes. It's like you guys forget how football works every offseason lol.

Anyways, 7-4 with close losses, improvement throughout the course of the season, and a bowl win would be a solid year. Not great but not bad. I'm optimistic so I'll predict 8-3.

Anyone figure out WTF Kyle is..🤷‍♂️

It's an old joke going back to a now-defunct forum.

When Kyle Wright announced he was coming to Miami, there were a million "Kyle Wright to Miami" threads.

"Has Kyle seen" is a way of asking if the thread topic has already been discussed.

Coincidentally, it's a relic of the past that harkens back to when we were actually a good football team.

Advertisement
You guys are out of your minds if you think 7-8 regular season wins is a bad season. It's the equivalent of 8-9 wins in a normal year, since we're not playing an FCS team this year.

How many times have we been better than that over the past 15 years? Basically once, in 2017. We are 13-13 over the past 2 years.

We have 1 guaranteed loss on our schedule and a handful of other losable games (Lville, UNC, VT, maybe a couple of others).

Lots of reasons for optimism, yes (King, Phillips, Lashlee, Borregales, etc.) but many potential weaknesses too (new scheme, horrid OL, unproven skill position players, new LBs, etc.). King will take over a couple of games, sure. But the weaknesses will hurt us at some point this year too. There will be a game we give up 6 sacks and average 3 yards per rush. Thats how this goes. It's like you guys forget how football works every offseason lol.

Anyways, 7-4 with close losses, improvement throughout the course of the season, and a bowl win would be a solid year. Not great but not bad. I'm optimistic so I'll predict 8-3.
7-4 is a solid yr???.....Jesus Z Christ

Advertisement
Only way 4 losses is remotely permissible is if loss #4 comes against Clemson in the ACCCG, and is followed by a bowl win.

from where we were, to a top 15-20 offense, is not conservative...but I like it.

lol
Technically true, but I was going off having King, who's proven, and Lashlee, who's proven as well. The system and King both take the pressure off the weakest unit of the team, forgetting PK last year. There are legit weapons at WR, TE, and RB. This should be King's money year, and he didn't transfer to fail. He also is the perfect QB for this system. I think bringing in Lashlee will do to the offense what bringing Diaz did to the defense.

Advertisement
Technically true, but I was going off having King, who's proven, and Lashlee, who's proven as well. The system and King both take the pressure off the weakest unit of the team, forgetting PK last year. There are legit weapons at WR, TE, and RB. This should be King's money year, and he didn't transfer to fail. He also is the perfect QB for this system. I think bringing in Lashlee will do to the offense what bringing Diaz did to the defense.
God, I hope so!

It's an old joke going back to a now-defunct forum.

When Kyle Wright announced he was coming to Miami, there were a million "Kyle Wright to Miami" threads.

"Has Kyle seen" is a way of asking if the thread topic has already been discussed.

Coincidentally, it's a relic of the past that harkens back to when we were actually a good football team.
Gotcha..Thanks for relieving this old man of having to go to my deathbed not knowing WTF Kyle was..lol

You lost me at giving up 6 sacks. You do realize the whole idea behind a Lashlee O is getting the ball out really fast, right? I seriously, seriously doubt we give up 6 sacks in a game this year. Pretty sure SMU gave up 15 all last year. Don't tell me their line was just so superior than ours. It's the system, period.

Now watch us give up 7 sacks tonight. Such is the luck of a Cane fan.

Advertisement
Back