Hartley's revenge tour

Whoever the OC is going to be is going to want to pick their own staff, it's how it is.

Advertisement
Stop. The man has 4 young children to support. Maybe he doesn't want to move his family out of Florida. Miami let him go - he has a right to seek employment wherever .

You completely miss the point! His future employment is not the issue, the issue is several hours after his divorce from the Canes he started posting his love for FSU, Miami's biggest rival. It proves Hartley never embraced being a Cane, which also daylights why Diaz booted him to the curb. The program is in desperate need of coaches who truly believe that being a Cane is an honor and something that stays with you the rest of your life.

I love how everybody is forgetting what happened to Hartley on the recruiting trail this year, he got massacred for just about every recruit he went after.

Idk why so many fans wanna cling for dear life onto all these coaches from the previous regime, did yall even watch the games this season???

I love how everybody is forgetting what happened to Hartley on the recruiting trail this year, he got massacred for just about every recruit he went after.

Idk why so many fans wanna cling for dear life onto all these coaches from the previous regime, did yall even watch the games this season???
This is what Im saying brother. I think Hartleys recruiting legend has grown a little bigger than the reality. Credit where due...good TE coach and solid recruiter...but not some cant miss sniper. He got a number of top recruits to listen to us and at the table, but closing is a different grade. I liked the guy, but not irreplaceable.

Advertisement
Was talking with a buddy earlier and interesting thought came up.

Hartley used to fire things out on social media often, sometimes about recruiting, and even respond to individual criticisms about special teams. Does anyone thing Diaz might have felt he was too much of a loose cannon or was too sensitive to take the necessary heat down here....which set a poor tone for the players on social media? Or do you think it was strictly the link to the poor offense/special teams and wiping that clean?

I agree with you. But Hartley was only playing with half a hand. How in the **** does anyone recruit an offensive player to this team. The offense has sucked so bad and only gotten worse over the past three years. The fact he got anyone here was a testament to his ability. I think he can be an asset but why he ever coached specials is a mystery and I believe it was his demise.

Lol Irvin was a bad eval. I don't think it was a bad eval at all bc I don't think they really gave it too much thought considering he is playmakers son. I think he was a take and a hope it works out type of deal (role player). I don't think the staff ever really thought Irvin was anything special.

I agree I think Jiovani(sp) Haskins was gonna be out next TE with Irvin playing a role

But dude smoked his way out of here

Advertisement
Back