2023 Harris Sewell, 4 star OG from Odessa, TX Offered

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully the in state schools don't drop the bag on him and we can have a chance

Advertisement
To demonstrate that I’m a football nut, I once diverted for 60 minutes during a drive across Texas to take a look at the 19,000 seat capacity of the Permian football stadium. Amazing. Then, I popped over to to see its arch rival‘s campus at Midland Lee High School. That school sent two of our all time players to Miami: KC Jones and Eric Winston.

Lastly, I even bought a “mojo” tshirt from the Permian Panthers to support that program. Friday Night Lights forever!

Time to predict the A&M contract for this one:

-4 years/400,000 with 50000 signing bonus?
-4 years/800,000 with 100000 signing bonus? (fully guaranteed)
-sequential contract 4 years:
year1: 100000, 2: 125000, 3:150000, 4:175000, with 200000 signing bonus
-sequential contract 4 years:
1: 150000, 2:175000,3:200000,4:225000, with 100000 signing bonus

To demonstrate that I’m a football nut, I once diverted for 60 minutes during a drive across Texas to take a look at the 19,000 seat capacity of the Permian football stadium. Amazing. Then, I popped over to to see its arch rival‘s campus at Midland Lee High School. That school sent two of our all time players to Miami: KC Jones and Eric Winston.

Lastly, I even bought a “mojo” tshirt from the Permian Panthers to support that program. Friday Night Lights forever!
I was born in Odessa, lived there 12 years before we migrated to Dallas. From the Southside. I grew up with a lot of those legendary kats. Man, you are a football nut, lol. Good shii, bro💯

Advertisement

Would definitely do the same if I ever make it to Texas. Friday night lights is by far my favorite movie and show.

His high school, Odessa Permian, is the legendary program depicted in the original book “Friday Night Lights.” High school football as the center of life in a blue collar town. Fantastic book that generated so many movies and TV shows over the years.
Not sure if mentioned, but the Dallas Carter squad they played for the championship in the film (and in real life) featured none of other than The U's own Jessie Armstead, and honestly, the story of Dallas Carter was the one that should have been a film.

There's a great ESPN 30 for 30 about it where he's featured. His life could've ended up very differently.

Anyway, he was the top LB recruit in the nation. I'd like for us to get back to that.

Advertisement

Both of those stadiums are amazing.

Not sure if mentioned, but the Dallas Carter squad they played for the championship in the film (and in real life) featured none of other than The U's own Jessie Armstead, and honestly, the story of Dallas Carter was the one that should have been a film.

There's a great ESPN 30 for 30 about it where he's featured. His life could've ended up very differently.

Anyway, he was the top LB recruit in the nation. I'd like for us to get back to that.
Back when Jimmy was plucking kids out of Texas. Armstead was the #1 overall recruit in the nation by many services. We used to recruit the Dallas area very well.

I remember that Dallas Carter squad and Jesse Armstead in particular. That game against Permian was the greatest drama.

Advertisement
Back