Hartley

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
If he came back it would be a demotion. Patke already took over ST. So Hartley would be TE coach only?
Does he really want to coach st though? He knew he struggles there and let's be real its boring so why stay? Now if he wants back in I'm all in

Advertisement
Advertisement
With Chaney gone to Tennessee don't be surprised if Hartley becomes the next TE coach at Georgia as Coley becomes the full time OC/play caller.
Kerby smart has proven to make horrible decision under pressure he'll mess this hire up lol. Kirby smart is not a smart guy

From the lost thread...

Hartley didn't "kill it here" as a TE coach. He was a very good TE recruiter for one cycle.

We have numerous Jacksonville area players on the roster...those were all Hartley. Its not like this dude just picked up Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory and called it a day. Instrumental in bringing in some of the Georgia players as well. He had the #1 TE in the country committed for 2020 as well.

Only issue with Hartley I had, is an inexperienced coach like him should have never been involved with special teams. TE Coach and Recruiter...thats him and he was good at those things.

TE one of the stronger units on the team and is pretty deep...thats all Hartley.

Also, David Njoku...Chris Herndon...not necessarily his recruits...but he's got two high end TEs in the league after his coaching.

After we get the OC, I'd be very cool with having Hartley back as a TE and recruiter.

And look at his face...he's a slimeball. We need more slimeballs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
From the lost thread...

We have numerous Jacksonville area players on the roster...those were all Hartley. Its not like this dude just picked up Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory and called it a day. Instrumental in bringing in some of the Georgia players as well. He had the #1 TE in the country committed for 2020 as well.

Only issue with Hartley I had, is an inexperienced coach like him should have never been involved with special teams. TE Coach and Recruiter...thats him and he was good at those things.

TE one of the stronger units on the team and is pretty deep...thats all Hartley.

Also, David Njoku...Chris Herndon...not necessarily his recruits...but he's got two high end TEs in the league after his coaching.

After we get the OC, I'd be very cool with having Hartley back as a TE and recruiter.

And look at his face...he's a slimeball. We need more slimeballs.

What other good players did Hartley bring to Miami? I'm interested to know.

Also, Njoku and Herndon were NFL bound before Hartley got here, dude.

I like Hartley but would still prefer a dedicated qb coach vs a dedicated TE coach. If we can't lock down a couple ace recruiters at the WR and RB spot then he should definitely be given a look.

Would love to have him on staff for recruiting. He killed it in Jacksonville and was instrumental in bringing Brevin here which has obviously led to landing Bubba. Just don’t let him near ST.

3405318D-816C-47CB-9298-0A6DA22B57A2.png

I'm ok with keeping him as TEC especially since they've taken away STs duties.

Advertisement
Unless the new OC really wants to bring in "his own guy", I don't see any reason not to bring Hartley back. At the very least, let him fight for his job and interview.

His resume speaks for itself - in three years he has had two TEs drafted AND starting in the NFL with Njoku and Herndon - both of which got All-ACC honors (Njoku got shafted on all-american honors). He just recruited the top two TEs in the 2018 class; both of which had to play considerable time as freshman and Jordan getting All-ACC honors this season.

I mean, unless I'm missing something this seems like a no-brainer?

Advertisement
Would love to have him on staff for recruiting. He killed it in Jacksonville and was instrumental in bringing Brevin here which has obviously led to landing Bubba. Just don’t let him near ST.

View attachment 75456
Most kids commit to a coach, which is exactly what they should never do... but trust me... they get over them REAL QUICK if the next coach is legit!

What other good players did Hartley bring to Miami? I'm interested to know.

Also, Njoku and Herndon were NFL bound before Hartley got here, dude.

lol wut?

David Njoku was a *** WR prospect from NJ that had ONE career touchdown before Hartley got to campus.
Chris Herndon was a *** TE prospect with ONE career touchdown before Hartley got to campus.

I would say...no...no they were NOT NFL bound before Hartley got here.

Advertisement
Back