Has James Coley pulled off another fast one??

Advertisement
I personally think Coley was handcuffed with a true freshman QB this is the true year to measure him
Was he handcuffed with an experienced senior QB the year before last?

Who was much better under Ned Fisch than he was under #Dale !

Not really if you look at the numbers and remember Morris had the bum ankle under Coley which severely limited him

Im gonna give COley this year...He had an amazing game plan against FSU and I think GOlden neutered him in the second half

I personally think Coley was handcuffed with a true freshman QB this is the true year to measure him

Meh our offensive stats were pretty much same under Fisch and Coley ?And Morris's QB rating was actually a little better Under Coley then Fisch

I don't care what Fish did. He's not the barometer of great offensive coordinating. This is about Coley, and our offense stunk with an experienced senior QB and a freshman. Both of those QBs are NFL guys.

Meh our offensive stats were pretty much same under Fisch and Coley ?And Morris's QB rating was actually a little better Under Coley then Fisch

I don't care what Fish did. He's not the barometer of great offensive coordinating. This is about Coley, and our offense stunk with an experienced senior QB and a freshman. Both of those QBs are NFL guys.

You think our offense stunk last year?? Really??

Boggles my mind that anyone could/would defend Coley as an OC. There's a big enough sample size at this point to conclude he's a below average play caller.

He's got personality and charisma...and might even have a future as an assistant head coach or even a head coach at a small program...but he's not an X's and O's guy. His totally miscast as an OC.

Advertisement

I do. See 3rd down conversion rate.

it sucked, but almost on purpose.

I believe if Coley calls a game with the right tempo and pace, we'd be incredible on that side of the ball. But, I believe he is forced by Goldie to slow down the tempo, and wait till the last sec of the play clock in order to help the defense. Slow your offense = less possessions for opponents offense = better stats for Defense

Advertisement

I believe if Coley calls a game with the right tempo and pace, we'd be incredible on that side of the ball. But, I believe he is forced by Goldie to slow down the tempo, and wait till the last sec of the play clock in order to help the defense. Slow your offense = less possessions for opponents offense = better stats for Defense

Not coincidence we were 104th in plays run last season, and in the top 20 on D (statistically speaking.) And both serve AG's ultimate mission to turn us into Pedo State South, slow fat players and slow game pace are a part of his master plan.

Not coincidence we were 104th in plays run last season, and in the top 20 on D (statistically speaking.) And both serve AG's ultimate mission to turn us into Pedo State South, slow fat players and slow game pace are a part of his master plan.

100%

And Kaaya still had the best statistical year for a true freshman QB in the last decade. Hope he decides to say "**** this, I'm running this offense at right pace and tempo". Kid's gonna be special in spite of Golden.

100%

And Kaaya still had the best statistical year for a true freshman QB in the last decade. Hope he decides to say "**** this, I'm running this offense at right pace and tempo". Kid's gonna be special in spite of Golden.

My biggest nightmare is one that could actually come true- Kaaya blossoms into the a superstar, and he's so damned good that he carries this squad to 8 wins and we're stuck with AG for another season.

The kid was born 10 years too late, IMO.

Dam I didnt even realize this....... Got Dammit mane!!!

Advertisement
The one thing Coley is exceptional at is finding QBs. When Frauden is fired the next guy needs to keep him on the staff.

He found One, who wanted to be a Cane all along. Other than that, his famous recruiting skills are not evident.

Lets see if Kaaya develops.

And his playcalling is abysmal

FSU sure didn't miss him, and in fact leaped ahead in offense and QB play when he left. I dont see how he is a must keep.

Advertisement
Back