Harley returning?

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t you want your best receiver to come back? It’s not like we have a stable of proven studs in the wings. Some people just don’t think on this site.
This - He is the teams best receiver. I am sure he is a great guy, but he is not elite. He is the prettiest of the bad WR's we have. He needs to come back.
He graduated you ****. You think someone with a degree from The University of Miami will work at Starbucks or McDonalds?

The thread is about whether Harley will come back or "go pro". He isn't good enough to go pro, and he isn't applying to work for Goldman Sachs while training for the league. He should come back, and be a nice #2 WR for King. If he is leaving to go work for Goldman Sachs, then the kid deserves all the praise in the world for making a smart life decision. I am sure he is a great guy. But he is not a great WR.

Compare him to KJ Hill

The Chargers drafted Hill in the seventh round of April's draft. Hill is fresh off a 2019 season, when he caught 57 passes and became Ohio State's all-time receptions leader with 201. Primarily a slot receiver (93% in 2019), Hill averaged an ugly 8.7 yards per target but caught 76% of balls thrown his way during his four seasons. Hill (6-foot, 196 pounds) has good hands (10 drops on 269 career targets) and is quality route runner but lacks speed (4.60 40-yard dash) and post-catch prowess.

Harley dropped balls for half the season. That doesn't get you drafted. It makes you an average WR with average hands.

Potentially a major log-jam at WR if everyone returns.

Slot: Harley, Few, Restrepo, B. Smith

Flanker: Pope, Payton, K. Smith, George

Split End: Wiggins, Redding, Worsham, Brinson

We need him but he should leave on a high note imo. He is what he is (small, skinny, average speed, hands).
his note will be higher next season, he will undoubtedly by king's #1 target ...

Advertisement
Regardless of Harley's decision I hope we do not pursue a grad transfer WR and ****** the growth of Brinson, Redding, B. Smith, George, Payton, Keyshawn, Worsham, Restrepo. Likens was niggardly with the number of snaps for the freshmen in 2020, but there's no excuse for it in 2021.

Advertisement
So much speculation and throwing our players into the portal.... some of which haven’t been here long enough for Likens to really know what they have...

Advertisement
Back